About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Vegans: What do you eat when craving something sweet

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Drowning-In-Despair

Drowning-In-Despair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:39 AM

I sometimes buy nakd bars and such but they are pretty expensive- goes for pretty much any type of snack bar in my country. We also don't have a lot of options when it comes to vegan stuff. If let's say for instance I'm craving chocolate, there aren't any substitutes that I've seen. I also used to buy Alpro cups (those choc or caramel desserts ) but they are pretty expensive too. I also know that I can eat fruit and such, but sometimes I just crave for something more you know? I tried dates but they are kinda a fear food for me, as well as peanut butter..

If you guys maybe have any ideas or even some low cal recipes, that would be awesome! Thanks :)

#2 Percy Jackson

Percy Jackson

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • LocationAndromeda

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:40 AM

there is oreos 

• Coma White likes this

F/P

Everyday I fail, I'll punish myself. Days left:

21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Quotes by me:

Spoiler

Because I hate myself.

Spoiler

#3 Nothingbutcoffee

Nothingbutcoffee

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:22 AM

Search for ,,accidentely vegan candy", theres a lot of products we wouldn`t expect to be vegan. I`m personally perfectly satisfied with fruit but I don`t have a huge sweet tooth.

But what would you eat if you weren`t vegan? There is a vegan substitute for everything. If your counntry doesn`t have many vegan products, you could still make them yourself (like an energy bar out of dried fruit, nuts, oats, seeds etc.) 

Also what about banana nice cream, chocolate milk (plant milk + cocoa), mousse au chocolate (banana, avocado, cocoa)

• Coma White likes this

#4 NatalieN

NatalieN

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:07 AM

In where I live (Finland) we have tons of vegan chocolates and I can find alternative for basicly anything I want..

But you should check this blog and maybe it'll give you some ideas!

http://chocolatecove...essert-recipes/

Here is also that category ''chocolate & candy'', it could be helpful :>

http://chocolatecove...ates-and-candy/

• coldandbroken likes this

#5 Anonymous23

Anonymous23

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

Nice cream or homemade sourbet !
Im sure most vegans have heard of nice cream, just freeze some bananas (peel them and break them into chunks before freezing), then blend in a food processor with a little bit of coconut milk and cacao powder or vanilla extract and its the yummiest ice cream ever! Or buy some mangos and let the mangos get super ripe and then freeze them and blend them in a food processor and it makes the best sourbet ever πŸ™

#6 Anonymous23

Anonymous23

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

Or if your not too worried about calories, cliff bars are the shit. The white chocolate macadaimia and the chocolate almond fudge are orgasmic
  • madison_mae likes this

#7 earthboundmisfit

earthboundmisfit

The Village Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,688 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:44 PM

I like to make mango smoothies:  Four ounces of unsweetened almond milk blended with a cup of mango chunks and 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract.  115 calories.

I like Oreos but avoid them because they are a major binge food for me. If you do buy them, check the label.  One time I bought white fudge covered Oreos and found out too late that they weren't vegan.

• K13lorraine9 likes this

Like Gold to Aery Thinness Beat ~John Donne

Height: 5'2"

CW: 97 lbs

GW: 75 lbs

#8 JΟ…ne

JΟ…ne

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Locationε„šγ„

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

I normally eat fruits, lots of fruits. But if I have a craving for sweets I opt for super dark chocolate  :wub:

• sjkjsadd and ksme95 like this

#9 TinyChica777

TinyChica777

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, California

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

My go to sweet craving release is always dates... or recently my damage is the girl scouts thin mints 😒 so sinfully yummy

Orrrrr... Newmans chocolate cookies that are like wannabe oreos but taste a million times better than oreos.

Or my homemade raw vegan fudge...

...or this homemade "dole whip" concoction that I'm having now. Totally fucked up on fasting today with this but its ok i did real good all day.

Or sometimes for a kick swift sweet kick ill eat a spoonful of peanut butter and literally nothing else since my tummy gets to work on that all day.

I made some tamarindo agua fresca too and modified the sweetness at the perfect level. So fuckn good.

I feel i could keep going lol
Most importantly: Dates.

#10 TinyChica777

TinyChica777

Omniscient

• Members
  • 2,778 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, California

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:48 PM

I like to make mango smoothies: Four ounces of unsweetened almond milk blended with a cup of mango chunks and 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract. 115 calories.

I like Oreos but avoid them because they are a major binge food for me. If you do buy them, check the label. One time I bought white fudge covered Oreos and found out too late that they weren't vegan.

Oh shit i hate when that happens. One time i was eating these bar b que chips from a brand that puts out mostly vegan chips and when i was literally on my last chip, I decided to read the ingredients list.

