About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Vegan newbie

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 beautyfrompain94

beautyfrompain94

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:09 PM

Any good ( low cal) vegan deserts no bame that I can make?
  • Lovely__bones likes this

#2 Cage for Hearts

Cage for Hearts

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

some quick / easy ones: 

Carrot cake yogurt: 1 part soy yogurt + 1 part grated carrots + a few raisins or nuts or a crumbled cracker + stevia/low cal sweetener of choice -> mix everything together and enjoy :)

"nice cream" made with mango or berries (instead of banana) for a lower calorie option 

potato cookie dough (I make 1/2 of the recipe and sub the maple syrup for stevia or a "zero syrup" with maple flavor + reduce the amount of nut butter)

This is how I disappear (old accountability)

* Lucid dreams *

#3 mindgonewrong

mindgonewrong

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

Warm up apple sause w/cinnamon nutmeg and some pb2 or regular pb soooo satisfying under 100cals w/ Tbs of pb2 or tsp of real pb

#4 andtakngcontrol

andtakngcontrol

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts
  • LocationDreamland

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:37 PM

some quick / easy ones: 

Carrot cake yogurt: 1 part soy yogurt + 1 part grated carrots + a few raisins or nuts or a crumbled cracker + stevia/low cal sweetener of choice -> mix everything together and enjoy :)

"nice cream" made with mango or berries (instead of banana) for a lower calorie option 

potato cookie dough (I make 1/2 of the recipe and sub the maple syrup for stevia or a "zero syrup" with maple flavor + reduce the amount of nut butter)

is vegan yogurt any good? i want to try being vegan (been vegetarian for 3+ years) but i love yogurt way too much

giphy.gif

hurt me like it's what i want i'll be so cruel for you

Spoiler

#5 Cage for Hearts

Cage for Hearts

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:18 AM

is vegan yogurt any good? i want to try being vegan (been vegetarian for 3+ years) but i love yogurt way too much

I love soy yoghurt but different brands taste very different.
My personal favorite is Alpro, but provamel is also pretty nice. What I didn't like was soyatoo and sojade (-> strong soy flavor)

There are also several kinds of coconut yoghurt / almond yoghurt (which i can't really afford) but which are also pretty nice.

This is how I disappear (old accountability)

* Lucid dreams *

#6 earthboundmisfit

earthboundmisfit

The Village Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,688 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:00 AM

Blend silken tofu with cocoa powder, stevia, and vanilla extract to make chocolate pudding.

Like Gold to Aery Thinness Beat ~John Donne

Height: 5'2"

CW: 97 lbs

GW: 75 lbs

#7 Mario

Mario

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:02 AM

Low-cal Faux (Cauliflower) Rice Pudding:

500g Cauliflower - boil, rinse, blend with                                                  (90 kcal)

200 ml Unsweetend almond milk – and                                                    (26 kcal)

Sucralose or no-cal sweetener of choice – then optionally top with          (0 kcal)

Ceylon cinnamon                                                                                    (2–3 kcal/1g)

-------------------

(~ 120 kcal)

#8 veganvoodoo

veganvoodoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

Yay! Nice one on going vegan 💕
My favourite is blended silken tofu, frozen blueberries and strawberries. Then I sometimes top it with a spoonful of coconut oil mixed with cocoa powder and a lil Stevia. Drizzle that on the frozen blended mix and it hardens into a chocolate topping.
Another favourite is Sunwarrior chocolate protein powder mixed with some almond milk to make a paste, or warm water if you want something hot. It's so satisfying.
  • Effie likes this

SW: 57kg (125.5lbs)
CW:51.5kg (113.5lbs)

50.5(111lbs), 50(110lbs), 49.5(109lbs), 49(108lbs), 48.5(107lbs) 48 (106lbs)

:wub: UGW:47.7kg (105lbs) :wub:

Height: 5"4 

images

Accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users