About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Fasting day 8 - Don't feel like I've lost?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 natalilou

natalilou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:26 PM

I haven't weighed myself at all since I started fasting 8 days ago. I guess I'm scared im not losing? When I look in the mirror I don't see change, but other people do.

Does anyone else have the same fears?
  • dyingfor_bones likes this

#2 Guest_RhiFCC_*

Guest_RhiFCC_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

Yes!! I've been fasting and feel like my body's staying the same...maybe weighing would help? My scales say I've lost weight which is reassuring when I can't see it, I just think sometimes it takes the body a while to look any different. 

• Remmy and natalilou like this

#3 Shay7227

Shay7227

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:21 PM

When you fast you lose muscle before fat because it has more nutrition to help you stay upright. So fat lose wouldn't come into play until you have been fasting for around two weeks.

#4 Guest_TinyDory_*

Guest_TinyDory_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

What the person above me says (shay7227) is bullshit..

It's impossible you haven't lost weight. and some (not all) of that weight is fat. The other part is food/water weight and maybe a tiny bit of muscle.
Your body stores fat so it can use it for energy in case of famine. No way it will work its way through muscle first.

I'm sorry you can't see your weight loss. But I definitely would trust the people who say you have.
Please be careful and break your fast if your body tells you to!!

#5 Total Control

Total Control

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

Experienced faster here to tell you what user Shay said is bull****

I don't know where they got their information but it's pitifully misinformed

Dual Degree in business + psychology // Minimalist // Coffee snob // NPD (look it up) // Control freak

Height: 176 cm

Weight: no scale available. ~70 kg

Goal 1: 65 kg

Goal 2: 60 kg

Goal 3: 55 kg

Tumblr: sapphic-heaux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users