About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Post Partum Depression and Anxiety (PPDA)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 K13lorraine9

K13lorraine9

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:08 AM

if i would talk about my mother i would never end writing here ajajajja

but just lets says that she soooooooooooo obese and old school raised, shes into other people business instead of worrying about her own things, she likes to criticize and judge people, she blame everyone for all that she do wrong, she doesnt know how to approach, she always start yelling and complaining about dumb things, the time when i dont live with her she was like instead of call and say something like " hi, i just want to wish u a happy day and i love u, how are u" she was like "why u didnt call me , what the f*ck are u doing, u forget that u have a mother or what...." so we never get along, she always get upset when im on diet, my clothes, my friends, my career, or before my husband she upset about the people i use to date like "why u dont have a boyfriend?!" or when i have it she was like "why u dont bring him" or when i bring a guy to my house she was so mean with them that they just ended dumping me in that moment!!!, and dont talk about raising kids because she always had a opinion about anything, she always complain about why my daughter is thin (she thinks that the fat babys/kids are cute and healthy), and i dont know if she try to do things on porpuse or if she is just dumb or if she forget it or if she is trying to be nice and good, i really dont know but she has attempted on give her food that my daughter is allergic (and i say attempt because i catch her on time and throw the food and told her a million times that shes allergic to this or that, or that cookie is made of this or this food contain this ingredient that she cant eat ) 

my daughter lover her and she likes to play with her and she try to be a good grandma to her

but sometimes i think that if they will be alone she already had killed my baby

* take 1 step at a time*

hw: 196 lb (89kg) pregnancy 10/2013  

lw: 100 lb (45kg) few months on 2008 and 2010

sw: 189 lb (86kg) 01/2016  

cw: 167 lb (76kg) 01/2017  

cw: 158 lb (72kg)  3/2017, im stuck here :mellow:  

gw: 132 lb (60)kg

ugw: 110 lb (50kg) 

#22 cheapdate

cheapdate

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,959 posts
  • LocationNumber 12, Grimmauld Place

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:57 PM

if i would talk about my mother i would never end writing here ajajajja

but just lets says that she soooooooooooo obese and old school raised, shes into other people business instead of worrying about her own things, she likes to criticize and judge people, she blame everyone for all that she do wrong, she doesnt know how to approach, she always start yelling and complaining about dumb things, the time when i dont live with her she was like instead of call and say something like " hi, i just want to wish u a happy day and i love u, how are u" she was like "why u didnt call me , what the f*ck are u doing, u forget that u have a mother or what...." so we never get along, she always get upset when im on diet, my clothes, my friends, my career, or before my husband she upset about the people i use to date like "why u dont have a boyfriend?!" or when i have it she was like "why u dont bring him" or when i bring a guy to my house she was so mean with them that they just ended dumping me in that moment!!!, and dont talk about raising kids because she always had a opinion about anything, she always complain about why my daughter is thin (she thinks that the fat babys/kids are cute and healthy), and i dont know if she try to do things on porpuse or if she is just dumb or if she forget it or if she is trying to be nice and good, i really dont know but she has attempted on give her food that my daughter is allergic (and i say attempt because i catch her on time and throw the food and told her a million times that shes allergic to this or that, or that cookie is made of this or this food contain this ingredient that she cant eat ) 

my daughter lover her and she likes to play with her and she try to be a good grandma to her

but sometimes i think that if they will be alone she already had killed my baby

Your mom sounds absolutely freaking insane! It sounds like she has her own issues and takes it out on you! Giving your daughter food that she's allergic to?? Does she keep a list of the allergies or does she not care?? I mean, that is absolutely serious! Grandparents seem to be a lot more affectionate towards their grandchildren than their own kids. It's good that she tries her best to be the best grandma to your daughter, but it might be a bit too late to try to talk to your mom about how she treats you. :( Do you guys have a plan to move out soon? I think your mental health is very fragile just from living with her. :\

• K13lorraine9 likes this

"For small creatures such as we
the vastness is bearable only through love."
Carl Sagan, Contact

#23 misshannam

misshannam

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

I think I may have PPDA, I have my 6 week checkup Wednesday and I'll talk to my doctor about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • cheapdate likes this

Height: 5'4

SW: 210

[x]GW1: 200

[x] GW2: 180

[] GW 3: 150

[] GW 4: 130

[] GW 5: 115

[] GW 6: 100

[] UGW: 80

53118320.png

#24 K13lorraine9

K13lorraine9

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

Your mom sounds absolutely freaking insane! It sounds like she has her own issues and takes it out on you! Giving your daughter food that she's allergic to?? Does she keep a list of the allergies or does she not care?? I mean, that is absolutely serious! Grandparents seem to be a lot more affectionate towards their grandchildren than their own kids. It's good that she tries her best to be the best grandma to your daughter, but it might be a bit too late to try to talk to your mom about how she treats you. :( Do you guys have a plan to move out soon? I think your mental health is very fragile just from living with her. :\

i know!!

