About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Does anyone else do this (kinda shoplifting but not?)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 kidtrash

kidtrash

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

Yeah always. Also in self checkout I stack things on top of each other if I'm getting more than one of something so not only do I get the thing for cheap but I also get one free lmao

this is how i get most of my candy bars. or look slightly frazzled and scan items quickly with two hands but 'dont notice' that one item didnt scan as you put them into the bag at the same time. grocery stores in my area have weighted self-checkouts that can usually sense when an 'unexpected item' is placed in a bag so that dupes it (and the cameras) most of the time.

I'm 18

singular they pronouns please

EcrAShf.png

#22 cloudycalling

cloudycalling

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

I go through self checkout and enter my expensive fancy organic stuff as peasant cheap produce.

Organic grapes that are $6/lb? Yeah, these are 60 cent/lb Roma tomatoes now, bitch. I look to see what's on sale before checking out and enter those items in place of mine.

It's lower risk and the savings really add up over time. You can even enter organic as conventional produce if you don't want to feel like a huge thief.

Super guilty of doing this but marking apples as onions, haha. Not organic though, but, yeah. 

• Isthisthereallife likes this

umbreon.gif

tumblr_m3xxzsmjR81rodiav.giftumblr_m3xxzsmjR81rodiav.gif

tumblr thought dump

in recovery, working through my shit

and taking each day as it comes

#23 Saint Bowie

Saint Bowie

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:50 PM

does it ring up for $1.87 or do you have to talk to an employee for it to go through?

Yep it rings up as $1.87. Just stick the barcode onto the expensive thing and scan it at the checkout

5'4"

hbmi: 23.15

cbmi: 17.36

gbmi: 15.24

instagram: @saint.bowie

200.gif

e137b9c55ec835c2ab8dc02f6332ca76.gif

#24 Saint Bowie

Saint Bowie

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

Lolwut, that's genius. We don't have such high discounts though, and the product code is included in the discount code.

Neither do we. Australia is very expensive. The trick is to find something like bread, etc. that was cheap to begin with. And yes, it will ring up as bread or whatever at the checkout, so you need to be quick
  • bobbie mcgee likes this

5'4"

200.gif

#25 bobbie mcgee

bobbie mcgee

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts
  • Locationin a lonely place

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

Neither do we. Australia is very expensive. The trick is to find something like bread, etc. that was cheap to begin with. And yes, it will ring up as bread or whatever at the checkout, so you need to be quick

Just curious,but why is food very expensive in Australia?

No binge January: red= fail,green= success.1 2 5 6 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

This quote is helping me to challenge my black and white mentality: "Saying 'Oh,I've ruined my good eating for today,I'll just binge now' is like saying 'Oh,I dropped my phone onto the ground,so I'll just smash it until it breaks,' "

Spoiler

#26 dyingwillow

dyingwillow

Sage

• Members
  • 994 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

Pretty sure food here in NZ is similar price wise to our friends over the ditch. It pisses me off as we have a great temperate climate for fruits and veges and then a booming meat and dairy industry. Unfortunatly a lot of our stuff is exported to the likes of china because of the current market price.

The part that pisses me off is we have an ever growing diabetes and obesity problem and the ammount of cheap processed shit at the shops is only contributing. Then theres the education system, our kids are growing up not even being able to recognise fruits and veges, let alone how to cook from scratch...but i can guarantee they know what every item is at a fast food joint.

Anyway...none of the above is related to anything in this topic, just my wee rant about food prices depending on choices!!

• GreenTea23, Isthisthereallife and Saint Bowie like this

#27 second best

second best

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts
  • Locationunder your stairs

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

That's not "kinda shoplifting," it is shoplifting. I'm not passing a judgment on this one, but at least be honest with yourself.
  • kidtrash, Size Asian and thylacine like this

#28 Saint Bowie

Saint Bowie

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

Just curious,but why is food very expensive in Australia?

I don't know, to be honest. Everything here is really expensive, I think it's because of import costs and we don't have the massive wheat/corn subsidies like America.

5'4"

200.gif

#29 thylacine

thylacine

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:06 PM

Nah, I do ring up organic produce as regular sometimes though.

#30 slimdown_pls

slimdown_pls

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:39 AM

Problems if they're ones that weight shit though
Hey yo tony where'd you get that fresh pepperoni

~oh god I need a life~

#31 taijas

taijas

Sage

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:07 AM

Yes I do this.

#32 bonusyea

bonusyea

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationcandyland

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:28 AM

lol youd be surprised at what loss prevention knows. i used to do that for a bigger retail store where youd think you would blend into a crowd.

• asortafairytale likes this

5'4"

HW-225 LW-88 CW- 150 140.4 139 137.6 136.6 135.2

70e1028609940e9fe989f9d818c47727.gif

#33 Lukky

Lukky

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:39 AM

some things scan a percentage discount or just say "bakery markdown" fx.  but others will state the item on the discounted code and register. just be careful

#34 asortafairytale

asortafairytale

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

i think there was a poll done in the UK once that revealed that like 75% of people had used self-serve checkouts to steal, but when you are bulimic it's easy to get carried away. I.e. in my case having whole bagfuls of unpaid-for food  :unsure: . & yeah it's a bitch when you take expensive items their intending to steal and have a particularly attentive or suspicious employee that hovers around you meaning you then have to pay for those items. In one store they actually started prohibiting me from using self serves, telling me "you know why."  :mellow:  :ph34r:

21nduz4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users