About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

MODIFIED/EXTENDED HSGD ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD - (High BFP/BMI & Photos)

Ana Binge Purge HSGD Anorexia Relapse SGD Modified HSGD accountability restricting

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#1 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

MODIFIED EXTENDED SKINNY GIRL DIET - Starting 1/27/17 - Anorexia w/ Binge/Purge Subtype Relapse

For a period of 8 years I struggled with Anorexia with Binge/Purge cycles several times a week (2005-2013). I would purge by over exercising, taking fiber and laxative supplements, fasting, carb blockers, water pills, and diet pills. I managed to get down to 105 lbs on 5'7" frame. I was in recovery for the last 2 years (2013-2014), but then I ballooned up to 185.6 lbs.

I began to restrict slowly, late 2015-present. I am now down to 148 lbs and I plan on embarking on the extended Healthy Skinny Girl Diet with some modifications. Support and accountability with this diet would be greatly appreciated as I go on this journey. Also, anyone is welcome to join me! :D I will update progress daily.

UPDATE - 02/08/2017: Thread title changed to: "MODIFIED/EXTENDED HSGD ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD - (High BFP/BMI & Photos)." I am making this a thread for anyone with a high body fat percentage or BMI on a modified/extended HSGD that needs support, accountability, and a safe place in the community <3

STATS:

H: 5'7"
HW: 185.6 Lbs
LW: 105 Lbs
CW: 148 Lbs
Body Fat Percentage: 32%

GOALS:

1st GW: 135
2nd GW: 125
3rd GW: 115
4th GW: 110
5th GW: To be determined..

RULES:
•Do not count fruits and veggies.
•You can eat whatever you want, as long as you stay under your limit.
•Holidays/Celebrations (Halloween, Birthdays, ect) are free days. You may have up to 2,000 calories.
•Work out 3-6 times a week, 30 minutes each. Calories burned subtract from calories eaten. So if you burn 200 calories but you've eaten 800, your net will be 600 and you can eat 200 more if you like.

MODIFICATIONS:
•Starchy vegetables - potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, beans, and lentils will count towards daily calorie goal.
•Use MyFitnessPal app to track calories and micronutrients.
•Daily women's multi, potassium, magnesium, and calcium supplements.
•800 calorie days will be 1,000 calorie days (this will change after one cycle of the diet).

Lastly, I always drink water throughout the day, but I just will not be logging it for now.

Attached File  hskd.png   268.1KB   30 downloadsAttached File  20170128_111953-1-1.jpg   892.28KB   29 downloadsAttached File  hskd.png   268.1KB   30 downloads
  • truthfully likes this

Current Diet: MODIFIED EXTENDED HSGD (High BFP/BMI & Photos) - Started 1/27/17 - Anorexia w/ Binge/Purge Subtype Relapse

Progress & Accountability: http://www.myproana....igh-bmi-photos/

STATS:

SW: 148 Lbs

CW: 145 Lbs

BFP: 32%

BMI: 22.7

GOALS:

1st GW: 140

2nd GW: 130

3rd GW: 120

5th GW:105

#2 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

Day 1

Breakfast: 

Coffee with natural creamer and whole milk - 95

1 small packet Justin's Natural Peanut Butter - 85

1/2 Grapefruit - 53

(233 total)

Lunch:

1/2 pumpkin pie Quest bar - 110

1 large raw carrot -  30

2.8 Tbs sour cream with dried no salt seasoning - 84

1/2 cup natural apple pie filling - 85

(309)

Dinner:

1/2 pumpkin pie Quest bar - 110

1/2 Small jar baby food pasta and chicken - 30

White cheddar cheese crackers reduced fat - 260

(401)

Total Calories: 943/900

I was over by 43 calories  <_<

Current Diet: MODIFIED EXTENDED HSGD (High BFP/BMI & Photos) - Started 1/27/17 - Anorexia w/ Binge/Purge Subtype Relapse

STATS:

GOALS:

#3 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:07 AM

Day 2

Since I modified the Extended HSGD, 800 calorie days will be 1,000 calorie days. I need the extra energy during the day. But with that being said, my 1,000 calorie goal today totally went out the window. I ended up binging on EVERYTHING today. Chocolate cake, truffle fries, ice cream, mashed potatoes with cheese, nachos, key lime pie, and graham cracker pb sandwiches. Absolutely horrific. I lost complete control on a calorie goal that was so easy to achieve. I think my moon cycle coming on paired with heavy restriction before I started this diet had something to do with it. I am going to do a liquid fast tomorrow as well as a high intensity cardio sesh. UGH.  :angry:

STATS:

GOALS:

