About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

eating more on cardio days

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Deez Nuts

Deez Nuts

Pussy Vultures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,452 posts
  • LocationWhy does everyone want to go back to Jakku

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

I do intense cardio like 2-3x a week

And train circus the other 4 days (I don't consider it exercise for some reason, it's too fun, and even tho I'm tired afterwards and it's super hard, I can't count it)

And now that I'm breaking out of a binge cycle (I'm trying)

Would it be helpful to eat more on cardio days (I usually burn 400-800 per session)

So like if I eat 1700-1800 on cardio days

900-1200 for the other days

would it benefit or am I shitting myself?

• Shrinking_blutengel likes this

giphy.gif

a96148e8d7de09c83133291d7c66e9be.gif

tumblr_nos5bsyXjC1savpdqo8_540.png

Stuff I like in spoiler, click if interested:

Spoiler

Male

Vegetarian

Asexual<p>

AN b/p

HT: 5'6

HW: 131

CW: 107

UGW: 103

#2 isolated_atonement

isolated_atonement

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Yeah cardio depletes a lot, also makes u tired af!!!! So it's good to restore on those days. That's what I do. My highest days is my cardio days/HIIT.
I fast/ <500 (because I'm impatient) on my no gym days

DAILY ​REMINDER

​i need a second chance.

117  116  115  114  113  112  111  110  109  108  107  106  105  104  103  102  101  100  99  98  97

5'7"               hw: 117                       lw: 96                        gw: 100                    gw2: 97                ugw: ---no

10735207.gif

*I am just trying to live with this, but I think it's killing me.*

#3 falsumangelum

falsumangelum

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

I can never get myself to stick to a deficit based on my TDEE; ED brain is a bitch and I'm not "allowed". If you can though, you definitely should. Cardio takes a lot out of you, and makes you hungrier, so making an allowance for more calories on that day will probably make getting out of the binge cycle easier.
  • Deez Nuts likes this

height: 5'4.5

hw: 150lbs - bmi: 26.6

cw/lw: 107.5lbs - current bmi: 18.45

gw1: 105lbs

gw2: 100lbs

ugw: 95lbs

accountability

RPXV1939

#4 food_obsessed

food_obsessed

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:49 PM

I go to the gym in the mornings and find if I have a good portion of cards with dinner the night before, my endurance is a lot better. (Slow release cards like whole grain bread, brown or wild rice, qinoa etc. No whites or refined carbs)
  • breezy99 likes this

#5 Argyresthia pruniella

Argyresthia pruniella

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts
  • Locationin a cherry tree

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

Eating more on those days sounds like a good idea to me. I think you're underestimating your exercise, so you could probably eat more, if you wanted.

You'll definitely still have some extra space if you eat 1700-1800 Cal on exercise days. :)

anorexic, underweight & functional *** Accountability *** Inspiration for moderate/higher restriction: one week plan

"I have a faint cold fear thrills through my veins,
That almost freezes up the heat of life."

William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

#6 just_breathe

just_breathe

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

I would definitely suggest eating more on cardio days. I run 5-6 days a week and burn at least 500 calories each time, and I would try to restrict normally. Over time it lead to me binging, so I wouldn't recommend doing what I did. But, it does depend on what exercise does for you and your appetite, what time of day you exercise, etc

5'6"
SW: 133 lbs
CW: 106.5 lbs
GW1: 115 lbs
GW2: 105 lbs
UGW: 99 lbs
~~~Just keep breathing, everything will be alright~~~

#7 feesh

feesh

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

So I'm also confused about this because for the past few weeks, I've been eating up to like 2000 calories (& hating myself for it) but burning 2500 so I'm still maintaining a deficit. Buut I'm NOT. LOSING. WEIGHT.

Granted, I STILL binge with large amounts of food but I am also trying to get out of a binge mindset. But honestly I feel like it's the food weighing me down & not budging the scale. I always lose more weight when I stick to a ~1200 cal plan without exercise. 

It's just confusing because it could be food weight or muscle weight (I do mostly LISS, HIIT, and a bit of strength training) but it's been soo so so frustrating and has actually led to the most recent binge cycle I've been in.

So I guess my point is, it is probably better for you to eat higher cal on your higher cardio days, as long as you can control not binging. You might not notice fast results, but getting out of your binge cycle is most important, and then after you get used to it you could maybe start not eating back your exercise calories and see what that does. 

Good luuuuck! <3 

¯\_()_/¯

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users