About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

IIFYM

iifymmacros macro tracking health

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_thatvoiceinmyhead_*

Guest_thatvoiceinmyhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

I'm not looking into it for weight loss reasons bc I'm already losing with the amount of calories I'm eating, but I want to lose/restrict in a "healthier" way and I have noticed that my macros are really unbalanced? 

For those of you who don't know IIFYM is a 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat plan and apparently that's supposed to be optimal for fat loss and muscle growth. 

If anyone has done this, how did it work? 

#2 thylacine

thylacine

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:03 PM

I'm not looking into it for weight loss reasons bc I'm already losing with the amount of calories I'm eating, but I want to lose/restrict in a "healthier" way and I have noticed that my macros are really unbalanced? 

For those of you who don't know IIFYM is a 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat plan and apparently that's supposed to be optimal for fat loss and muscle growth. 

If anyone has done this, how did it work? 

I did it for a long time. It was pretty good, but I wasn't necessarily trying to lose weight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iifymmacros, macro tracking, health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users