#4 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

Day 3

I started out today with intentions of doing a liquid fast but by the late afternoon I did not have the energy needed. Therefore, I decided that half days worth of a liquid fast was good enough for me and I went back to the extended HSGD to give me a little pep in my step. I managed to hit my target of 900 calories and did just fine. So I am very happy about that!  :D

On a side note, I took my bc pill late this week and now I have breakthrough bleeding that started 4 days before my actual period. A week and 3 days of hormonal cravings is going to be a real challenge for me. As you can see, I am already eating an insane amount of sweets and carbs. I need to try to eat cleaner for the rest of the week with one treat instead of several. I also plan on not weighing myself again until my period is over. I gain so much in water weight each moon cycle that I am not going to even going to torture myself by looking at the number on the scale. But overall, I am happy with today  ^_^

Breakfast: 

Vitafusion gummy vitamin - 15

(110 total)

Lunch:

Nothing but water

(0)

Dinner:

Fiber One supplement chocolate chip cookie - 110

Acai Rusk - 20

1 1/2 slices of Thin crust delite cheese pizza - 288

(420)

Snack:

3 Townhouse crackers - 70

Cookies and cream pie slice frozen - 300

Diet Chinese slimming tea - 0

(370)

Total Calories: 900/900

STATS:

GOALS:

#5 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:55 PM

Day 4

I ate a mixture of strange things today. Breakfast was good and healthy but by the time lunch and snack time rolled around I began grazing. I am craving lots of carbs with my moon cycle, so I made a point to go to the store to buy lots of veggies and healthy items today. I wasn't too thrilled in retrospect eating pizza and mac n cheese on the same day, but at least I stayed within my calorie allotment for the day. I need to do better by eating healthy and clean the next week or so, but I am happy overall with today  ^_^ I do however have a horrible migraine right now and I am getting the urge to eat more food to help it go away, so I hope I can fight the cravings for the remainder of the night. :unsure: 

Breakfast: 

Coffee with natural creamer and whole milk - 100

1 Tbs Natural Peanut Butter - 105

Graham crackers - 150

(355 total)

Lunch:

1/4 cup Chicken and Pasta - 43

Sour cream - 36

Fiber One Double Chocolate Chip Cookie - 120

Coffee with milk and creamer - 73

Dash Sriracha hot sauce - 2

(275 total)

Dinner:

Mac and Cheese with egg - 190

Corn and peas - 107

(297)

Snack:

0.4 slice cheese pizza - 103

Chocolate pudding - 96

(199)

Exercise:

2.36 mile walk - 203

Total Calories: (1,126-203) = 923/1000*

*Decided to eat 77 worth of calories in another Fiber One Cookie while writing this. So, 1000/1000  :P

STATS:

GOALS:

#6 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:57 PM

Day 5

I definitely felt like I was lagging in energy again today. Even on my walk this afternoon I really had to push it and when I got home my side started to hurt. It feels crampy and won't go away. I am going to start taking my magnesium supplements again as my body clearly needs them. Today I went over 9 calories, which I can easily correct doing a simple exercise or just merely breathing as I am so below my caloric intake for my BMR. So overall, not a bad day at all.

Speaking of calories, back in the day when I was at my lightest weight I would get in the habit of sometimes eating naughty foods that I was craving and spitting them out in the trash without swallowing. It's absolutely fucking horrible as children/adults are starving and here I am wasting perfectly good food. Now I know a fucking Twinkie isn't the healthiest of foods, but still, something that should not go to waste when a calorie is a calorie. In the moment it is pure ecstasy on my taste buds and I cannot stop chewing the food item up. But afterwords, I feel like such an asshole. My birthday is tomorrow which means it is a free calorie day or in my world a "free binge day." I am going to try to have some self control as I have been doing much better these last few days.

Breakfast: 

Hot rice cereal w/ pb- 225

Gummy multivitamin - 15

Calcium chew - 15

(350 total)

Lunch:

Meatless hard shelled tacos -210

(210 total)

Dinner:

Sauteed Brussel sprouts and onions in a cream sauce - 126

Shortbread cookies - 165

(291)

Snack:

Fiber One cheesecake salted caramel bar - 103

Butter crackers - 84

1 chocolate covered Twinkie (chewed and spit out) - 0

(234)

Exercise:

1.49 mile walk - 126

Total Calories: (1,085-126) = 959/950

STATS:

GOALS:

#7 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:46 AM

Day 6

I went into yesterday knowing I was going to end up binging as it was a celebration. But I also went into yesterday thinking I could also have self-control. The day started off great, I had a healthy homemade breakfast burrito and coffee. But then I indulged in 1 1/2 candy bars. I hit 800 calories by 9am which is just HUGE. Went for a long walk at the zoo before my celebratory birthday dinner and ended up burning 400+ calories. This would of been a great day if I would have just stopped there.