my husband just laugh about her and says to me like dude how u survive to her!!!

and i just laugh and im like dude i dont have another option when i born u know

and she doesnt care about the allergies, when somethign like that happen shes just like "aaawww im sorry i really sorry it wasnt my intention, forgive me, i forget it"

soooooo i just have to be really cautious when shes around my baby

and we are searching house for rent, i just hope find something really soon :)

* take 1 step at a time*

#25 cheapdate

cheapdate

• Members
  • 11,959 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

I think I may have PPDA, I have my 6 week checkup Wednesday and I'll talk to my doctor about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really glad you are looking for the warning signs and taking the initiative to talk to your doctor about it! I know in the US that at the 6 week check up they are supposed to give you a screening questionnaire just in case, but my questionnaire wasn't very in depth so I talked more thoroughly to my midwife about it and she suggested I talk to my therapist and psych. So if they give you some lame questionnaire make sure to talk more in depth to your doctor!

Carl Sagan, Contact

#26 Cavachameleon

Cavachameleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

Hi. Funny enough I don't suffer with ppd, (although I was diagnosed with it yrs ago following a very severe cutting phase) I'm very reactive to birth control though.. can't take any hormone related birth control as I turn into a major psycho. Could it be that?

#27 Cavachameleon

Cavachameleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:35 PM

My mum was very much like that, also "you're a waste of space, your kids would be better off with me" the bitch is a hardcore alcoholic. I tolerate her, because she's my mother. But I see her as little as possible. Don't want her damaging my children anymore than she has done already. I hope that happens for you.

#28 cheapdate

cheapdate

• Members
  • 11,959 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

Hi. Funny enough I don't suffer with ppd, (although I was diagnosed with it yrs ago following a very severe cutting phase) I'm very reactive to birth control though.. can't take any hormone related birth control as I turn into a major psycho. Could it be that?

My mum was very much like that, also "you're a waste of space, your kids would be better off with me" the bitch is a hardcore alcoholic. I tolerate her, because she's my mother. But I see her as little as possible. Don't want her damaging my children anymore than she has done already. I hope that happens for you.

PPDA is very interesting. My symptoms weren't the run of the mill normal symptoms such as basic depression. I would randomly burst into tears over the stupidest things, I had severe insomnia, I was very moody, and my thoughts were racing all the time. If you think your outbursts are related to hormonal birth control maybe you can take the birth control without hormones? I'm on the "heather" pills right now and they don't contain any hormones.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. She sounds like someone I wouldn't want my baby around either. Kids don't need to be around that kind of negative energy!

Carl Sagan, Contact

#29 cheapdate

cheapdate

• Members
  • 11,959 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

i know!!

my husband just laugh about her and says to me like dude how u survive to her!!!

and i just laugh and im like dude i dont have another option when i born u know

and she doesnt care about the allergies, when somethign like that happen shes just like "aaawww im sorry i really sorry it wasnt my intention, forgive me, i forget it"

soooooo i just have to be really cautious when shes around my baby

and we are searching house for rent, i just hope find something really soon :)

Sorry for not responding sooner! I had a birthday party yesterday!

I really hope you get out of that house soon. As I said to another poster you don't need your kid around that kind of constant negative energy. Your kid is still young enough to not remember all the crazy things your mom is doing so the sooner you are out the healthier it is for you and your daughter! I really think if you're away from your mom it will help your mental state a LOT.

Carl Sagan, Contact

#30 cheapdate

cheapdate

• Members
  • 11,959 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:55 AM

Major PPDA breakthrough - I actually took a nap while baby was napping :o

Carl Sagan, Contact

#31 K13lorraine9

K13lorraine9

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

congrats for that nap

I hope all you guys are ok

I really cant nap while shes napping, I usually take that time to do things like laundry, take a shower, clean something, pick up he toys, cook and I feel if I take a nap I will fall sleep for hours! ajajaja

sorry for no answer sooner or be out of this but I was on a kind of rehab

after my sister weeding like a month ago my husband that same night had a big breakdown and our marriage almost ends, so we had to work a lot in our relationship and how to improve as a couple and family, now im still happy married, I learn to deal with a lot of things, im still leaving with my mother ( <_<) but that's because we don't find yet the house (its really hard find place to rent in the downtown) but I learn to deal with her and all her attitude, the good thing is that once my father arrange hes pension they going to move to other house in a different city (1 hour away from where I want to move) and finish a big audit that I have in my job

so at this point all its ok

* take 1 step at a time*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users