About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

7 Day Fat Fasting with Pics & Recipes (5.4 lbs lost)

fat fast fat fast fasting keto ketosis fat fasting diet vegetarian recipes

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:12 AM

Hey y'all. 

I"m planning on starting a 3 day fat fast to kickstart my keto. I'm going to be restricting to 800 cals a day because a. I'm starting from a lower BMI already (16.6) and b. upping my caloric intake to the quadruple digits from approx. 300 is something I can't do without a panic attack. I'll also be trying to drink 5L of water a day so that half my weight loss isn't put back on from all the water I lost. I'll be posting my (vegetarian) recipes here, too, because I haven't really seen a thread yet about fat fasting recipes, just low carb or keto. And a lot of the ones I found scouring the web call for meat. Nonetheless, I have found a few that I'm excited to try and share with you all, so that I'm not stuck to a macadamia nut mono, cream cheese mono, and heavy cream mono, because I feel like if I did that I would get sick of it and not stick to it. I will also be posting my experiences with this as it is my first attempt in doing this type of thing, and I haven't really seen much in the way of fat fasting accountability, either.

Any sage words of advice before I attempt this? I know to stay hydrated and eat plenty of salt and potassium (what's up, avocad(hoes)?) to avoid the keto flu. 

Edit: Changed my intake to 500 because 800 is scary and I don't think I can lose on it and changed it to a 7 day fast this to a seven day fast because of how much food I bought and changed caloric intake.

Update: 5.4 pounds lost in a week

Things I've learned:

• You don't need nearly as much food as you think you need. It doesn't look like a lot of food, but that's because it's so calorie rich and you don't need a lot to feel sated. I bought 3x300ml of double cream, and I haven't even finished one bottle. Take what you think you'll need, then half it. I used a block of cream cheese, 3/4 a small wedge of brie, 1/2 a small block of cheddar cheese, and barely any of my peanut butter. Although I did use a full dozen eggs by myself. 
  • Regular cream is fine. There is no need to buy heavy/whipping/double cream. It only has marginally more fat percentage 94% to 96%, respectively, but is also more calories. It's not worth it, in my opinion. 
  • Water is your friend. Every day I drank at least 5.5 litres of water. And even then, some days I was dehydrated (had chapped lips, for instance). If you drink tons, you'll lose more, but it will be water weight, and you'll just put it back on later. Drink even more on days when you have the runs, as you lose more water due to it coming out your rear end.
  • If you get the keto flu, I would highly suggest drinking a litre of diet coke to help your brain become less foggy. The crispness of the coke counteracts the sluggish feeling of the keto flu. Also add plenty of salt to your food. Even a pinch of salt in your sweet batters and doughs goes a long way. 
  • If you get bad orthostatic hypotension, get up slowly. Don't feel the need to push yourself and rush to get up quickly, as you can pass out. But don't worry, it's not permanent. It goes away in a few days as your body gets used to burning fat as fuel. 
  • Coffee with a teaspoon or two of cream is an absolutely awesome appetite suppressant. Unmatched by probably only nausea. Not even nicotine works as well, in my opinion. So use it, but I doubt you'll be very hungry on his diet as a whole. 
  • I didn't exercise at all on this diet. All the fats made feel a little too gross, and also I'm lazy and a little depressed. Don't feel like exercise is compulsory on this diet. 

Hope I inspired someone to try this, or at least a recipe! <3

• justnobodyhere, skinnyapples, Sussurus and 5 others like this

H:5'6" HW:128 CW:99.2(16.0 BMI) LW:78.5(13.2 BMI) 

GW1:110 GW2:100 UGW:95(15.3 BMI) UUGW:74(12.0 BMI)

tumblr_mmh255aAEg1rixetuo1_500.gif

#2 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

Day 1

Starting Weight: 103 lbs

Breakfast: Black coffee (0)

Lunch: Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Bar with Macadamia Nut Topping* (422)

