About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

A forum for the Pro Ana memebers

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 kittyneko-chan

kittyneko-chan

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:44 AM

Yes I understand that we have "taken over" the South beach sub forum but many of us would like out our own part of the forum that is more accessible. There has been A lot of talk in SBD about wanting to be able to freely talk share or tips and tricks and not be hidden the the shadows of a sub forum. While we wish to be able to do this through out the entirety of mpa I believe A lot would be happy with our own forum.
  • PrototypeHime, Alexeatsbrain, iscarewhitepeople and 4 others like this

#2 [email protected]

[email protected]

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts
  • LocationNot where I want to be

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:53 AM

I don't get the meaning for pro-Ana. Does that mean you act like you have an eating disorder or is it when you want an eating disorder but don't have one
  • GreyGrace and lost1990 like this

5'4"
Current BMI: 13.5

Goal BMI 1: 13.0
Goal BMI 2: 12.0 :)

#3 Static Sky

Static Sky

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4,720 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:59 AM

if it's more accessible, you'll just attract butterflies and trolls and right-fighters.

trust me, stick with SBD.

• betheanchor, Maximilien Robespierre, Kylo Ren and 5 others like this

GROW UP, GET FUCKED, WITHER.

Accountability  Music Dump 

Normie Tumblr  ED Tumblr 

tumblr_m4wzt6Id9L1rnufsxo1_500.gif

#4 kittyneko-chan

kittyneko-chan

Sage

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:03 AM

I don't get the meaning for pro-Ana. Does that mean you act like you have an eating disorder or is it when you want an eating disorder but don't have one

A majority of us already have eatting disorders we would like a place to freely talk and post content that could be considered questionable and tips and tricks ish that is not tolerated though out the rest of the forum.

#5 kittyneko-chan

kittyneko-chan

Sage

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:04 AM

if it's more accessible, you'll just attract butterflies and trolls and right-fighters.

trust me, stick with SBD.

Thank you for your input and it could have a post lock to help detour butterflies and trolls
  • DarkDesire and relapsingnymph like this

#6 Maximilien Robespierre

Maximilien Robespierre

MPA's Official Purveyor of Teas and Sarcasm.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,764 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:05 AM

Keeping it in a subforum makes you safer. A full forum would attract moral crusaders and all sorts of shit.

I'm sorry you get so much shit on the rest of MPA and I'm sorry for the times I've taken part in that (completely misguided), but you're way safer in a subforum and ultimately, there's no content limit, so you can just use it as a full forum.

Plus it's cleverly disguised under a clever false name so that prevents liability.

Trust me, South Beach was a good idea. It still makes sense.

• Gain(e)s, foreversmall, Kylo Ren and 14 others like this

18670860_1985015365063868_13276330077140

#7 Scáthfuath

Scáthfuath

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:26 AM

• Jack'sPerfection likes this

#8 Push Push

Push Push

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,682 posts
  • LocationStalking Senpai

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:08 AM

I would prefer us to have our own formal forum as people who are like us and newer to the site won't know about the SBD. With older members leaving the SBD it is dying and an alternative is starting to become very necessary. I hope that this time around that we actually get a forum instead of being told that it is unnecessary
  • via_me likes this

Credit goes to Mikaela and their awesome skills :D Thank you so much still

pusheendere2.png

air.jpg

Kids are still depressed when you dress them up

Spoiler

Spoiler

Art (18+)

Spoiler

STATS BELOW

Spoiler

#9 backonthescales

backonthescales

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

I think it's a good idea, especially if it had a post limit to be accessible, like 50 or something, because that would eliminate most of the crusaders, butterflies and trolls anyway.

The main issue with SBD is that it is so full of accountabilities most of the time that it's difficult to weed out the new threads. It's one reason why I left it tbh

• Push Push, DarkDesire and Neo Queen Dobby like this

I need to see my bones again... I want to get my hip hollow back!

HW: 208  LW: 102 (many years ago) CW: still too fat

Edna's Bitch

bcPqp1.png

Book Reviews - Backonthescales's ED Bookshelf

New Depression Blog Here 

#10 IA2SD is a Wendigo

IA2SD is a Wendigo

Omniscient

• Members
  • 6,836 posts
  • LocationSoDak

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

I would like a separate pro-Ana forum. To reduce clutter, and make it easier to chase off people who just want to troll or pick fights, since we would have the right of way in our own forum.
Height 5'6" Age 26

HW NOT TELLING LW 103 CW FAT GW NOT FAT

beluga3.jpg

#11 DarkDesire

DarkDesire

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Locationbelgium

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

I don't even know where to find the SBD
I mean I had no clue that is

IG accountability @strongerB430

female

strong and fit instead of weak and thin (been there done that)

@strongerB430

#12 Guest_Breath of Death_*

Guest_Breath of Death_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

I'm not even "ana," lol, but by "pro," I get the idea from the threads in the past few days that most people pushing for this just want a place to pursue their disordered behavior without getting shit on. I don't think that's a bad thing at all. I would probably participate in that, tbh. It's not that I don't feel welcome in GD, but it would be nice to be able to give advice to someone asking, and not have to worry about getting flamed to oblivion with memes.