Dinner was at one of my favorite restaurants and I lost COMPLETE control. I gorged myself and my calorie count for the day hit 3,800 calories. After the rush, the nausea and anxiety set in. I wanted to throw up just from pure physical discomfort. I ate so much fucking food. I don't know how to stop myself when I get like this. Normal people seem to have no problem whatsoever eating a normal portion at this restaurant. Yet, there I was, shoveling food into my face like some kind animal. I had an amazing day, perfect birthday with family. But at the end of the day, I felt a juxtaposition of happiness and utter disgust with myself.

And btw, I have been up since 3am. Thirsty as hell, bloated from high salt intake, and energetic. I just cleaned the house for the last 2 hrs and 40 minutes to burn off some energy. I think today it's going to be a combo of a liquid fast and fruit to detox today. /exhuasted

STATS:

GOALS:

#8 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:35 AM

I am going to stick to the three major rules of the Extended HSGD diet with 3 simple modifications. You can see the updated "Rules and Modifications" in my first post of this thread to see what I changed. Yesterdays binge is a clear indication that I cannot be lax with this diet. This day forward is going to be some serious weight loss.

STATS:

GOALS:

#9 thinin2016

thinin2016

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

I am planning to start the unmodified extended HSGD on Monday from a high BMI as well. I guess I will post my own thread, but if you need a buddy, let me know! I have BED so I can related to that binging behavior and need all the help and support I can get!
  • IAmLordVoldemort and Her Perfection like this

From AN to BN and now BED

Just want to recover and get back in control and stop looking incredibly gross in the process

4'9" with a large, muscular frame

HW: 179

LW: 132 when "healthy" | 100-110 with AN

CW: 162

GW1: 129 (for now)

Binge-free days: 5

High BMI + Extended HSGD Accountability Thread 

#10 thinin2016

thinin2016

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:36 PM

Oh, I will also be counting fruits and veggies too!
  • Her Perfection likes this

Just want to recover and get back in control and stop looking incredibly gross in the process

#11 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:48 PM

I am planning to start the unmodified extended HSGD on Monday from a high BMI as well. I guess I will post my own thread, but if you need a buddy, let me know! I have BED so I can related to that binging behavior and need all the help and support I can get!

Awesome! Feel free to post here as well if that will help your accountability. I definitely need a buddy :) As when I binge my self-control goes out the window.
  • thinin2016 likes this

STATS:

GOALS:

#12 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

DAY 7

Today is an utter FAIL. I don't know what has gotten into me but the leftovers from last night tempted me. I was successfully fasting from 3am-9am, then before I knew it I was eating without any control. I took a carb-blocker to help remedy the situation. I told myself I was going to stop and did it again during lunch. After that, I made a strong cup of Chinese Herbal Slimming Tea, which made me feel better slightly as it will help clean me out. I feel completely disgusted in myself. I am done eating for today, for real.

Total Calories: 1415/1150

STATS:

GOALS:

#13 thinin2016

thinin2016

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

Awesome! Feel free to post here as well if that will help your accountability. I definitely need a buddy :) As when I binge my self-control goes out the window.

Oh great! If you don't mind me sort of "hijacking" your thread, I am definitely fine with coming in here, though I didn't know if it would be confusing for you since I would be on different days/calories. I definitely want to respect your space! Just let me know  :)

#14 thinin2016

thinin2016

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

DAY 7

Today is an utter FAIL. I don't know what has gotten into me but the leftovers from last night tempted me. I was successfully fasting from 3am-9am, then before I knew it I was eating without any control. I took a carb-blocker to help remedy the situation. I told myself I was going to stop and did it again during lunch. After that, I made a strong cup of Chinese Herbal Slimming Tea, which made me feel better slightly as it will help clean me out. I feel completely disgusted in myself. I am done eating for today, for real.

Total Calories: 1415/1150

I haven't started yet, but I told myself I would stick to 1200 calories today. And then, of course, my job is giving out free snacks. I stopped myself at one plate, but I have no idea what's in any of the stuff because it was homemade or how many calories, and I feel super gross. Don't consider it a fail though! You can easily work off those extra calories if you need to since you didn't go over by that much tbh, and for me exercising helps suppress my appetite at least for a few hours, so it works well to help me get through the night if I do it late enough (but not too late, or I can't sleep!).

What kind of carb blocker do you use? Is it really effective? I have been drinking dandelion root tea to help drop some water weight, which would probably help you, too! Oh, and I went to this essential oils class where the instructor told us a drop of lemon and fennel EOs in two separate cups of water helps boost your metabolism and kick sugar cravings. I don't have the fennel yet, but I'm gonna try the lemon out when I start on Monday and will let you know if it works. I'm desperate to stop these black-out binges.

