About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Meal Replacement Shakes?

Ana Mia meal replacement shakes diet diets eating disorder

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Oblivious-Metaphor

Oblivious-Metaphor

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

So...I went out and got Meal Replacement Shakes. Anyone have experiences with them and losing weight?
They are 190 calories each. So I was thinking of replacing breakfast and lunch with them. (1 bottle for each meal. Or sip one bottle throughout the day while in school. Depends on how well they suppress my appetite. I haven't tried it yet so.) and then have dinner like usual. My only worry is I'll hend up binging at dinner since I didn't eat at all throughout the day. Perhaps a apple and jug water between lunch and dinner.
How well did they suppress your appetite?

#2 goodBoneS

goodBoneS

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

So...I went out and got Meal Replacement Shakes. Anyone have experiences with them and losing weight?
They are 190 calories each. So I was thinking of replacing breakfast and lunch with them. (1 bottle for each meal. Or sip one bottle throughout the day while in school. Depends on how well they suppress my appetite. I haven't tried it yet so.) and then have dinner like usual. My only worry is I'll hend up binging at dinner since I didn't eat at all throughout the day. Perhaps a apple and jug water between lunch and dinner.
How well did they suppress your appetite?

What brand did you get? It would be interesting to see the nutritional info. Carb content, fat content? Electrolytes?

Jan 2017 CW 143

GW 115 pounds

Height 5ft 8

Starting point --my routine commenced January 23 ... involves 4 hours of exercise daily on 800-1000 calories.

Feb 16 - Hip measures 35.5 inches. 

#3 26"

26"

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

IMO not terribly worth it. Id prefer 200 calories of fruit or something straight up :)

• Oblivious-Metaphor likes this

enhanced-buzz-15938-1322669839-16.jpg

#4 NotAnArtStudent

NotAnArtStudent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:49 AM

I've started tesco own meal replacement shakes and they're pretty fulling I find
  • Oblivious-Metaphor likes this

#5 Oblivious-Metaphor

Oblivious-Metaphor

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

What brand did you get? It would be interesting to see the nutritional info. Carb content, fat content? Electrolytes?

equate. I'd post a photo of the nutritional chart but phone won't let me .

#6 Oblivious-Metaphor

Oblivious-Metaphor

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

IMO not terribly worth it. Id prefer 200 calories of fruit or something straight up :)

I know. TBH I feel like 200 of fruit and such would be better. But same time these are filling. I drink two (one for breakfast and one for lunch). And they keep me good all day through school. It's two drinks and I hend up being over 300 with just them. :/. When I could eat like 4 apples and be at 300. Lol. I already paid the 12 bucks for 12 of them so might as well continue them and decide to continue or not after

#7 26"

26"

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

I know. TBH I feel like 200 of fruit and such would be better. But same time these are filling. I drink two (one for breakfast and one for lunch). And they keep me good all day through school. It's two drinks and I hend up being over 300 with just them. :/. When I could eat like 4 apples and be at 300. Lol. I already paid the 12 bucks for 12 of them so might as well continue them and decide to continue or not after

Ofc, if you've already bought 'em it's definitely worth just drinking them anyway!

enhanced-buzz-15938-1322669839-16.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ana, Mia, meal replacement shakes, diet, diets, eating disorder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users