About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

possible eating disorder? help?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:58 AM

(this topic might contain triggering content, in depth descriptions of disordered behavior)

hi mpa.

i'm super confused because some days i'll binge because i see myself as too thin, and then sometimes i won't eat at all ?? this has been going on for three years and i'm just really scared because i don't knpow what's going on. my perception of myself fluctuates so wildly that i never know what it'll be tomorrow. i wish i knew what's happening to me.

sorry if this is in the wrong topic, i'm new.

#2 Katie Katie

Katie Katie

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationUnder the sea

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:59 AM

Welcome :)

It sounds like body dysmorphia to me.

• tatelangdon likes this

#3 anathepoet

anathepoet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:24 AM

hey welcome

no one here can diagnose you, I suggest seeing a doctor if you want to be sure about it.

#4 Ameyls

Ameyls

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

I think this is pretty common, actually. It's the reason there's the category of OSFED--basically a catch all for disordered behaviors that don't fit within the other categories. If you're concerned, and you wish you could stop, it's time to get help. Any decent therapist versed in eating disorders will recognize what you're going through and be able to help. 🙂

#5 endlessnight

endlessnight

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Locationthe place the rest of the world hates

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

You may have an eating disorder, or you may not. 

Either way, if your actions around food are interfering with your life, or if they are making you miserable, and you are unable to change it on your own, seeing a therapist would be a good idea. Just know that you may have to see multiple people before you find one that works for you. 

Obsession is the opposite of love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users