#15 thinin2016

thinin2016

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Good afternoon! Hope you're doing well, Perfection!

After looking over the site some more, I think I am going to try the Mixed Skinny Diet instead and maybe I can maintain the loss with the HSGD?

#16 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

I haven't started yet, but I told myself I would stick to 1200 calories today. And then, of course, my job is giving out free snacks. I stopped myself at one plate, but I have no idea what's in any of the stuff because it was homemade or how many calories, and I feel super gross. Don't consider it a fail though! You can easily work off those extra calories if you need to since you didn't go over by that much tbh, and for me exercising helps suppress my appetite at least for a few hours, so it works well to help me get through the night if I do it late enough (but not too late, or I can't sleep!).

What kind of carb blocker do you use? Is it really effective? I have been drinking dandelion root tea to help drop some water weight, which would probably help you, too! Oh, and I went to this essential oils class where the instructor told us a drop of lemon and fennel EOs in two separate cups of water helps boost your metabolism and kick sugar cravings. I don't have the fennel yet, but I'm gonna try the lemon out when I start on Monday and will let you know if it works. I'm desperate to stop these black-out binges.

It is the worst when free food is present! Especially when it is all homemade items with unknown ingredients. I ended up going for a walk so that helped out a lot! Plus it was freezing out, so I am sure I burned more calories. Lucky! It always makes me hungry lol

The carb blockers are very effective. The brand I use you can get is called "Pharmapure: Slim-Down Weight Loss Program Sugar Blocker", but really you can use any brand so long as the main ingredient is white kidney bean extract. For some people they may experience minor tummy problems the first week but after that your system gets used to it.

Ooo, I have some dandelion tea at home! I will definitely try that, thank you! And I had no idea that those essential oils did that, cool info!

• thinin2016 likes this

STATS:

GOALS:

#17 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:56 PM

Good afternoon! Hope you're doing well, Perfection!

After looking over the site some more, I think I am going to try the Mixed Skinny Diet instead and maybe I can maintain the loss with the HSGD?

Hey! I have had better days but doing okay. Hope yours is going good! I haven't tried the Mixed Skinny Diet, but I say whatever works best for you :) Either way, I am here if you need a buddy!

• thinin2016 likes this

STATS:

GOALS:

#18 thinin2016

thinin2016

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

It is the worst when free food is present! Especially when it is all homemade items with unknown ingredients. I ended up going for a walk so that helped out a lot! Plus it was freezing out, so I am sure I burned more calories. Lucky! It always makes me hungry lol

The carb blockers are very effective. The brand I use you can get is called "Pharmapure: Slim-Down Weight Loss Program Sugar Blocker", but really you can use any brand so long as the main ingredient is white kidney bean extract. For some people they may experience minor tummy problems the first week but after that your system gets used to it.

Ooo, I have some dandelion tea at home! I will definitely try that, thank you! And I had no idea that those essential oils did that, cool info!

Oooh! I will have to try that white kidney bean! Do you think the beans themselves would have a similar effect? I think I have some at home!

I am still on the fence about the Mixed Skinny. The 300-calorie days scare me. I feel like they might lead to a binge unless I sleep the whole day! Maybe I am better off with HSG after all.

ETA: Yeah, I think I am just gonna stick with this and then do the Mixed Skinny if I need to lose more. I am hoping I can lose at least 30 pounds on HSG so I'd only have to worry about the last 10 or so afterwards.

#19 thinin2016

thinin2016

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:53 PM

After today's horrific binge, I've decided not to wait until Monday. I will post all my stats tomorrow and join you on my day 1!

#20 Her Perfection

Her Perfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

Oooh! I will have to try that white kidney bean! Do you think the beans themselves would have a similar effect? I think I have some at home!
I am still on the fence about the Mixed Skinny. The 300-calorie days scare me. I feel like they might lead to a binge unless I sleep the whole day! Maybe I am better off with HSG after all.

ETA: Yeah, I think I am just gonna stick with this and then do the Mixed Skinny if I need to lose more. I am hoping I can lose at least 30 pounds on HSG so I'd only have to worry about the last 10 or so afterwards.

The extract is highly concentrated so I don't think it will work the same. But I am sure they will help to a much lesser degree.

When I hit calories that low, I have to just rest otherwise I will absolutely binge. So for me it is a delicate restriction and exercise balance.

TBH, if you repeat the HSGD again, you should still continue to loose weight. And if you plateau, increase some calories once a week and switch up your workout routine and you will be golden.

Let's be sure to check in with eachothers threads to keep eachother accountable. As well as be good support buddies :)

STATS:

GOALS:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ana, Binge, Purge, HSGD, Anorexia, Relapse, SGD, Modified HSGD, accountability, restricting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users