PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

Chocolate mono diet?

Mono

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 HipB0n3s

HipB0n3s

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

I'm starting a chocolate mono tomorrow with Galaxy chocolate and I was wondering how many grams of chocolate should I eat? I'm really scared of other calories. :/
I have a BMI of about 23 (huge I know).
Also, would jelly be good to eat when coming off the mono? The sugar free, low calorie ones?

Thanks guys. :)
  • leanax likes this

#2 HipB0n3s

HipB0n3s

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

*the calories :)

#3 Reddon

Reddon

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

Grams of chocolate to eat while on a chocolate mono diet: 0g

Things to eat after coming off a chocolate mono diet: Same as always, because you should not do a chocolate mono diet

Guide to doing a chocolate mono diet: Don't

• Elka and DandelionWeed like this

1gUa9bK.gif

Too crazy to recover. As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, because evil never lives in those kind of places; it leaves you alone as long as you stay there, but as soon as you want to move on, to rise up and escape the valley, it traps you and pushes you down.

The victim of a slow, purposeful erasure.

16/m/Hell

Ask for my stats and I'll punch you in the face.

#4 HipB0n3s

HipB0n3s

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

Grams of chocolate to eat while on a chocolate mono diet: 0g
Things to eat after coming off a chocolate mono diet: Same as always, because you should not do a chocolate mono diet
Guide to doing a chocolate mono diet: Don't

Why not?

#5 Enigma18

Enigma18

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

Sorry, but whats a chocolate mono diet? Sounds too good to be true. I was a chocolate addict i would binge on chocs just after dinner (thats really bad IKR) but now chocolates are my enemy after i saw how much weight i could lose by NOT eating chocolates and exercising.

HT: 167cm (5'5")

HW:  115 (Jan 20)

CW1: 110 (Jan 30)

CW2: 106.5 (Feb 15)

CW3: 101 lbs (Mar 15)

CW: 100.5 (Still F.A.T.)

GW1:   98 lbs

UGW:   88 lbs

~ PROCRESCOPHOBIA ~

"The Fear of Gaining Weight"

#6 Reddon

Reddon

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

Why not?

Because it's about the worst diet possible. You're eating incredibly high amounts of sugar, fat, caffeine, and various chemicals. Everyone I know who's done it had a godawful result, varying from 'natural weight fluctuation, but no actual loss' to 'experiencing heart attack symptoms on the first day'.

1gUa9bK.gif

Too crazy to recover. As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, because evil never lives in those kind of places; it leaves you alone as long as you stay there, but as soon as you want to move on, to rise up and escape the valley, it traps you and pushes you down.

The victim of a slow, purposeful erasure.

16/m/Hell

Ask for my stats and I'll punch you in the face.

#7 HipB0n3s

HipB0n3s

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

Because it's about the worst diet possible. You're eating incredibly high amounts of sugar, fat, caffeine, and various chemicals. Everyone I know who's done it had a godawful result, varying from 'natural weight fluctuation, but no actual loss' to 'experiencing heart attack symptoms on the first day'.

Hmmm.. Maybe I'll reconsider :/
  • Reddon likes this

#8 HipB0n3s

HipB0n3s

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:41 AM

Sorry, but whats a chocolate mono diet? Sounds too good to be true. I was a chocolate addict i would binge on chocs just after dinner (thats really bad IKR) but now chocolates are my enemy after i saw how much weight i could lose by NOT eating chocolates and exercising.

When you just eat chocolate and nothing else. I always have problem with binging on chocolate too so I was kind of hoping it would make me sick of chocolate aswell as lose a few pounds. It does sound a bit good to be true though so I'm not really sure.
  • Enigma18 likes this

#9 Elka

Elka

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

Literally I lost more weight eating 3 meals a day 

Waste of a time, money, and a day that could have been dedicated to loosing weight instead of feeling like you want to die and eat vegetables. I got like 100grams in and was like what the fuck am I doing.

Try it if you're having major sugar cravings. Other than that there's literally no point. 

HEIGHT: 5'5

CW: 103lbs

UGW: 75lbs 

#10 Alice In Wonderland

Alice In Wonderland

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMad Hatters Tea Party

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

I'll just put on the other side of the coin that a lot of girls do it and lose weight, admittedly some dont - it varies depending on the person, but if it works for you, you can lose up to 2lbs a day, I'm unsure as to whether it's water, muscle fat whatever but you do lose weight of some sort

Apparently eating up to 400g for your BMI will be okay, as above have said though, it's not a pleasant experience, but if you can handle it then it might work :) best of luck whatever you decide <3

'HE SAID ONE DAY YOU'LL LEAVE THIS WORLD BEHIND.

SO LIVE A LIFE YOU WILL REMEMBER.'

