About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Eating meat on Easter = stupid

vegan vegetarian

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 round2

round2

Warrior

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

I have been seeing tons of my friends on snapchat who are not vegan posting photos saying "happy easter" "good friday <3" etc, with photos of huge dinners full of meat

I find it hilarious, preaching kindness etc but having a plateful of dead animals? like hello hypocrite 

the same goes for people posting photos of their dogs but followed by photos of plates of meat

It really bothers me because it sort of fakes the compassion of someone who is actually vegan

• BrunetteLady, pinksugar23, Misa-chan_kira2 and 5 others like this

tumblr_ogjno6oNMG1uzml7wo1_250.gif

#2 lovers when it's cold

lovers when it's cold

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Locationan artificial world

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

im not even vegan anymore but I have to agree.... like why show it off excessively like that?

• squirrelkitty and round2 like this

#3 round2

round2

Warrior

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

im not even vegan anymore but I have to agree.... like why show it off excessively like that?

totally like my friend posts photos about going to church, easter, love etc today and thats cool (do your thing people) but then a huge plate of food terrible for the environment right after 

like oh sorry I thought you seemed like a compassionate person for a second there...

• lovers when it's cold likes this

#4 lovers when it's cold

lovers when it's cold

Sage

• Members
  • 1,213 posts
  • Locationan artificial world

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

totally like my friend posts photos about going to church, easter, love etc today and thats cool (do your thing people) but then a huge plate of food terrible for the environment right after 

like oh sorry I thought you seemed like a compassionate person for a second there...

i just don't understand, again, not vegan anymore, if you look around here on my posts you'd figure it out sooner or later. but I really don't get the point of trying to act all loving and compassionate but then parading around about what they're eating. I can't talk shit about eating meat in general, because that would make me a hypocrite, but I agree with exactly what you're saying

• round2 likes this

#5 mindgonewrong

mindgonewrong

Sage

• Members
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

I almost thought u were a compassionate...person, a compassionate person yep an oxymoron ik ik my bad 😂

#6 Misa-chan_kira2

Misa-chan_kira2

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:35 AM

I agree! It makes no sense! Like for Easter people put pictures of cute little lambs everywhere and then call the store to order lamb to eat for Easter dinner? Are you kidding me! I was thinking the other day how sick and desensitized. Same with turkey and thanksgiving. But eating any animal really is just disgusting.

I can not even understand how people can sit there nonchalantly eating a corpse like it's no big deal.

I do think that people who don't eat meat are more compassionate. I will never understand how a person can be so selfish to take a life or multiple lives just for food.
  • BrunetteLady and Enziane like this

#7 Nothingbutcoffee

Nothingbutcoffee

Sage

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:17 AM

Yep. Easter is the symbol for life, birth and fertility and then they murder lambs, young fragile animals for that occasion.
But eating tons of eggs isn't any better.
  • BrunetteLady and JanJan like this

#8 Enziane

Enziane

Sage

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

WHEN U IN THE GROCERY STORE AND U WALK THROUGH THE MEAT SECTION AND ALL THE PACKAGES HAVE PICTURES OF CUTE LIL BABY COWS LIKE "OH LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL NOW LET'S EAT IT". I'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND THAT

• JanJan and round2 like this

#9 astronomia

astronomia

Advanced Sage

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • Locationin the 11th dimension

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

also so many of these people will rant about people in china eating dogs and meat

and that time a few years ago, there was a scandal about horse meat in the frozen meat products over here in the uk and people were like IT'S GROSS AND EVIL AND HORRIBLE

@ these people: at the end of the day, meat is meat. stop being a hypocrite

• BrunetteLady likes this

19. england. infj. vegan.

atypical anorexia. bulimic tendencies.
borderline personality disorder. depression.

accountability.

writing.

but only when we‘ve lost everything, we'll be free to leave

Spoiler

#10 WheatgrassQueen

WheatgrassQueen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

That's how I feel about meateaters all the time, and it saddens me everyday. Hypocrites. Loving animals, yet also eating them
  • Stomach__Acid likes this

#11 round2

round2

Warrior

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

I feel the same way....and if I point out to someone that clearly they don't love animals if they eat them they will freak out

#12 urfavtranny

urfavtranny

Sage

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

But eating tons of eggs isn't any better.

No one said it was tho??

I live to be model thin

Dress me up,

I'm your mannequin

#13 Nothingbutcoffee

Nothingbutcoffee

Sage

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

No one said it was tho??

I wasn't attacking anyone. I just wanted to add the egg issue because, at least in my country, easter eggs are even more popular and more associated with Easter than the "easter lamb" is.

#14 urfavtranny

urfavtranny

Sage

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

I wasn't attacking anyone. I just wanted to add the egg issue because, at least in my country, easter eggs are even more popular and more associated with Easter than the "easter lamb" is.

ah same

(Actually idk anyone who eats lamb but I don't rly know anyone outside my fanily soo)

I live to be model thin

Dress me up,

I'm your mannequin

#15 HypocrisyOfTheHeart

HypocrisyOfTheHeart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:53 AM

I remember opening the fridge two Easters ago and seeing a lambs leg in there – it shocked me so much I started crying out of anger and sadness – I refused to eat with my family around meat cantered celebrations from that point on. This Easter they all ate vegan <3

• round2 likes this

5ft 11"

SW: 210

CW: 186.4

GW: 140

UGW: 128

Vegan

#16 pinksugar23

pinksugar23

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Locationsomewhere :)

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:33 AM

Yeah I agree with you 100%
If you say that you promote and support kindness, then leave cruelty off your plate!
Hypocrites everywhere.
  • round2 likes this
♡cw: 74kgs♡
♡gw1:70kgs♡
♡gw2:65kgs♡
♡gw3:60kgs♡
♡gw4:55kgs♡
♡gw5:50kgs♡
♡UGW:45kgs♡

… We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.
《PINK SUGAR》

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vegan, vegetarian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users