About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Delete

Binge and purge Purge Binge Bulimia Help Tips

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Painlessindenial

Painlessindenial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

Delete

#2 Dinkleberg

Dinkleberg

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationThneedville

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

don't go down this path. it seriously fucks you up and you'll never truly be able to recover. there are so many dangers when it comes to this stuff you need to rethink what you're trying to do and seek help. don't follow us it's not worth it. 

sticker,375x360.png

#3 endlessnight

endlessnight

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Locationthe place the rest of the world hates

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:23 PM

You really won't get any helpful answers here.

Some people are able to, some people aren't. It's not something that can really be taught.

All I can say is if you are determined and going to try anyways, don't use any sort of utensil like a toothbrush or something. As you can see from the blood, it's not very safe, and if it ends up breaking you are going to have a hell of a night. 

Obsession is the opposite of love.

#4 lucie ♡

lucie ♡

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

there's really no advice to be given based on what you've said--not that i'd want to give advice in any case. purging fucking sucks. i hate it, i hate that it's a habit. i hate how gross i feel every time i binge and purge. it's not something you want to start doing. i'm sorry that you're wanting to start trying. though, really, if it's hard for you to do... then maybe that's a sign you should stop. you can hunt around this forum for 'tipz'n'trickz, but i don't think you'll get the answers you want on this thread.

• Mxtanoia and Etheribbrat like this
pHqU6wE.gif
LUcfrqf.gif
 five three  twenty  agender 

SW: 178
CW: idfk
UGW: 100 (Maintain at 100-105)
LUcfrqf.gif

#5 bobbie mcgee

bobbie mcgee

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts
  • Locationin a lonely place

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

No way.

Consider yourself lucky.

It's not just offensive for those trying to recover,it's just plain offensive.

You might as well be asking:'show me how to make deeper cuts when I self harm'...that's how crazy it sounds.

Take a step back and really think about what you're asking.

• Pussy Willow likes this

No binge January: red= fail,green= success.1 2 5 6 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

This quote is helping me to challenge my black and white mentality: "Saying 'Oh,I've ruined my good eating for today,I'll just binge now' is like saying 'Oh,I dropped my phone onto the ground,so I'll just smash it until it breaks,' "

Spoiler

#6 Kalan

Kalan

Omniscient

• Members
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

People on MPA don't teach ED behaviours directly if requested. If you already have them, they might give you advice on how to do it more safely.

• lucie ♡ likes this

42 in August

70, 69, 68, 67, 66, 65, 64, 63, 62, 61
60, 59, 58, 57, 56, 55, 54, 53, 52, 51
50, 49, 48, 47, 46, 45, 43, 42

#7 lilfurbal

lilfurbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationis somewhere neither here nor there

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

Noooooooooo. Please....Run. ...In the opposite direction while you still can. :wacko:

#8 LavenderGirl

LavenderGirl

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

this is offensive to everyone with bulimia, not just those who have recovered or are trying to. Please dont get yourself into this, nobody on here is going to teach you how to purge, its just wrong. just dont do it

~5'7.5~

Cw: 113.2 BMI-17.3

Hw:130 BMI-20.0

Lw:106 BMI-16.3

Ugw:93 BMI-14.3

130, 129, 128, 127, 126, 125, 124, 123, 122, 121, 120,

119, 118, 117, 116, 115, 114, 113, 112, 111, 110, 109, 108, 107, 106, 105, 104, 103, 102, 101, 100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_b6zvvd6jrm04

#9 AlabasterJones

AlabasterJones

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:42 PM

Whether we want to admit it or not, this illness is killing us so basically what you are asking us is if we can help you kill yourself.

#10 Painlessindenial

Painlessindenial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:19 PM

I'll delete this then.
I'm anorexic so when I have a "binge" fit, it bothers me so much and I just want it to go away instead of always taking laxatives or just crying in pain until I sleep.
I didn't mean to be offensive, I was asking. Because people always ask me "well how do you starve??" And how to hide not eating all the time, and I don't get mad really. Every time people reply like this, it's super confusing. Because I see posts that "ask for help" to do all these shitty things all the time but this one's bad because I'm like "killing myself"
Well I already basically am.
But sorry, wont happen again
  • bobbie mcgee likes this

#11 MindreAna

MindreAna

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

Just don't do it. In my opinion the purging feels so much worse than starving.

#12 BorderlineSkinny

BorderlineSkinny

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  • Locationarkham asylum

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

lucky you, it aint for everyone

I put the fun in funeral 

tumblr_nri99jZ8h11un9ehlo2_540.gif

Spoiler

#13 bobbie mcgee

bobbie mcgee

Omniscient

• Members
  • 5,157 posts
  • Locationin a lonely place

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

I'll delete this then.
I'm anorexic so when I have a "binge" fit, it bothers me so much and I just want it to go away instead of always taking laxatives or just crying in pain until I sleep.
I didn't mean to be offensive, I was asking. Because people always ask me "well how do you starve??" And how to hide not eating all the time, and I don't get mad really. Every time people reply like this, it's super confusing. Because I see posts that "ask for help" to do all these shitty things all the time but this one's bad because I'm like "killing myself"

I'm sorry.

Some people just can't you know.

No binge January: red= fail,green= success.1 2 5 6 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

This quote is helping me to challenge my black and white mentality: "Saying 'Oh,I've ruined my good eating for today,I'll just binge now' is like saying 'Oh,I dropped my phone onto the ground,so I'll just smash it until it breaks,' "

Spoiler

#14 Come-Away-O-Human-Child

Come-Away-O-Human-Child

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

I'll delete this then.

I know what you are going for with this post, and I personally don't find it offensive, but from what you said it sounds like you are just not able to purge.
It sounds like the fingers don't work for you, the toothbrush is causing a lot of damage, and a lot of bulimics have good control over their stomach muscles, which can't really be taught.
We all walk a dangerous line, both Ana's and Mia's, but not everyone is able to purge, and we don't want you to hurt yourself <3

Be Kind, Stay Beautiful

Bulimia is a speeding train with no brakes, bingeing and purging and bingeing and purging no matter how broken you are, or how disgusting the food becomes, or how lost you feel. Its gorging until you can barely stand, and then puking until it hurts and you see blood. And the city around you could be burning to the ground and when it was over you’d still be standing there, in the ashes, bingeing and purging.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Binge and purge, Purge, Binge, Bulimia, Help, Tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users