I was upset a little upset with my starting weight because I weighed 103 yesterday, too. But oh well. I'll be dropping fast now on this fat fast. I was also super upset when it saw the weather for today because it's been tempestuous all day. And I was planning on walking to the grocery store to get some exercise because it's only a 15 minute walk, but the bus it is. Shit happened and I ended up going to two grocery stores because I couldn't find what I needed at one. And because of the torrential rain, I got my shoes wet up to my mid calf. Almost cried on the bus because I was so despondent, with what seemed like completely shitting on me in every regard. And by the time I got home, it was 12:30. Since I've been intermittent fasting pretty solidly for the past few months, with my eating hours from 12-8 daily, I had to push my eating back a bit, because I still had to make these bars. It's now nearly three, and I'm completely satiated from all the fat. But I'm super looking forward to a savoury meal because of how sweet the bars were. I could barely finish one.

I also might extend this five days because of how much food I bought. I always go overboard when I buy groceries. And when I start actual keto, I don't want to be consuming around 200-500 calories in a given day again, so I don't want to have so many high calories foods in house anymore. 

*see below for recipe

#3 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:52 PM

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Macadamia Nut Bars (213 each)

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese bar

2 tbsp single-ingredient peanut butter (180)

2 tbsp softened cream cheese (150)

1 tbsp heavy cream (66)

3/4 cup stevia icing mix or other sweetener (20)

79% fat, 4g carbs, 6g protein

makes two large bars

Directions: Combine peanut butter and cream cheese. add cream. add in the stevia a bit at a time until throughly combined, until it makes a doughy consistency. Separate into two equal parts and put them on saucers. Form into a square. Refrigerate for at least half an hour. While the bars form, chop macadamia nuts into fine bits. Before eating, dust the bar with half the macadamia nut bits. Optional: add a pinch of extra salt to the top for more salt to prevent keto flu. Because the bar was so sweet and all the fat in it, and also because it was substantial in size, I almost couldn't finish it. 

Notes: I didn't intend to make two bars, so feel free to half the recipe. Also, It was almost sickly sweet, as icing naturally is, so instead of using 3/4 of a cup of the stevia powder, I would use only 1/2 cup. Also, I would rather have topped the bar with chopped pecans, because I feel like it would complement the peanut butter and cream cheese flavour better, but I couldn't find them anywhere, so maybe they're out of season right now? Also, if you don't want to wait for the cream cheese to soften, microwave it for 30 seconds, flip it over, then for another 30 seconds, or until you hear popping.

• J_Matyáš_S999, meganfox, skinnyapples and 2 others like this

#4 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:06 AM

Three Cheese White "Mac" and Cheese (269)

Three Cheese White "Mac" and Cheese

1 package konjac fettuccine (15)

1 tbsp double cream (65)

1 tbsp cream cheese (75)

1/8 cup cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (57)

15g* brie (56)

1/2 tsp nutritional yeast** (3)

79% fat, 10g protein, 4g carbs

Rinse and drain konjac noodles. Microwave for 90 seconds, drain. Microwave again for 90 seconds. Drain again. Shred cheddar cheese if not pre-shredded. Shred brie. Combine all cheeses and cream in with the konjac noodles. Microwave for another 90 seconds until cheese has melted. Stir. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, sea salt and pepper.

*I don't actually have a food scale, but this measurement is a 125g small wedge of brie, cut into a sliver of the original wedge 1/4 the size, then that sliver cut in half bisecting it along the height, so 1/8 of a 125g wedge of cheese.

**Not really a necessary ingredient and I know that many people probably don't have this in their cabinet, but it's a secret ingredient and ups the flavour by 1000%.

• Rick Sanchez and StonedSkinni like this

#5 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:19 AM

7:30 pm

As I sit typing this, I feel like I cannot eat anything ever again. All the foods I'm making are so incredibly rich that it makes it hard to finish them. I feel a little guilty for eating 786 calories today, so I think I'm going to reduce my caloric intake to 500 daily. That means I would need to do this diet for estimating about a week, because all the foods that I bought, which in reality is very much groceries wise but quite high calorie wise. It is recommended that it is done for no loner than 5 days, but let's be real, nothing about my food intake is really recommended, hence the disorder in eating disorder. 

