About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Does anyone else do this (kinda shoplifting but not?)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Bowie

Saint Bowie

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:53 AM

I steal the stickers from reduced bakery at the supermarket and stick them on expensive shit

$20 box of fancy truffles? Mine for $1.87 bitchessss
  • dyingwillow, keeptehpeace, whatcouldhavebeen and 4 others like this

5'4"

hbmi: 23.15

cbmi: 17.36

gbmi: 15.24

instagram: @saint.bowie

200.gif

e137b9c55ec835c2ab8dc02f6332ca76.gif

#2 Ganja Gremlin

Ganja Gremlin

The Real Goddess Ana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,321 posts
  • Locationisolating myself from humanity

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:58 AM

no but thats a good idea. im gonna start doing thaat now. you just go through self checkout huh?

Height: 5 '6
Eating Disorder: Anorexia b/p subtype
HW: 156 repulsive pounds ( bmi of 26 i think)
CW: 92 pounds :(
BMI: 14.8
LW: 86.8 pounds/bmi 14.0
GW: 85 pounds
UGW: RECOVERY AND SELF ACCEPTANCE AND NOT CARING ABOUT MY GOD DAMN WEIGHT ( to an extent of course, I never wanna get overweight)

6ea9ab1baa0efb9e19094440c317e21b.gif

#3 pretty boy

pretty boy

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:00 AM

LOL I personally wouldn't do something like that but that's actually smart af

• prisma likes this

tumblr_inline_myl3u369ld1sw29ud.gif

AmazingDeterminedBantamrooster.gif

tumblr_nl7w8pEfvn1s8diwoo1_500.gif

#4 AyySock

AyySock

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:14 AM

This is genius??

• Hazle Weatherfield likes this

My stats:

Height: 5'5.5"

HW: 161 lbs  (At 5'3")

CW: 106 lbs

LW: 100 lbs

UGW ded

anxious little nerd

HuzfhLb.png

#5 ThrowMeAway

ThrowMeAway

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationWestern US

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:39 AM

I go through self checkout and enter my expensive fancy organic stuff as peasant cheap produce.

Organic grapes that are $6/lb? Yeah, these are 60 cent/lb Roma tomatoes now, bitch. I look to see what's on sale before checking out and enter those items in place of mine.

It's lower risk and the savings really add up over time. You can even enter organic as conventional produce if you don't want to feel like a huge thief.
  • Deadpool'sTinyHand, Isthisthereallife, Nalini and 1 other like this

#6 Saint Bowie

Saint Bowie

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:39 AM

no but thats a good idea. im gonna start doing thaat now. you just go through self checkout huh?

Yeah always. Also in self checkout I stack things on top of each other if I'm getting more than one of something so not only do I get the thing for cheap but I also get one free lmao

5'4"

200.gif

#7 Saint Bowie

Saint Bowie

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:40 AM

Thank the Lordy for self checkouts lmaooo
  • Hazle Weatherfield likes this

5'4"

200.gif

#8 stellula

stellula

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationidk

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:44 AM

might not be shoplifting but its still stealing lol

• sqrrlgrrl likes this

they call me little star 'cause i burn bright & i go far

bigp0hM.gif

stellula's slack shack

support a religion/spirituality forum!

#9 sorren

sorren

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:45 AM

Yah I do this. I take the peel-able barcode off of things like exercise books and individual Easter eggs (basically anything that retails for $1) and stick it over the barcode of: multipack energy drinks (saves $20), diet pills, protein powder, expensive icecream, whitening strips etc.

You have to be subtle, especially if it's crowded. I tend to cut barcodes off of things when I'm at home (like chocolate bars etc.), stick some blue tack or double sided tape to them and them store them stuck to a plastic loyalty card in my wallet. Then I stick them on whilst doing my shopping. When I scan at self checkout, I slide my hand under the item as I go to bag it and pull off the barcode I've stuck on. Then I scrunch it in my hand or slip it into my wallet. That way if an employee comes into contact with your purchases for any reason there's no evidence of a tamper. Plus the movement is so subtle security cams can't spot it.

If they go "oh, why did this x scan as y?" it could be a store error where they've registered the wrong barcode, or you could claim you double scanned something by accident etc.

Top tip: if, for example, you're using the barcode of a kit Kat for your 'switch' also buy a kit Kat in your transaction. That way if you get questioned you just go "oh I heard the beep, my kit Kat must have scanned twice by mistake"
Always have enough money to pay for the expensive item because something might go wrong. One time I didn't fully cover the original barcode and it scanned instead - had to pay for it to avoid attracting attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • kidtrash, falling.from.grace and TeiKallistei like this

Now I am quietly waiting for the catastrophe of my personality to seem beautiful again, and interesting, and modern.

