About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Post Partum Depression and Anxiety (PPDA)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cheapdate

cheapdate

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,756 posts
  • LocationNumber 12, Grimmauld Place

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

Anyone else diagnosed with PPDA?

I think a support group would be great on here. I feel so alone in this but I know there are others out there who have gone through/are going through the same thing.

"For small creatures such as we
the vastness is bearable only through love."
Carl Sagan, Contact

#2 Jem6409

Jem6409

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:51 AM

I went through it with all three of my children. It's one of the hardest things ever. But doing much better now with help from a great doctor.
If you need a friend, feel free to pm me.

• Guests

Posted Yesterday, 04:01 PM

I did not have PPD, which we were shocked about haha. My anxiety, however, absolutely skyrocketed after my son was born. I am hesitant to call it PPA though, since I had anxiety before my son; it just got infinitely worse after having a baby and breastfeeding for almost a year. I'd still definitely like to see a support group for parents with anxiety/depression, though. :)

#4 gej2e

gej2e

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Today, 01:04 AM

I was diagnosed with PPD and PPOCD. I felt really terrible for awhile, but things improved with therapy and meds for a little while. I have dealt with a lot of emotional issues throughout my life, but that was really the hardest one because, even today, I feel like the first year of my daughter's life I was not totally present and able to appreciate her as a baby. I'm definitely here for anyone that needs to talk or vent!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users