TMI: I have consumed my 5.5 litres of water that I had hoped to do, but I think I may need to increase that intake because the runs on this diet are no joke. I've stopped abusing them, but I'll never need another laxative again. At one point, I was using the bathroom literally every 5 minutes, and I'm not one to use the word literally, figuratively. May need to consume another 2.25L a day at this rate, for a total of 7.75 litres. 

#6 squirrelkitty

squirrelkitty

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:00 AM

Good luck & stay positive!

(also every 5 mins? jesus christ)

tumblr_nob5m3xgmy1raqntvo3_250.gif tumblr_nob5m3xgmy1raqntvo6_250.gif tumblr_nob5m3xgmy1raqntvo7_250.gif

Spoiler

cw: 106.5

#7 WallyWoofer

WallyWoofer

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

omg yeah the fat will definitely move things through your system but my god thats a lot of bathroom time! I hope you arent lactose intollerant! lol

I am following along now, I am really interested in seeing you results :)

11215577.png

Height: 5'4"

HW: 185

GW: 130lbs -  Hit March 8 2017!!

WallyWoofers Accountability

WallyWoofers Fav Recipes

Low Carb Meal Pics

#8 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

Good luck & stay positive!

(also every 5 mins? jesus christ)

Yeah, it got kinda excessive at times. 

omg yeah the fat will definitely move things through your system but my god thats a lot of bathroom time! I hope you arent lactose intollerant! lol

I am following along now, I am really interested in seeing you results :)

Omg thank you so much! Thanks for following and caring! 

And no, not lactose intolerant. Just the fat content. :)

#9 Monday Smile

Monday Smile

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:23 PM

Thank you for posting! This will be helpful for upping my fat consumption.
  • zeppelin.cries likes this

♫ She's a smile on a Monday

and she'll fight to stay so ♫

Stats

Spoiler

#10 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:12 PM

Day 2:

Weight: 103.8

How did I gain nearly a pound?? I thought you were supposed to lose water weight and actual weight doing this? I guess I did drink 7.5L of water yesterday. And yesterday was my most caloric meal I've eaten in week. And outside of eating "nomally" last wednesday, I didn't eat all last week. And over the span of last weekend and then the following monday and tuesday, I hadn't gone above 500 calories total. So I guess when you've been restricting so low and for a while and then eating "a lot" in mostly fat and you are keeping hydrated, chances are, you're going to gain. I'm sticking to below 500 now.

I ate lunch at 11:30. I had a brie and egg avocado.* It wasn't the most satiating meal I've had on this diet, but it sufficed. But I'm no longer thinking about food constantly. I'm more just thinking about how sleepy I am. I was thinking about how I really wanted something sweet for lunch because after my heart-attack-fettuccine-and-cheese-special, I was craving something sweet to counterbalance the savoury. But I told myself that eggs and avocado were much more "breakfasty", even though it was lunchtime. I usually never eat before 12 because my IF window is usually 12-8, but I figured it was okay because I had dinner at 6pm and then nothing after that. Energy wise, I feel lethargic. I slept for 12 hours last night and I still feel exhausted. I dunno if it's a combination of oversleeping and not waiting to go to bed after taking my sleeping meds, or if eating this much pure fat makes you super sleepy or what. I'm tempted to drink coffee or down half a 2L bottle of coke zero, but I don't think it'll make me any less foggy-headed. All I want to do is take a nap until dinner. 

*see below for recipe

#11 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

Brie and Eggs in Avocado "Bake" (183)

Brie and Egg Avocado

1 half small avocado (72)

1 egg yolk (55)

15g brie (56)

82% fat, 1g carbs, 6g protein

Slice avocado in half. Set aside a half for later use. Remove pit. Place avocado half on small plate. Crack and egg and move the yolk back and forth between sides of the shell until only the yolk remains. pour yolk into the pit of the avocado. shred brie on top of avocado. Microwave for 90 seconds. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. 

