About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

my 35th bday is in 10 days and i'm obsessed with make-up

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 abrasivebitch

abrasivebitch

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

like seriously obsessed, i blame ipsy

• Guests

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

I don't get the connection - unless you're saying you're obsessed with trying not to look 35?

Personally I'm really happy to be older, being young wasn't fun, and maturity is a far better place.  I'm 42 and looking forward to the grey hair i have earned - sadly no sign of it yet.

#3 girl w/the dragon tattoo

girl w/the dragon tattoo

Resident Crazy Cat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,043 posts
  • LocationPaper St.

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

BIRTHDAY TWIN!!!!

#4 girl w/the dragon tattoo

girl w/the dragon tattoo

Resident Crazy Cat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,043 posts
  • LocationPaper St.

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

Ahem. I mean I as well will be 35 in 10 days...
  • abrasivebitch likes this

#5 bicabarbie

bicabarbie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

OMG I love Ipsy. I'm obsessed. I keep telling myself this month is my last month, but it never is, lol.

As I get older I, too am spending more time on my face. Of course I want to look as young as possible, but it's beccome almost a hobby now. I lock myself in the bathroom on Saturday afternoons with a glass of wine and Netflix show and just do my face, :).

#6 HikerGirl

HikerGirl

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationThe Mountains

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:30 AM

I'll have to check out IPSY. I recently discovered Good Being and it is amazing. 

H: 5'7  I   CW: 103  I   BMI:  16.1    II     HW: 152   I   LW: 92  I    GW: 114-117

In recovery  - I won't be around here much. Sending you all support and well wishes.

#7 abrasivebitch

abrasivebitch

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

Ahem. I mean I as well will be 35 in 10 days...

sorry, I wasn't receiving notifications !! happy birthday twin :)

• girl w/the dragon tattoo likes this

#8 rosegoldsakura

rosegoldsakura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:49 PM

I'm 32, and I'm obsessed with YouTube makeup tutorials, Jeffrey Star being my fav.
  • Beautyndisaster and abrasivebitch like this
CW:149.6
LW:139.0
~~~~~~~~
GW:135.0
UWG:125.0
5'5

Anything for my 🍭

#9 Rani

Rani

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNordic

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:34 AM

I'm 36 and newly obsessed with makeup and makeup tutorials! I guess my earlier years were wasted by all the struggles and I never learned to properly do my makeup. Now that I've had this new interest in it, and growing so fed up with my terrible makeup skills and ugly looks, I'm just obsessed!!!! And loving it!!! ❤

#10 abrasivebitch

abrasivebitch

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

i've always worn makeup, but since I've been married/mommy I only wear it when I go out with my husband. Now i'm trying to wear a little to look better. I don't do full-blown smoky eye or anything (I was doing that look in the 90's), and I really suck at eyebrows. I went thru my makeup collection and threw out a lot of things, foundation that is no longer my shade, eyeshadow stacks I bought from hottopic when I was 16, etc.

Do you have a favorite color or have any tips for someone with sunken eyes? I cant really find a youtube video that has an age appropriate look.

I LOVE "kitten heel" by lancome, as well as "off the rack" and one more I cant remember the name of.. more of the peachy pinks, so of course I am really enjoying the peachy palette by too faced. my next purchase will be the lorac unzipped gold pallet.

I'm 36 and newly obsessed with makeup and makeup tutorials! I guess my earlier years were wasted by all the struggles and I never learned to properly do my makeup. Now that I've had this new interest in it, and growing so fed up with my terrible makeup skills and ugly looks, I'm just obsessed!!!! And loving it!!! ❤

#11 abrasivebitch

abrasivebitch

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

I'm 32, and I'm obsessed with YouTube makeup tutorials, Jeffrey Star being my fav.

i'm going to look this one up tonight, I really need help opening my eyes up

#12 Rani

Rani

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNordic

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:54 AM

I've got sunken eyes and generally any darker than my skin colours will make me look like a raccoon or like I've been beaten up... I just recently discovered that using a white highlighting pen as an eyeshadow and sort of an eyeliner under my eyes really makes the sunken eyes "pop out" and look healthier. Also other very light and shiny colours work for this, I even tried light pink the other day which surprisingly looked rather nice, not at all like after two weeks of insomniac binge drinking, which I thought would have been the case.

i've always worn makeup, but since I've been married/mommy I only wear it when I go out with my husband. Now i'm trying to wear a little to look better. I don't do full-blown smoky eye or anything (I was doing that look in the 90's), and I really suck at eyebrows. I went thru my makeup collection and threw out a lot of things, foundation that is no longer my shade, eyeshadow stacks I bought from hottopic when I was 16, etc.

Do you have a favorite color or have any tips for someone with sunken eyes? I cant really find a youtube video that has an age appropriate look.

I LOVE "kitten heel" by lancome, as well as "off the rack" and one more I cant remember the name of.. more of the peachy pinks, so of course I am really enjoying the peachy palette by too faced. my next purchase will be the lorac unzipped gold pallet.

#13 bicabarbie

bicabarbie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

OP, you need a skin colour corrector. It's literally theater paint. It'll either be a bright green, red or yellow, depending on what colour you're trying to correct. I use a green for the red in my skin and it's awesome.

#14 abrasivebitch

abrasivebitch

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

OP, you need a skin colour corrector. It's literally theater paint. It'll either be a bright green, red or yellow, depending on what colour you're trying to correct. I use a green for the red in my skin and it's awesome.

for which areas? I tan 5 days a week..i know its awful but i'm addicted, my mom has rosacea but it looks like I didn't inherit that 

#15 abrasivebitch

abrasivebitch

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:01 AM

I don't get the connection - unless you're saying you're obsessed with trying not to look 35?

Personally I'm really happy to be older, being young wasn't fun, and maturity is a far better place.  I'm 42 and looking forward to the grey hair i have earned - sadly no sign of it yet.

I've been partially gray since I was a teen, I have a huge chunk in the front of my head, part of my left armpit and now maybe 70% of my pubes... when I lost enough weight to actually inspect that area I yelled at my husband for not telling me

#16 Beautyndisaster

Beautyndisaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

Funny, I'm turning 34 this year and have been obsessed with makeup lately. I like Carlie Bybel...if that's how you spell her name. 

#17 EtherReal

EtherReal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

Ha, before every birthday and each wedding anniversary I get like this too!  I just turned 37.

5'5

CW 154

LW 110 - HW 160

160 159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151

150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141

140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131

130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121

120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111

UGW ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users