PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

nausea, sickness, pain D:

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_clementines11_*

Guest_clementines11_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

okay so hi and thank you for reading  :)

every time i fast, i wake up the next morning with intense nausea! i do not understand how people can fast for days without feeling nausea, or maybe they just ignore it....? i'm a baby when it comes to pain, so i can never fast more than a day. i usually eat around 400 - 500 calories daily, but if it's anything lower i get nauseated. does this happen to everyone, and am i just being a wuss about it? it feels like i have to throw up, but i think my empty stomach kinda makes it impossible to do that. 

does anyone have tips for nausea, getting rid of nausea, or preventing nausea?? are there good times to eat, so that i can prevent feeling sick when i wake up? any answers to those would greatly help me  B)

(i'm new, so if i'm being annoying, you can tell me)

#2 iheartbon3s

iheartbon3s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

I'm the same as you, and I get bad head aches! Like right now, I've fasted all day today and I feel so sick and my head is killing me.. I'm sorry I don't have any advice to help it, as I need the advice too, just wanted to say that you're not alone! x 

#3 Guest_clementines11_*

Guest_clementines11_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

thanks, i appreciate that! sucks though, right??

#4 Guest_hardlystarving_*

Guest_hardlystarving_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

try peppermint tea first thing to settle your stomach. 

#5 uncharted

uncharted

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • LocationNY, NY USA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Your stomach is eating itself and that causes excess acid. Coat stomach with a cup of hot water with a splash of milk to prevent feeling sick & make you feel full for a couple of hours. 5 cups of these typically amount to 50 cal. Pure tea is too acidic..and will cause more nausea.

Headaches are caused by the loss of electrolytes in the body. Mini-bites from Clif energy shot bloks gummies may help with that. 1 blok is 25 cal..? Eat some protein (raw nuts & hard boiled eggs) in the morning.
  • iheartbon3s likes this

uncharted

5'0

HW: 140 lbs

LW: 80 lbs

CW: 105 lbs   7/29/2014

GW1: 100 lbs

GW2: 95 lbs

GW3: 90 lbs

GW4: 85 lbs

UGW: 80 lbs

#6 halfofmyheart

halfofmyheart

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,649 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

okay so hi and thank you for reading  :)

every time i fast, i wake up the next morning with intense nausea! i do not understand how people can fast for days without feeling nausea, or maybe they just ignore it....? i'm a baby when it comes to pain, so i can never fast more than a day. i usually eat around 400 - 500 calories daily, but if it's anything lower i get nauseated. does this happen to everyone, and am i just being a wuss about it? it feels like i have to throw up, but i think my empty stomach kinda makes it impossible to do that. 

does anyone have tips for nausea, getting rid of nausea, or preventing nausea?? are there good times to eat, so that i can prevent feeling sick when i wake up? any answers to those would greatly help me  B)

(i'm new, so if i'm being annoying, you can tell me)

same thing for me!!... so i dont fast anymore.. just stay between 500-800 cals
I'm back after 2 months of trying to "recover"... I feel huge and wish I never even tried.. It's been 8 years and anorexia is just a part of who I am..

MPA SW: 118
SW: 114 .......08/10/14 (when I decided to quit recovery)

5'6"

**BMI** will update soon

HW: 132
LW: 95.5

**CW** weighing sometime later today =\

GW1: 105
GW2: 101
GW3: 97
GW4: 94
UGW: 90

#7 Guest_clementines11_*

Guest_clementines11_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

thanks to you all!! i will definitely try what you suggested, especially the hot water and milk thing! it also helps that you explained why i'm so nauseated (the excess acid).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users