◢◤

Recovering

tumblr_n9mzabrzgq1r1thdeo1_250.gif

#11 leanax

leanax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

I started it yesterday out of curiosity! I ate milk and white chocolate just plain so no biscuit or caramel etc and I ate loads of it. I wouldn't even worry about how many grams your eating. By 8pm last night I felt sick and fed up of choclate I was also about 100 percent sure I had gained but I got on my scales this morning and I had dropped 2lbs!! Sooo ive continued it today. Ive ate loads of it again and I must admit it has its pros and cons. Pros - I feel happy and full lf energy. Cons - I feel sick, fed up of chocolate and I really want a salad. Give it ago! It worked for me. Ill see what scales say tomorrow, either way today's ny last day of chocolate.

height: 5'2

pepsi max addict

horse lover

LDR obsessed

cw: 112

lw:95

hw: 140

ugw:  98

:wub:....... :wub:

#12 leanax

leanax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

I'm starting a chocolate mono tomorrow with Galaxy chocolate and I was wondering how many grams of chocolate should I eat? I'm really scared of other calories. :/
I have a BMI of about 23 (huge I know).
Also, would jelly be good to eat when coming off the mono? The sugar free, low calorie ones?

Thanks guys. :)

Give it ago :) I was on less than 400 calories a day and stuck on a major plateau. Yesterday was the first day I lost in ages

height: 5'2

pepsi max addict

horse lover

LDR obsessed

cw: 112

lw:95

hw: 140

ugw:  98

:wub:....... :wub:

#13 YouCan'tWashOutGhost

YouCan'tWashOutGhost

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

I did a 2 day chocolate mono. Lost about 2.5lbs during just those 2 days. (BMI of 20.4 at the start)
However, I felt so sick by the end of the second day. I ate ~400g of chocolate each day, just milk chocolate on the first day, then a mix of dark, milk and orange flavoured on the second day. I drank 2-3 litres of water a day. I had this horrible curdled milk flavour on my mouth by the end of the second day that made me gag.
I came off it with a fruit salad and sugar free jelly. Then I binged on pizza cause I'm a fucking failure.
  • DragonQueen1497 likes this

'And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones.

Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs.'

Age - 17

Height - 5'5

HW (Pre-ED) - 168lbs

HW (Recovery) - 132lbs

LW (Pre- Recovery) - 105.6lbs

LW (Relapse) - 117.4lbs

CW - 125.8lbs

UGW - 91lbs

'Setting fire to our insides for fun,

To distract our hearts from ever missing them.'

WEIGHTS GOALS

132 / 131 / 130 / 129 / 128 / 127 / 126 / 125 / 124 / 123

122 / 121 / 120 / 119 / 118 / 117 / 116 / 115 / 114 / 113

112 / 111 / 110 / 109 / 108 / 107 / 106 / 105 / 104 / 103

102 / 101 / 100 / 99 / 98 / 97 / 96 / 95 / 94 / 93 / 92

★  ✿   91    ✿ ✩ ★ 

(Previously SunshineAndGunpowder)

'But I'm forever missing him.'

★  ✿  ♥    ✿ ✩ ★ ★  ✿  ♥    ✿ ✩ ★ ★  ✿  ♥    ✿ ✩ ★ ★  ✿  ♥    ✿ ✩ 

You could come and save me and try to chase the crazy right out of my head.

I'm out on the edge and I'm screaming my name like a fool at the top of my lungs.

Sometimes when I close my eyes I pretend I'm alright but it's never enough.

★  ✿  ♥    ✿ ✩ ★ ★  ✿  ♥    ✿ ✩ ★ ★  ✿  ♥    ✿ ✩ ★ ★  ✿  ♥    ✿ ✩ 

#14 HipB0n3s

HipB0n3s

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Thanks everyone, thinking of doing 1 day and seeing how it goes then. :) From what everyone is saying I don't think I'll make it to the second day but it's worth a shot. :) Thank you!

#15 HipB0n3s

HipB0n3s

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

I did a 2 day chocolate mono. Lost about 2.5lbs during just those 2 days. (BMI of 20.4 at the start)
However, I felt so sick by the end of the second day. I ate ~400g of chocolate each day, just milk chocolate on the first day, then a mix of dark, milk and orange flavoured on the second day. I drank 2-3 litres of water a day. I had this horrible curdled milk flavour on my mouth by the end of the second day that made me gag.
I came off it with a fruit salad and sugar free jelly. Then I binged on pizza cause I'm a fucking failure.

You're not a failure, everything can be fixed you just have to move on from it and get back on track :)
  • YouCan'tWashOutGhost likes this

#16 herointhin

herointhin

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

Let your weight define you and your mood. Stay strong.

H: 6'0"
LW: 48 KG
HW: 78 KG

CW: 63 KG

57 KG 2/9/2014

GW: 55 KG
GW 2: 50 KG

UGW: 40 KG

Previously 'cigarettethin'

#17 laurenicole1998

laurenicole1998

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

I did it once and ate 500 grams and lost 2 pounds in one day :D My BMI is greater than urs tho

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mono

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users