• meganfox, Rick Sanchez, cambria_cambogia and 2 others like this

#12 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

2:00 pm

I guess one thing I didn't consider is that a lot of the weight could be food weight because TMI: I stopped having the runs every five minutes after I went to bed. I'm thinking all that cheese may have actually helped to block me up a bit, especially when pared with the konjac noodles. Because the reason they are so low cal is because your body literally can't digest it, so it goes through your system undigested (i.e., whole), so i would have noticed if it had passed. And my dinner was probably 12oz, anyway. Because I also FEEL thinner today. Like my hip bones are sharper. In any case, I guess my lunch will help force out my dinner from last night, so we'll see what the scale says tomorrow.

I'm also realising that my sluggishness and lack of mental clarity is caused by keto flu. Because I'm also nauseated. I'm typing this with one finger because I'm so horizontal. I have problems with my nerves, especially in my arms, and they have also been acting up. They get exacerbated when my electrolytes are whack. I just need to keep pushing fluids. I am nowhere near in line of reaching my goal of 7.75 litres. If I'm lucky, I'll make it to 5.5 litres. At least I'm not hungry?

#13 Beletseri

Beletseri

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationColorful Colorado

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

I am really enjoying this topic and the recipes! Once I'm out of ingredients for my own hellish diet, I am definitely going to try this one. I am curious to find out whether your weight drops tomorrow as well.

5'2 // 26
CW • 112.2 lbs / 50.9 kgs / 20.5 BMI
HW • 135 lbs / 61 kgs / 24.7 BMI

SW • 126 lbs / 57 kgs / 23.0 BMI
LW • 92 lbs / 42 kgs / 16.8 BMI
GW • 110 lbs / 50 kgs / 20.1 BMI / By May 10th

UGW • 100 lbs / 45.4 kgs / 18.3 BMI / By June 18th
UUGW • 90 lbs / 41 kgs / 16.5 BMI / By July 31st

Gonna ride this horse till it bucks me off, and I'm forced to shoot it down.

Accountability // Selfies

sitw_by_pony_bones-db61abs.gif

My body is my coffin.

#14 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

I am really enjoying this topic and the recipes! Once I'm out of ingredients for my own hellish diet, I am definitely going to try this one. I am curious to find out whether your weight drops tomorrow as well.

Aww, I'm glad you're enjoying my recipes and that I inspired you to try it! Word of advice, but one third of the amount of ingredients you think you're going to need. 

And I'm sure my weight is dropping, because whenever I lose, I get orthostatic, and I've been super orthostatic for the past week. So I don't know why the scale said what it said. It may even be that I needed to calibrate the scale, because I only weighed myself once this morning when I normally do it a few times if I get a weirdly high number to recalibrate it, so I guess we'll see. Good luck on your diet, too! 

#15 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

4:00 pm

Had a litre of coke zero. It always makes me feel sharper and crisper. And since I'm feeling lethargic and groggy, I figured I could use the pick me up. Don't know if it's the carbonation mixed with the caffeine, but 10/10 would recommend for keto flu. It also always makes me poop, and since I haven't since after lunch yesterday, let's hope it does.

#16 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

7:00 pm

Just had dinner, which was my leftover peanut butter bar, sans macadamia nuts topping. I replaced the macadamia nut topping with maple flavoured ice cream* to reach eighty-five percent fat, because the bars by themselves without ant topping or ice cream make it to eighty percent fat on the nose. Holy shit, I forgot how good those were. I ended up cutting the bar in half to eat with the ice cream, but I was still hungry afterwards, so I ate the other half with no toppings. In total, my intake is 579. If I had only not eaten the tbsp of ice cream, I would have made it to my total. So I would change that if I had to do the day again. In the scheme of things, I know that 77 calories means nil. But I can't help obsessing over them. Hopefully eating that bar as much a laxative effect as it did before (okay, maybe not as much, but even half that would be nice). 

