PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

Chocolate Mono Results

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Kristyn

Kristyn

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Day One:

So I was absolutely TERRIFIED to start this today. The idea of eating chocolate guilt-free, and not bingeing, purging or ending up gaining weight is terrifing.

Figured in the name of science I'll give it a go though, the fact that all you beauties have had so much success with it is SO inspiring to me so THANK YOU!!

So here we go... Day one.

So far.

Breakfast have had 150 grams of milk chocolate chips. Ha, Breakfast of champions :)

Headed out to the store now to buy some more chocolate!

Attached Files

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now. 

Height: 6 ft

CW: Terrifying

UGW: 135

Goal by end of September: 150

#2 Mijac

Mijac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationUK, North East

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Awesome!! I've just tried it today too, just for one day but we'll see what the results are in the morning! I was worried to start too but thought after reading about everyone else, it's at least worth a try. I'm a bit sick of chocolate now lol.

CW: 112

LW: 76

HW: 129

GW1: 108

GW2: 98

GW3: 90

* Everyday create your HIStory * MJ

#3 Leanne Love

Leanne Love

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Good luck I'm starting tomorrow!

#4 Obsessed

Obsessed

Sage

• Members
  • 1,080 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

I doing a week long choco mono starting monday... so excited! =)

• Elspeth likes this

When everything seems to be falling to pieces... just remember there are people out there who love you.
Remember them and know that everything will be ok in the end

Currently: Vegan

Moving to France for 3 months in June - Anyone want to teach me french? xD

#5 solarwynd

solarwynd

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

I started one today too! I'm horribly sick of chocolate, but I've eaten <200g total and I'm not hungry at all. I really want a salad!!

Can't wait to see your results! I'll post mine too. Best wishes <3

resistanceisfutile

#6 Kristyn

Kristyn

Sage

• Members
  • 1,137 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Awesome!! I've just tried it today too, just for one day but we'll see what the results are in the morning! I was worried to start too but thought after reading about everyone else, it's at least worth a try. I'm a bit sick of chocolate now lol.

I started one today too! I'm horribly sick of chocolate, but I've eaten <200g total and I'm not hungry at all. I really want a salad!!

Can't wait to see your results! I'll post mine too. Best wishes <3

Good luck ladies!! Definitely reply back with your progress! x

• solarwynd likes this

#7 Kristyn

Kristyn

Sage

• Members
  • 1,137 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Day One continued...

So far I've had 150 grams of milk chocolate chips, and 2 - 100 gram swiss milk chocolate bars. For a total of 350 grams of chocolate... yuuuck. I have two more chocolate bars (one dark, one milk) for the evening.

I've been chugging water. As of right now I feel okay.. my heart beats pretty fast sometimes, the occasional headache and I get random spurts of energy, but otherwise I'm confident I can complete the day.

If I lose after ingesting this disgusting amount of chocolate calories I will be ASTOUNDED.

Attached File  chocolate.jpg   200.74KB   0 downloads

#8 solarwynd

solarwynd

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

If I lose after ingesting this disgusting amount of chocolate calories I will be ASTOUNDED.

I know how you feel!! I've ingested more calories than I would on a bad binge day. Crossing my fingers that it works and that my stomach hasn't ballooned up too badly  :)

resistanceisfutile

#9 Mijac

Mijac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationUK, North East

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

Results for me-  I didn't feel that great lastnight. I did go on my treadmill for 40 mins to do a power walk so felt really light headed and stuff later on but I was ok.

This morning i weighed 0.8lbs less. Not as much as I hoped. I hoped for a pound BUT thats pretty close and considering I'd ate only chocolate for the day and over double the cals I normally have, that's not bad going!! Plus I'd only done it for a day and my metabolism is pretty screwed now. I think I'd do this again and maybes with a different food too but I dont know if i could manage 2 days. I'd like to try though.

• Obsessed, Elspeth and solarwynd like this

#10 solarwynd

solarwynd

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

My Results:

Starting weight: 186

Ending weight: 184.6

TOTAL = -1.4 lbs 

I ate a total of 316g for the day. Also, I ate mostly Cookies n Cream with the cookie pieces. I though the pieces would ruin it, but it still worked for me! 

Since it worked so well, I'm still going on with it for one more day :)

I was horribly sick of chocolate last night, but had cravings as soon as I woke up this morning. We'll see how tonight goes!

• Obsessed likes this
resistanceisfutile

#11 Leanne Love

Leanne Love

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

I'm so sick of chocolate and I still have a little more to eat!! I can't wait to for tomorrow and see if it worked and to eat real food!
  • solarwynd and StarvingforPerfection2112 like this

#12 solarwynd

solarwynd

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

I weigh myself quite a bit during the day, so I gave in and weighed myself at 6pm. I've gained about one pound  :o

I so so hope it's food and water weight.

Has anyone ever weighed themselves during the day while doing a mono? 

resistanceisfutile

#13 Huh.

Huh.

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:41 AM

Actually whenever I try to weigh my self the night of the mono, I weigh more but I think it's just the added food weight because when I weigh myself the next morning my scale says I lost at least a pound (sometimes without even having a bm :D)
  • solarwynd likes this

#14 Mijac

Mijac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationUK, North East

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

I weigh myself quite a bit during the day, so I gave in and weighed myself at 6pm. I've gained about one pound  :o

I so so hope it's food and water weight.

Has anyone ever weighed themselves during the day while doing a mono? 

I didn't during the day for the mono but in general anyways I weigh first thing in the morning and then right before bed to give me a bit of a idea for the morning. The night time weight is always 1-2lb more than in the morning so don't worry about that! I actually lost 3lbs this morning which was a massive shock for me lol but awesome, then again 2lb was water weight off too much the day before but then another 1lb less than i was previously so I have no idea but great! So yeah don't take notice during the day.

• solarwynd likes this

#15 solarwynd

solarwynd

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

I didn't during the day for the mono but in general anyways I weigh first thing in the morning and then right before bed to give me a bit of a idea for the morning. The night time weight is always 1-2lb more than in the morning so don't worry about that! I actually lost 3lbs this morning which was a massive shock for me lol but awesome, then again 2lb was water weight off too much the day before but then another 1lb less than i was previously so I have no idea but great! So yeah don't take notice during the day.

Thanks!! That lightens up my day :)

• Mijac likes this
resistanceisfutile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users