6'2 . 188cm // HW: 82kg // CW: 60.3kg (17.2) // GW 1: 58kg (16.4) // GW 2: 55kg (15.5) // UGW: dead

#10 sorren

sorren

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:47 AM

But please be mindful that this is classed as fraud, not theft - so if they catch on you may receive a more serious charge based on your country's laws. They would undoubtably let you go if they caught you once but if you do it frequently at the same location they will notice (especially with the same items). At my work we have a customer who switches barcodes and she only visited a few times when I was supervising checkouts and I caught on quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • sqrrlgrrl likes this

Now I am quietly waiting for the catastrophe of my personality to seem beautiful again, and interesting, and modern.

6'2 . 188cm // HW: 82kg // CW: 60.3kg (17.2) // GW 1: 58kg (16.4) // GW 2: 55kg (15.5) // UGW: dead

#11 asortafairytale

asortafairytale

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:53 AM

Yes I have done this a lot, but they can catch on, trust me. If you frequent the same places there's only so many times you can get away with 'oh i wonder how that sticker got there' or 'oops did i forget to scan a few items? My head is in the clouds today so sorry!' etc

• sqrrlgrrl likes this
21nduz4.jpg

#12 narroweggin

narroweggin

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationUSA / UK

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:57 AM

i've done this with clothes before

like taking the sale sticker off of one thing and putting it on a more expensive item

it's kinda shitty but a gal's gotta get her thrillz somewhere

• Hazle Weatherfield, pumpkin seed, TeiKallistei and 1 other like this

**  currently being forced into recovery hahahelpsaveme

6d078f71112558953c0ff1b72924734a.gif

#13 umbry

umbry

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Locationchicago

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:01 AM

I steal the stickers from reduced bakery at the supermarket and stick them on expensive shit

does it ring up for $1.87 or do you have to talk to an employee for it to go through?

love-blur-anime-manga-girl-Favim.com-204

tumblr_ogifihV5Ze1sr8zvlo5_r1_400.jpg

22 y.a./ 5'2 / an-bp
✨ accountability + rambling ✨

#14 jickmagger

jickmagger

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 2,010 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:06 AM

i tried doing that the other day but the sticker wasnt coming off right and i freaked out LOL

i usually just rip the sticker off, take a 78 cent bar of chocolate and put it under the item as i scan it

5'2"

hw- 129 lbs

cw-94-95 lbs

gw-82 lbs

PiFriendsGif.gif

#15 TeiKallistei

TeiKallistei

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:09 AM

Lolwut, that's genius. We don't have such high discounts though, and the product code is included in the discount code.

#16 dyingwillow

dyingwillow

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

I had to laugh...i have some reduced to clear labels sitting on the kitchen bench. One of our 2 super markets is very basic...so a bright green sticker and a $ value is all you need. They just make it too easy lol

#17 bobbie mcgee

bobbie mcgee

Omniscient

• Members
  • 5,163 posts
  • Locationin a lonely place

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

No.I used to shoplift when I was much younger.I stopped when I got caught and have never done it again.

Mind you,I'm not skint now like I was then,but even if I were,I don't think I could do that.

No binge January: red= fail,green= success.1 2 5 6 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

This quote is helping me to challenge my black and white mentality: "Saying 'Oh,I've ruined my good eating for today,I'll just binge now' is like saying 'Oh,I dropped my phone onto the ground,so I'll just smash it until it breaks,' "

Spoiler

#18 pogo

pogo

Omniscient

• Members
  • 7,503 posts
  • Locationplanet earth

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:26 PM

Just be careful, cuz Loss Prevention can still stop you for this. I understand you may be unable to afford food as well. (Heck when homeless ive got a huge fucking salad from the stores salad bar and rang it as bananas, we were desperate and needed food). So just be careful guys.
  • asortafairytale likes this

#19 BorderlineSkinny

BorderlineSkinny

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • Locationarkham asylum

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

i do lmao but i wouldn't change a 20$ price tag for 1.87 tho thats too obvious

I've been told the price was wrong several times and i always confront them about it bc where i live it's illegal for stores to advertise products for cheaper than they actually are and they usually don't care enough to continue arguing once you ask to talk to the manager lol 

I put the fun in funeral 

tumblr_nri99jZ8h11un9ehlo2_540.gif

Spoiler

#20 Vampire_Heart

Vampire_Heart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

I go through self checkout and enter my expensive fancy organic stuff as peasant cheap produce.

Organic grapes that are $6/lb? Yeah, these are 60 cent/lb Roma tomatoes now, bitch. I look to see what's on sale before checking out and enter those items in place of mine.

It's lower risk and the savings really add up over time. You can even enter organic as conventional produce if you don't want to feel like a huge thief.

I did this once buying Honeycrisp apples for Fuji price. After a few months an employee caught me some how =/ They just changed the price and I paid like $6 for apples

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users