I still feel lethargic and super out of it and in a mental fog, still, but apparently that's all part of the keto flu. So it'll pass as my body gets used to burning fat as fuel. Also having a bit of acid reflux from the eating-so-much-fat thing. I started getting acid reflux pretty bad again when I started purging again. But if this diet reduces the cravings to binge as much as it already has, I'll feel no need to purge. SO far I'm finding this diet pretty easy to stick to, I'm just finding it harder to stick to my calorie restrictions, because fat is so calorie dense.

As for tomorrow, I will actually stick to under 500 calories. Don't know what I'm going to eat yet. Maybe I'll make those bars again, as I have enough for at least another batch, an they were really filling. Maybe forgo the cream to make them not as caloric and make them stick together better, as they were really light because the recipe was meant as an icing recipe. I've been trying to made every meal into the mid eighties in percentage of fat, but if I can reduce calories by only meeting just under eighty percent, I would prefer that to eating over my caloric limit. From now on.

*see recipe below

• WallyWoofer likes this

#17 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:40 AM

Maple Ice Cream

Peanut Butter Bar with Ice Cream

photo is ice cream on a peanut butter cream cheese bar. Will take a better photo later.

3/4 cup double cream

1 egg

2 tbsp sugar free maple flavoured syrup*

6 stevia drops

Pour cream into container. Add one whole egg. Mix in sugar free syrup. Add stevia drops. Mix until combined. Put in freezer. 

Pro tip: This will turn into a frozen dairy chunk rather than luxuriously maleable ice cream. Heat for 15-30 seconds to loosen.

• WallyWoofer likes this

#18 Monday Smile

Monday Smile

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

whenever I lose, I get orthostatic

Maple Ice Cream

photo is ice cream on a peanut butter cream cheese bar. Will take a better photo later.

3/4 cup double cream
1 egg
2 tbsp sugar free maple flavoured syrup*
6 stevia drops

Pour cream into container. Add one whole egg. Mix in sugar free syrup. Add stevia drops. Mix until combined. Put in freezer. Every 30 minutes or so, stir well. This is what gives it its malleable and airy texture, and not a hard lump of frozen dairy.

*You can add more flavouring if you like. You can also substitute any flavour. It's just that the only sugar free syrup available at my grocery store happens to be maple syrup. Sure am missing living in America right about now...

What's orthostatic?
Also that ice cream sounds delicious! I have maple extract, I'll have to use it.

♫ She's a smile on a Monday

and she'll fight to stay so ♫

Stats

Spoiler

#19 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

What's orthostatic?
Also that ice cream sounds delicious! I have maple extract, I'll have to use it.

Orthostasis, or more accurately, orthostatic hypotension, is dizziness upon standing due to a drop in blood pressure. 

And the ice cream is really good! Usually I'm more of a fan of mocha or dessert flavoured ice cream (cookie dough, brownie fudge), but maple does in a pinch, as I really just super love ice cream, and will eat all flavours ha

• Icepiggy likes this

#20 zeppelin.cries

zeppelin.cries

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

Day 3

Weight: 103.8 

Yesterday I had 5.5L of water and a litre of coke zero, so 6.5 litres of liquids in total, because I water load like no one's business. I had my first meal of the day today at 1 pm, so IF for 18 hours. I had cream cheese pancakes*, which weren't the most filling, but they sufficed at 218 calories. Usually the third and fourth day are the hardest for me to stick to when I'm on a diet. But I'm doing pretty well today I think. Will just have to have especially filling meals tomorrow. I think I'm finally fat adapted/in ketosis, as I'm past the keto flu lethargy and fogginess. I had a litre of coke zero already, so that probably helped push past the fogginess, as when I woke up, I was still having some symptoms. 

As for my weight, I weighed myself several times this morning. So I know that the weight I got was approximately correct But it stuttered a little before landing on 103.8, and my scale is in 100g increments, or .2-.25 of a pound, so I think I lost a little, but not enough for it to be represented on the scale. 

*see recipe below.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fat, fast, fat fast, fasting, keto, ketosis, fat fasting, diet, vegetarian, recipes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users