Edit

I guess I am saying it feels restrictive in the more heavily trafficked boards. I see a lot of thread titles drowning in TWs, with the posters pleading not to get attacked. That's a problem with the site culture, imo.
  • Push Push, DarkDesire and Anasaurus Rex like this

#13 iscarewhitepeople

iscarewhitepeople

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4,449 posts
  • Locationi sleep in empty pools and vacant alleyways

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:29 PM

I would love a pro-ED subforum<3 many of us don't want to recover & are tired of annoying advice
  • EvelynSalt, MeowingKitten, Push Push and 4 others like this

i have life by the neck and drag it along. rarely does it move fast enough.

#14 Anasaurus Rex

Anasaurus Rex

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:17 PM

I still vote for a subforum that is at least more organized and usable than the dump that is SBD at the moment.

It's all well and good to say 'You have SBD, what more do you need', but would you be saying that if the rest of MPA was unorganized as well?

No.

The post limit is a good idea too, which I think SBD already has.

People are going to find out about it sooner or later if they're around enough, so I don't see the necessity of the actual forum being hidden so much.

• EvelynSalt, kittyneko-chan and DarkDesire like this

| BMI  18.4 |
| CW  106.2 |
| GW1    99 |
| GW2    88 |
| GW3    77 |

My binge/purge video

air.jpg

If only I lost weight like I lost my MPA posts.

#15 kittyneko-chan

kittyneko-chan

Sage

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

I'm not even "ana," lol, but by "pro," I get the idea from the threads in the past few days that most people pushing for this just want a place to pursue their disordered behavior without getting shit on. I don't think that's a bad thing at all. I would probably participate in that, tbh. It's not that I don't feel welcome in GD, but it would be nice to be able to give advice to someone asking, and not have to worry about getting flamed to oblivion with memes.

Edit

I guess I am saying it feels restrictive in the more heavily trafficked boards. I see a lot of thread titles drowning in TWs, with the posters pleading not to get attacked. That's a problem with the site culture, imo.

This is exactly how I feel, I can still remember when most people could talk freely with out a shit storm and I miss that. I don't want to encourage people to "catch" and ED, but I'm not ready to get better and miss the freedom to post with out getting blown up
  • DarkDesire and sixdollardress like this

#16 Anasaurus Rex

Anasaurus Rex

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 12:21 PM

Pretty much what's been said already.

-Not looking for recovery.

-Wanting to keep current habits.

-Fine with being triggered.

-Supporting those like me.

What it's not to me:

-Religious stuff (I don't hate it, but I don't care about it).

-Being unsupportive to those who choose to recover.

-Being a cunt to other people due to intake or weight.

-Hunting down and converting normies into our minions so we can take over the world.

Adding on to what I've already said in a thread about what pro-ana means to you, is there really that much difference between the people of MPA that aren't actively seeking recovery and those of SBD that are more open and just admit to it? :P

Some people just seem to think it's okay to shit on those that don't beat around the bush, if you get what I mean - like with the way people react to blatant tips and tricks posts, etc, compared to asking a question you could still get information from and people just answering it.

But I mean - those that aren't in recovery are still sticking to much the same kind of habits and are normalizing it all with other people. Plus this site is so full of various content that you could easily find on a site that will actually admit they're pro-ana: peoples stats to compare with; their smaller and smaller goal weights: diets; thinspo: competitions...

So to me, it's just a matter of how open you can be with certain things that would be right on topic with the site without the ridiculousness, and I think it silly that you have to think about how you word things when the words themselves don't make much difference - just to avoid the shittiness of other people.

Anyone else thinking this? :blink:

Edit: typo

| BMI  18.4 |
| CW  106.2 |
| GW1    99 |
| GW2    88 |
| GW3    77 |

My binge/purge video

air.jpg

If only I lost weight like I lost my MPA posts.

#17 black.coffee

black.coffee

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:12 AM

I also would really like to see a pro ana forum section.
I'm not that active on here, but I would spend more time on the beach if it was not such an anorganized mess.
I agree a certain postcount thats nessecary to get into it would be nice.

Age 22 HW: 116 kg (256 pounds) CW: 106.9kg  LW: 73 kg GW1: 89 kg GW2: 79 kg UGW: 55 kg (121 pounds)

#18 Lash

Lash

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts
  • LocationIn a small space

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:12 PM

I'd very much like this forum, thanks for your consideration.
5'8"/underweight/goal: keep on, keepin' on

#19 PersephonePomegranate

PersephonePomegranate

Sage

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationManitou Springs

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

I would love a full section so that things can be better organized.

#20 betheanchor

betheanchor

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

I think it would be a good idea, as it would reduce conflict in gen and an discussions. But I agree it should have a post limit to view (possibly one higher than most, like 100 or something) to avoid newbies/butterflies cluttering and derailing, or getting ideas when they don't have an ED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • PrototypeHime and Acherontia styx like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users