Vegan eating non-vegan things
Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:37 AM
Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:45 AM
Same as you. Been vegetarian, almost vegan tho,not 100% vegan. But some junkfood i eat now and then (like cookies maybe) is just not vegan , thats all "non vegan food" i eat really.
And i eat this way because of my morals and values too.
But yes, i do crave SALMON, or shrimps sometimes lol i used to love Seafood. But when im close to any, i get disgusted and dont want it at all. So yes the cravings are there, but when its infront of you, you get disgusted af...atleast i do.
And idk what to tell you tbh. Why dont you try some new vegan "meat" stuff to maybe settle the cravings atleast a bit? maybe you do already idk. But good luck♥
- jordiejonesxx likes this
Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:47 AM
Yes. Same here. My ED does that I don't eat very much and then when I crave things... I crave all the ''food'' that comes from an animal... milk, cheese, meat ... you name it...! I usually fight it off, and sometimes it's so bad, that I take a bite and spit it out again ... sometimes I don't ... I hate myself for doing it. For craving it, for tasting it and for, sometimes, eating it.
I don't have a solution yet, but when I find it, I'll be sure to share it with you.
I didn't crave theese things before my ED, so I'm sure it's the body telling us a thing or two ..
Well ... I didn't help you at all with this reply ... But, at least I can let you know, that you're not alone. <3
Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:48 AM
I recently relapsed and it's come back full force. I've been vegan for 7 years. It's something that's ethically so important to me and my morals and values. I ate non-vegan yogurt and had the biggest breakdown because I felt horrible about contributing to the dairy industry. I've been craving eggs and meat, to the point where I've come so close to buying/eating it. I don't know why, I don't know if it's due to health issues (I have severely low Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, and iron. I'm also anemic). Or if it's because my ED is twisting my brain and making me do/think things I normally wouldn't. Anyone else have this problem?
That happened to me when I relapsed a year and a half ago. I actually bought a cheese, egg, and sausage breakfast sandwich. I never ate it, but I felt so guilty for spending my money on something like that. I also binged on a lot of cheese products once I found out I was going to have to eat that in treatment.
It's okay to not be perfect. Eating disorders distort your brain and make you do things you wouldn't normally do. Cut yourself some slack and practice self care.
Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:48 AM
Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:55 AM
I care so much about this issue ethically. I've been vegan for a couple years and vegetarian my whole life. A month ago I went into treatment and was forced to eat cheese and yogurt and now I've b/p ed on non-vegan chocolates because I had them anyway a couple of times, and thinking about the cows suffering makes me feel sick. I want to cry I feel so guilty.
Are you taking vitamins? If it helps the cravings or not... I take iron and B-12 (when I remember at least). Figured the vitamin D was a losing fight...
Anyway. We're doing our best and that's what matters, or that's what I try to tell myself. Try to take care of yourself, ok?
- Len97 likes this
"Keep your heart open in hell."
"I meant it when I said I want to get well!"
Princess Scilla of the witches
в теле—как в тайне
0 day(s) b/p free
"You don't pass or fail at being a person, dear."
Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:55 AM
I have a freezer full of non-vegan meats I don't like seafood so that's not an issue. It's mostly steak, chicken, and pork.
they dont help your cravings?
sorry i dont know how to help then♥
maybe get some new stuff you never tried? might help
Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:01 AM
I'm with you, veganism means so much to me from an ethical stand point & I've been vegan for 4 years now. Just in the last year though, I've had moments where I've binged on non-vegan foods and I feel absolutely awful about it. Even while binging, there's no way I'd be able to eat meat or anything with gelatine, but I've consumed things with dairy. I cry for so long afterwards because I feel so guilty. So I understand how you're feeling.
Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:08 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. Veganism is probably the most important thing in my life and it's something that I care about immensely. I get so disgusted with myself when I start craving a cheeseburger or something. Thankfully I haven't knowingly eaten anything with meat or dairy in it yet.
It's just so important to remember that we're all human and we all fuck up in one way or another. Making a mistake doesn't make you a bad vegan and it doesn't make you a bad person; it simply makes you human. Like Rusalka said, we're all just trying our best and that's what really matters. <3
- snackcitybitch likes this
Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:16 PM
OMG SAME. I have been vegan for two years for ethic/environmental reasons. Ever since I relapsed, I have been craving non-vegan food, even had a nightmare about being forced to eat it.
I haven't and won't but it is so weird and frustrating.
It is because we are depriving ourselves of food and nutrients and it is what our bodies are doing in defense.
Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:24 AM
open to see cute animals
Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:06 PM
it's ok, just try and forgive yourself, find alternatives and start again. everyone makes mistakes and there's no point in lamenting about something you can't change.
Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:30 AM
my 2nd yr vegan anniversary this July, gone vegan for ethical reasons too. There are actually vegan substitute for every sort of meat i can think of, just head to your nearest Asian grocery store and look for the "vegetarian" section. Many products are actually vegan and in frozen packets so the calories are all written on the back with the servings and nutrition label. I've found delicious jumbo vegan shrimp (made from potato & tapioca) and vegan scallops that had an authentic seafood flav (no idea how). The scallops I believe come in 500g packets and when you cook them in a soup base they swell up and the entire bag is less than 500cal, delicious & super filling too! I've also found vegan "poached egg" looks like a flat shell-less egg, you can just microwave and eat them, very creamy yolk and tasty, 100cal each though. Just gotta have a hunt around all the Asian grocery stores near you
Also make sure you get enough B12! Get nutritional yeast if you like to cook cos it's super versatile and tastes cheesy (20cal per tablespoon & B12 40%). You can sprinkle it over food or add it into baking. The easier route is to buy a bottle of B12 supplement, take one little tablet daily~
Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:26 AM
Ben & Jerries has brought out a vegan ice cream. It's super yummy and really fixes sweet-tooth cravings.
I am not a vegan, but several of my friends are. So here is a list of vegan candies/snacks that are vegan:
- Haribo – Sour Rainbow Strips, Sour Rainbow Twists
- Flying Saucers
- Love Hearts
- Polo Mints Original
- Jelly Tots
- Sherbet Fountain
- Cadbury Bournville Plain Chocolate
- Green & Blacks – Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut & Currant, Ginger, Maya Gold, Espresso, Spiced Chilli, Lemon, Mint
- Lindt Excellence – 70%, 85% and 90% Dark Chocolate
- Elizabeth Shaw Mint Crisp Dark Chocolates
- Divine – Dark Chocolate Mint Thins, Dark Chocolate Ginger Thins, dark chocolate bars in various flavours
- Ritter Sport Marzipan
- Fry’s Chocolate Cream
- Marks and Spencer Veggie Percy in a Twist and Colin the Caterpillar Sour sweets
- Turkish delight – almost always vegan but do double check the label
- Walkers – Salt & Vinegar, Ready Salted, Prawn Cocktail, Worcester Sauce, Crinkles Simply Sea Salted, Chipsticks Salt ‘n’ Vinegar Flavour
- Walkers Sensations – Lime & Coriander Chutney Poppadoms, Balsamic Vinegar & Caramalised Onion
- McCoy’s – Salt & Malt Vinegar, Ultimate Sea Salt & Black Pepper, Ultimate Sizzling BBQ Chicken, Ultimate Chargrilled Steak & Peri Peri
- Skips Tingly Prawn Cocktail
- Sunbites – Sweet Chilli, Original
- Pringles – Original, BBQ, Paprika, Smokey Bacon
- Hula Hoops – Original, Salt and Vinegar,
- Kettle Chips – Lightly Salted, Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar, Sea Salt & Crushed Black Peppercorns
- Kettle Tortilla Chips – Sweet Chili Salsa, Sea Salt
- Tyrrells Crisps – Lightly Sea Salted, Sea Salt & Cider Vinegar, Sweet Chilli & Red Pepper, Sea Salt & Black Pepper, Naked, English Barbecue, Red White & Blue
- Tyrrells Veg Crisps (all flavours apart from Crinkly Veg)
- Doritos – Lightly Salted, Chili Heatwave
- Tesco Bacon Rashers Snacks, Sainsbury’s Bacon Crispies and many other own-brand bacon snacks
- Propercorn – Smooth Peanut & Almond, Lightly Sea Salted, Fiery Worcester Sauce & Sun-Dried Tomato, Sweet & Salty
- Metcalfe’s Skinny Popcorn – Sweet ‘n Salt, Sea Salt, Wasabi Glaze, Cinema Sweet
- Butterkist – Sweet Cinema Style, Sweet & Salted, Microwave Popcorn Salted
- Lotus Original Caramelised Biscuits
- Fox’s Party Rings
- Bourbon Biscuits
- Oreo cookies
- Nairn’s Biscuits – Dark Chocolate Chip Oat, Stem Ginger Oat, Mixed Berries Oat, Fruit & Spice Wheat Free
- Crawford’s Pink Wafers
- McVitie’s – Ginger Nuts, Fruit Shortcake, Fig Rolls, Hobnobs, Chocolate Chip Hobnobs
- Mr Kipling – Apple & Blackcurrant Pies, Treacle Tart
Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:36 PM
I craved eggs too. Idk why. I binged on eggs and cheese slices once when I was vegan. Now I'm vegetarian.
HW: 176 lb / 80 kg
CW: 149 lb / 68 kg
GW1: 165 lb / 75 kg GW2: 160lb / 73kg GW3: 154 lb / 70 kg
GW4: 147,7 / 67 kg
GW5: 143 lb / 65 kg
GW6: 138lb / 63kg
GW7: 132 lb / 60 kg
GW8: 127lb / 58 kg
UGW: 123 lb /56kg
Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:29 PM
Come to the MPA Cottage!! Your home away from home
Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:30 AM
H: 5 ft 4.5 in
CW: 114.2 lbs / BMI 19.2
HW: 137.6 lbs / BMI 23.2
LW: 106.4 lbs / BMI 17.9
SW: 120.6 lbs / BMI 20.3
GW1: 120 lbs / BMI 20.2 GW2: 115 lbs / BMI 19.4
GW3: 110 lbs / BMI 18.5
GW4: 105 lbs / BMI 18.0
UGW: 100 lbs / BMI 16.9
EVERYONE ON MPA IS BEAUTIFUL
THAT INCLUDES YOUREMEMBER THAT
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users