About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Have you gained or lost weight being Bulimic?

Bulimia

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 ZeppelinQueen

ZeppelinQueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:34 AM

Hi guys, not sure if I'm allowed to post this kinda thing in here so please don't get angry just kindly let me know. I've noticed a lot of people on here getting upset with certain triggering posts, I'm not exactly sure what's acceptable on here nowadays. Anyways, I'm curious as to if people have lost a lot of weight or gained a lot of weight being bulimic. I have personally lost weight but I've noticed I haven't been able to lose anymore weight and have stayed at 110 pounds for awhile now. Is that because my binges are catching up to me or is it because I've already lost so much weight that my body is having a hard time losing it now? I'm really worried I'll start gaining weight back, my binges are becoming more frequent but my purging is getting more intense at the same time. I make sure I get everything out and I definitely feel the effects of having nothing in my system (light headed, headaches, hunger pains). So I'm assuming I'm getting most of it out. I just need other opinions right now, I'm kinda freaking out and have no one to talk too.
Again please don't get angry if this kind of post isn't allowed, I'm just in need of some kind of guidance or advice.
  • Ces05379a and subtlefeatherweight22 like this

#2 dalii

dalii

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationCroydon

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

I've lost weight when I've restricted while purging. If I BP or just eat a little and purge everything, I continuously lose. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but most of my good weight loss has been done either restricting and purging everthing, or BPing and restricting and eating like, a very small amount of something low sodium every day.

At the moment I'm BPing but also keeping down up to 700 and I'm not losing.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Starting weight: 113 (hospital weight)

Current weight: 71.8kg (Jan 2017)

Goal weight: 79kg

100 |85| 75 | 59 | 49 | 45 | 35 | 30

vegetarian, wannabe fruitarian

BPD, GAD, ADHD, PCOS

http://inthegraceofc...pace.tumblr.com (secret SH blog. msg for password)
My collection of thinspo

#3 WhatCorn

WhatCorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:50 AM

I've been bulimic and anorexic for a few year, and bulimia definitaly makes me fatter. But i've stopped purging a few months ago because to me bulimia is alot worse than ana on the "short term". I used to purge nearly everyday, and at one point, I could choke, have my heart rate double, I didn't really care. But I gave a thought to what purging does to your organs and teeth on the long term. You literally rote from the inside. 

I still binge sometimes, and it's hard af not to get it all out, but i know my body's glad. So I think it's really good that you're looking for another option. You should try putting yourself a minimum kcals a day, let's say 800. This way, you'll lose the weight, and you won't have as much cravings for binges, since you have smth on your stomach.

Stay safe,

• imaromantic likes this

https://www.pinteres...hinfrenchunico/

^Need thinspo, workouts, cal count? Check this out (TW SH)^

#4 MOBSCENE

MOBSCENE

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:54 AM

lost

#5 zoso96113

zoso96113

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:55 AM

I've been binging and purging every day and I'm the same as you, I'm stuck between 110lbs-112lbs. I've lost quite a bit because of bulimia, but I also restrict outside of b/p. I think maybe the binges are catching up and water weight. That's what I'm thinking. 

• thinsquid likes this

giphy.gif

height: 5'3"

current weight: 105.2 lbs / 47.7 kg / 18.6 bmi

​highest weight: 132 lbs / 59.8 kg / 23.4 bmi

lowest weight: 88 lbs / 39.9 kg / 15.6 bmi

[] 105 lbs / 47.6 kg / 18.6 bmi

[] 100 lbs / 45.3 kg / 17.7 bmi

[] 95 lbs / 43.0 kg / 16.8 bmi

[] 90 lbs / 40.8 kg / 15.9 bmi

[] 85 lbs / 38.5 kg / 15.1 bmi

[] 80 lbs / 36.2 kg / 14.2 bmi

#6 SixtiesChick

SixtiesChick

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:21 AM

Actually, why would you want to even go below 110? You will lose all of your muscle mass and that will shut off your metabolism. Besides, if you want to keep losing weight for some reason, it sounds like you want to be ana and that's heavy long term restricting (although anas can be mias too, of course).

But to answer your question- I lose a lot of weight b/ping but I am sure to eat small healthy meals outside of bping to keep my metabolism going. That's just me, everybody is different though.

• bocconiamari likes this

#7 Kodos

Kodos

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Australia

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:49 AM

I've lost, gained and maintained whilst being bulimic. For the most part I tend to lose weight though. I recently hit my lowest weight, well actually I surpassed it by quite a bit, all while b/p-ing on thousands upon thousands of calories every day.

...I feel like death though, so there's that.

tumblr_m74ghwpfap1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

0408caeb-b553-4237-b771-cf7d6df91367_zps

5’7 – 170cm

HW: 74.0kg - BMI: 25.6 (2013)

CW: 46.0kg - BMI: 15.9 (15. Feb. 2017)

#8 4am

4am

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:55 AM

Actually, why would you want to even go below 110? You will lose all of your muscle mass and that will shut off your metabolism.

no... no it won't. if that's true, how am i still losing steadily below 110 pounds? i swear to god every metabolism myth out there is dumb and exaggerated, like... do some research.