And see... Honey. 😐
I know there are some vegans that still consume honey and thats all good i dont rip people apart like vegan gains if someone does things different than me in this vegan lifestyle lol
But yea.. im not a fan of bee vomit but... fml i ate it. I gotta do better at reading things BEFORE πŸ˜…πŸ˜Ώ
  • earthboundmisfit likes this

#11 Yourallbeautiful

Yourallbeautiful

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

Make your own vegan peanut butter cups!!!

#12 sprintergirl

sprintergirl

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3,575 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

banana nice cream! just stick some frozen bananas in a food processor and BAM- you got yourself a sweet, cool treat ahah. sometimes i put peanut butter in it which is pretty good. it's fun to experiment with different combos... it's also good with other fruit like mango and pineapple yeah.

18 / vegan / scorpio / hopeless insomniac

5'9"

UGW: 95

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

Dried apricots are really sweet they usually do it for me.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

images_2.jpg
HW 137LB
LW 75LB β™‘
116LB
114.5LB
110LB
CW 106LB
GW 90LB

#14 Back_2_Happy

Back_2_Happy

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

I would probably have either half a banana or some apple slices drizzled with melted dark chocolate. Yum!

Height: 1,68m / 5ft 6in
HW: 85kg / 187.5lbs
LW: 46,5kg / 103lbs
CW: ?
GW 1: 70kg / 154lbs :) 
GW 2: 60kg / 132lbs
GW 3: 50kg / 110lbs

UGW: 44kg / 97lbs

* We have our whole lives to be old. But we only have a few years to be young! *

#15 mindgonewrong

mindgonewrong

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

Im a ho for home made cinnamon bread and pumpkin loaf! Home made muffins, basically home made anything lol

The majority of high end dark chocolate is vegan

Jelly beans, mike & ikes, orange slices, thin mints, oatmeal w/pb& berries, oreos, pb&j, so delicious brand ice cream, iced tea or coffee or a blended coffee if im feeling fancy, pb2 in hot coffee, and always fruit lol

#16 Space Dementia

Space Dementia

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

ever since I went vegan I haven't really been craving sweets so much. The only sweet food I do crave every once in a while are dates lol, and some pastries like cinnamon rolls etc. So if you're looking for healthy alternatives I'd definitely go for berries/fruit, especially dried fruits (although they contain quite a lot of calories).

• crowcaw likes this

HGT - 175 cm
CW - 62 kg

HW - 80 kg

LW - 59 kg
GW - 60 kg

giphy.gif

#17 marikaylive

marikaylive

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

if I am craving chocolate I make hot chocolate with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, sweetener of choice, and cocoa powder.

If I am craving something vanilla or cinnamon-y, I make a blended ice and vanilla almond milk with sweetener (and cinnamon or extra vanilla) 

HT: 5'9"  HW: 173  LW: 108  RW: 146  :mellow: CW: 125

Current Goal for Surgery (12/21/16): 125 

-_- GW1: 140 :)GW2: 135  :)GW3: 130 ;) UGW: 127 :DUGW #2: 115  

Trying a mostly plant-based, clean, whole foods diet with under 1300 calories per day. Hopefully I will also stop purging!

#18 Paralysed Panda

Paralysed Panda

The Potato Council

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,337 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

Fruit, tea, or vegan friendly junk food.

β™‘  ... I Just Want To Be Happy ...  β™‘

I ain't scared of the fall, I have felt the ground before - The Weeknd.

http://www.myfitness...le/jessthepanda

https://instagram.com/pandasaurus_j/

732.gif?5975

#19 weirdteenagealien

weirdteenagealien

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:23 AM

Im a ho for home made cinnamon bread and pumpkin loaf! Home made muffins, basically home made anything lol

The majority of high end dark chocolate is vegan

Jelly beans, mike & ikes, orange slices, thin mints, oatmeal w/pb& berries, oreos, pb&j, so delicious brand ice cream, iced tea or coffee or a blended coffee if im feeling fancy, pb2 in hot coffee, and always fruit lol

do you mind sharing your recipe for homemade cinnamon bread? its sounds amazing, I'm such a fan of cinnamon

#20 mindgonewrong

mindgonewrong

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 flax
1 cup milk (of ur choise I used cashew bc I had it)
1/3 apple sause
1 cup sugar (I use 1/2 stevia to save cals)

Mix it up in a separate bowl mix some truiva brown sugar blend (ir brown sugar) with a fuck ton of cinnamon, seriously didn't measure this part lol

Layer batter n cinnamon sugar the original recipe said half cinnamon other half top w/cinnimon but I get 3 layers if cinnimon in plus topping, in a 9x5 loaf pan lined w/ parchment bake at 350 degrees for 45min to an hr
  • skinnystripper likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users