About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Weight gain!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 *heyfattybumbum*

*heyfattybumbum*

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

I'm only between 10 and 13 weeks (not had a scan to date officially yet, but an early scan without the high tech equipment at docs estimates I'm 10, periods say 13) but I've put on so much weight! I'm actually crying! Why?? Yes I know I'm pregnant but most only put on a few pounds or even lose in first trimester! I am freakibg out! None of my clothes fit!!

How much did you gain? All I can think is that after all these years of restricting, by eating normally the last 5 weeks has caused my body to store every gram of fat!

Any 'diet' plans which are healthy to follow would be greatly appreciated!!
This shit been going on too long...change from restricting to purging, purging to binging (pregnancy) and over again 3 times
Since being here 205 sw because of pregnancy.... Joys of ed's (sarcasm)
Ocw 140
OCw 129
Cw 105
Gw 100
Ugw 85

This is killing me slowly from inside but I am loving the ride! One day I will reach my ugw.... May be when I am 90 but I WILL get there

#2 chikn_hawk

chikn_hawk

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

All I know is that in your 2nd trimester you're recommended to eat 300-350 more calories (in addition to your TDEE) and by your 3rd it can be as much as 500 calories.

I mean they say you wouldn't need to gain any more than 5 pounds in the first trimester, but then you're expected to gain 1 pound a week for the remainder of your pregnancy. Honestly that seems like a lot, since my (non disordered yet petite) sister only put on 15-20 pounds during her last 2 pregnancies and had perfectly healthy babies.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
  • *heyfattybumbum* likes this

#3 vodkaandcollarbones

vodkaandcollarbones

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

Water and food weight will be factors. If you've been restricting, you will automatically gain some water and food weight. Pregnancy also tends to slow down your digestive system so you're more prone to constipation, which leads to even more extra weight. My weight was all over the place until about 16 weeks. I would gain/lose about 15 pounds in water/food/waste.

As far as diet plans, try to eat at maintnence for the first trimester. You shouldn't be trying to lose unless you're overweight or obese and your doctor clears it.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • *heyfattybumbum* likes this

my fitness pal

Stats

Spoiler

trying to maintain a healthy calorie intake until I give birth

then it's on

again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users