About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to start eating chicken when you hate it?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PurgeyMcPurgison

PurgeyMcPurgison

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

How do you make it taste as good as possible? And how to make sure there's no blood in your piece of chicken and if there is, how do you get it out, what is the leanest type of chicken (price doesn't matter that much), how can I tell from its taste if it was bred healthily, how do you know the butcher scammed you, etc. etc.?

I've never bought it before in my life due to vegetarianism and want to start eating it for health & dieting purposes.

#2 BrunetteLady

BrunetteLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

If you truly hate it, I don't see why you'd be forcing yourself to eat it. There aren't any diet or health benefits offered only by chicken. Unless you're buying it from a reputable source with known, public standards for animal treatment, you're likely eating a genetically modified and mistreated animal that was fed chemicals and harbors toxins.

#3 OMANKO

OMANKO

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

Just don't eat it. If you want chicken that was bred healthily, chances are you won't find it at the grocery store. Unless you know someone with a chicken farm or some shit like that, I'd skip out on the hormones & flesh and find nutrients elsewhere.

If you're really set on eating chicken: hot sauce.

tumblr_mwy76kdcjL1qd4d7jo1_500.gif

#4 lavender*

lavender*

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

I honestly don't know tons about meat eating because I was vegetarian for a long time and definitely through the years I learned to cook, but a lot of your issues could be addressed by getting chicken from a local farm or farmer's market- I'd get all my meat there if price wasn't an issue. White meat has less fat and calories than dark meat- the breast is a safe choice for among the lowest fat/calorie parts. If there's blood, you'll see it and you can cut it out/wash it off, but I haven't really seen that... the only thing I've seen that I've had to get out was some fat or something, which isn't really a big deal at all, it just grosses me out the way it looks, probably because I was vegetarian for so long.

I really like to eat chicken in curries, maybe something with chickpeas and vegetables. If you're new to cooking overall and want a recipe, I can link you to some. I also make chicken salad a decent amount to keep in my fridge as back-up, I either use canned chicken (sorry not sorry) or I bake a few chicken breasts and shred them, mix with Miracle Whip/mayo/Greek yogurt/whatever and maybe salt and pepper... sometimes I'll put in some curry powder/paste and raisins, or half grapes and almonds, or whatever is exciting to you, hah.

• PurgeyMcPurgison likes this

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users