PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

The eraser challenge *Possible TW*

Selfharm idiots eraser challenge

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ana In Wonderland

Ana In Wonderland

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

Quick overview of the eraser challenge:
You rub an eraser super fast over your hand or wherever on your skin and after getting a few layers of skin off you put hand sanitizer on the wound to make it burn.

Slight rant.
The fact that people are doing this for fun just pisses me off. First of all, people actually use erasers to self harm but these idiots are showing off these eraser burns like its a prized possession. I find it so idiotic that people just do it because it's "fun". After seeing a bunch of people doing the challenge I flipped out and relapsed :/ When I confronted a friend who had done it, and told her that it was technically a form of selfharm she laughed at me and ignored me. When people are so ignorant to how others can feel it just annoys the hell out of me. What are your guys' views on the challenge?
  • Hysteria likes this
HW: 110
CW:108.5
GW1: 100
GW2: 95
UGW: 90

Selfharm alternatives
http://chooserecover...om/alternatives

Caring for cuts/burns
http://chooserecover...m/care#cut_care

Need to talk?
http://chooserecover...lr.com/Websites

Recuerde: tú erés muy importante

#2 Guest_fovika_*

Guest_fovika_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

Sounds like a lot of challenges that I've seen people do. There was one where you had to staple your arm... My friend won it.. He also won one that was about snorting eraser "dust". Try not to take it to heart, there are a lot of weird challenges out there, and they have to have come from somewhere. My theory is that this one is most likely a selfharmer that got caught and pawned it off as a challenge.

#3 Ana In Wonderland

Ana In Wonderland

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Staple your arm? I swear these challenges will kill somebody when some kid takes it too far.
HW: 110
CW:108.5
GW1: 100
GW2: 95
UGW: 90

Selfharm alternatives
http://chooserecover...om/alternatives

Caring for cuts/burns
http://chooserecover...m/care#cut_care

Need to talk?
http://chooserecover...lr.com/Websites

Recuerde: tú erés muy importante

#4 Magg

Magg

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

I've done it with my friends when I was like 8 or 9. When my parents saw that I had a huge crape they wanted to kill me. We where so stupid at that time. 

CW: 41.1 kilos
GW1: 42 kilos (reached)
GW2: 40 kilos (getting my hair done)
GW3: 38 kilos (make-up/accesories)
GW4: 36 kilos (new wardrobe)
UGW: Nothing will be good enough for me.

#5 Xme

Xme

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Sounds like a lot of challenges that I've seen people do. There was one where you had to staple your arm... My friend won it.. He also won one that was about snorting eraser "dust". Try not to take it to heart, there are a lot of weird challenges out there, and they have to have come from somewhere. My theory is that this one is most likely a selfharmer that got caught and pawned it off as a challenge.

Some people are weird. Why making that a challenge o.O

58 kg   -  CW: 58.3 kg (bmi 19.9)  -  52 kg - 50 kg - UGW: 48 kg (bmi 16.4)

In recovery for over a year... but I just can not let go. 

tumblr_n04p2wZxXx1tp63gno1_500.gif

#6 Guest_thisismee_*

Guest_thisismee_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

My friend nailed his finger once as a challenge I mean a actual metal nail. Another stapled his together. It's like penny burns remember when that was popular. Yes it's stupid but what we gonna do? Kids will be kids.

#7 2thinxx

2thinxx

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of..I take that back, this is one of the dumbest things I've heard of. My question is just why? What would posses one to think that this is a good idea? For people that SH it's understandable, but for normal people to do this really?

#8 Guest_Frankieluv_*

Guest_Frankieluv_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Reminds me of the "salt and ice challenge". Some of the kids at the residential place I stayed at were doing it. It made me so mad. I tried to get them to stop because it was so triggering but they told me to calm down. "It's just a game". Seriously though- you are hurting yourselves! In a psychiatric hospital! Stop!

#9 Sweet Psychopath

Sweet Psychopath

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

They think that's super hardcore and cool. God damn it, this shit is seriously dangerous.
  • ScarletReed likes this

#10 Guest_N00001_*

Guest_N00001_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

#11 lipstickandbones

lipstickandbones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

I hate it but yet I love it because I could do it when everyone else was & get away with it & not have it seem like I'm self harming but for just a trend that was going around my school. 

HW: 190lbs

LW:150lbs

CW:180lbs

GW1:150lbs

GW2:130lbs

GW3:110lbs

UGW:100lbs

tumblr_mzkb4tHMNC1scso0ho1_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Selfharm, idiots, eraser, challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users