• Size Asian and satsuma like this

tumblr_nkyvu5kQ3p1u2su2bo1_500.gif

cw: 90lbs / 41kg

ugw: 81lbs / 37kg

#9 HateMyself89

HateMyself89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:11 AM

I have lost weight for sure - over 20kgs actually (this time around - first bad relapse). I cannot stop purging until it's all out and I'm totally done otherwise I feel full disgusting and I start panicking. That leads me to make sure there's nothing left to guarantee I'm losing.

height: 1.69 m

hw: 120 kg

lw: 38 kg

cw: 65kg

gw1: 79 kg **FINALLY DONE!!**

gw2: 70 kg **DONE  :D **

gw3: 65 kg ** I AM HERE!!!** 

gw4: 59 kg **I think I'll be happy here** WRONG - Not going to be happy here

ugw: 45 kg **No longer wish to achieve this** - Oh yes I fucking do!

83 -- 82 -- 81 -- 80 -- 79 -- 78 -- 77 -- 76 -- 75 -- 74

73 -- 72 -- 71 -- 70 -- 69 -- 68 -- 67 --66 -- 65 -- 64

63 -- 62 -- 61 -- 60 -- 59 -- 58 -- 57 -- 56 -- 55 -- 54

53 -- 52 -- 51 -- 50 -- 49 -- 48 -- 47 -- 46 -- 45

:wub: :P :P :P :wub:

Accountability: http://www.myproana....mal-to-perfect/

#10 Sarahzee

Sarahzee

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

It depends on your intake and b/p habits honestly. I got to my LW by restricting in the day and having a 1200++kcal bp at night. Slowly gained weight during exam month when I ate normally in the day and b/p said amount at night. So yeah it varies.

Generally you look at total input, effectiveness at purging, to gauge. CICO really.
Height: 5'3
HW: 115lb
CW: 111lb 105lb
GW: 107lb 100lb
UGW: 99lb

#11 Chameleon Soul

Chameleon Soul

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4,980 posts
  • LocationLost in a labyrinth of my thoughts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:43 AM

At first I maintained because I would only purge part of a binge. Then I gained because I was eating quite a bit outside of binges. Now, I'm alternating between losing and maintaining (maintaining because I've refused to drink water).

Height: 5'10"  II  Weight: Still Loading...

Scatter-Brained Thoughts and Rambles II Just a lot of pictures of a gross potato

~UPDATE VIDEO LINKS~

200_s.gif

#12 Holiday

Holiday

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Locationin bed

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

Most recent relapse I lost over 20lbs between August and November b/ping on thousands of cal almost every day. There were a couple hospitalizations/IV drips during that time which caused me to gain a little bit it always came off. It was super bad for my health tho, I didn't eat outside of b/p and by the end of November my potassium, sodium, blood pressure, heart rate, and blood sugar were all life threateningly low and tbh I'm lucky I didn't die lmao
So yeah I lost weight but 2/10 would not recommend. Honestly depending on how tall you are 110 is probably already pretty thin.

30-rock30-rock-quotestracy-morganperfect

8c8dda85d4a835dd462949824d7446bd.jpg

Height: 5'6

Weight: 98lbs

BMI: 15.8

AN b/p

#13 second best

second best

Omniscient

• Members
  • 2,993 posts
  • Locationunder your stairs

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

Gain oh so slowly

#14 Flapjacks

Flapjacks

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, uk

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

Lost

chesh

#15 the.lovely.bones

the.lovely.bones

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:57 AM

Mostly gained....

''I don't starve to be thin, I starve to die''

#16 milkaoreoslover

milkaoreoslover

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Locationpoland

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

at the beginning i lost but now I only gain
6'1(185 cm)
hw:84kg-bmi 25.8
lw:46kg-bmi 13.4
cw:56kg-bmi 16.3

#17 AlabasterJones

AlabasterJones

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

Been fluctuating between the same five lbs while B/Ping

#18 Sissi79

Sissi79

Omniscient

• Members
  • 2,652 posts
  • LocationSpain, Europe

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

My diagnosis is AN, not BN, however I was bulimic years ago, and sometimes I lost like crazy but would gain like crazy after a while, or maintain. My weight was always going up and down, and with so much water retention due to fucked up electrolytes, it was impossible to know what was real gain and what wasn't.
I think it's different for every person tbh. Like, some people truly purge everything and lose, others some, others go in cycles... That's probably why there's no weight required for the diagnosis of BN. It has to do more with the behavior than with the "results" of said behavior.
If I am wrong, please nobody take offense.

Op, purging in any way does cause massive water retention. So maybe you're actually losing weight, but it just doesn't show on the scale because your body is likely to retain any fluid that it gets. Also, the lower your BMI, the lower your TDEE. Which sucks big time regarding weight loss. But it is true; that's why it's harder to lose the thinner you get.
  • Missy's daughter likes this

#19 ElectraToya

ElectraToya

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

Maintained and fluctuated. Any weight I do lose comes back on just as fast as I lost it lol.
GW: ?

#20 bulimicbeautyhere15

bulimicbeautyhere15

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

my ED started at 65kg

after first ana period i was 56kg

then i binged up to my HW of 74kg

second ana period got down to 56kg again

then mia hit me HARD B/PED MYSELF UP TO 66kg

then with mia i lost some weight i was 62kg (now)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bulimia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users