PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

when do you stop getting your period?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 heyheyyouu

heyheyyouu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

Okay i have lost about 15 pounds since starting my calorie counting and all. I am not underweight yet, but i think i lost my period. Im scared that it will just come in the middle of class one day because it doesnt seem like its coming. Do u necessarily have to be underweight for it to stop or just by not eating enough?

#2 Castrofreak

Castrofreak

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

You can lose it even when you're at a healthy weight. It's about the lack of calories, not your weight. But some are lucky enough to never lose their period (like me). I never lost it, even at my lowest weight of 90.

26720115.png

I never meant to hurt nobody, no. I only meant to do this to myself, to myself.

#3 punkpanda

punkpanda

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

It depends on the body fat percentage... When that is low enough your periode is stopping. But it can have other reasons too, that it doesnt appear (stress, hormones, pregnancy).

"SW": 265

CW: 261

1GW: 260

reward: the new children of Bodom CD

#4 e s k i m o

e s k i m o

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationspace

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

i was at a healthy weight but my hormones were imbalanced from purging and restricting.  it really depends on your body

#5 Playing_with_Matches

Playing_with_Matches

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

nah i lose my periods really easily. when i was in the binge starve binge starve cycle my weight got stuck at 115lb (low end of healthy but not underweight) and i didn't have one for over a year.

Cw: 110lbs

Lw: 95lbs

Gw 1: 105

Gw 2: 98lbs

UGW: 84lbs

#6 melodramaticprincess

melodramaticprincess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

On top of all the other factors, everybody is different. My BMI was 14.8 and I still had my period. I also never thought I was "really sick" because I still had my period - just putting it out there, having a period or not having it is not an indicator of the severity of an eating disorder. :) 

My period became really irregular - if you are worried about the embarrassment of getting it in class, maybe start wearing liners? 

(¯`v´¯)
 `·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨)
 (¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸.·¨¯`♥  мelodʀaмatic Pʀiɳcess  

#7 Maja

Maja

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

I'm wondering..
..if your period stops, can you get pregnant (or will it be destroyed, not able to be pregnant ever again)?
Can it come back?
I really want to have kids before 30' if I could choose, but I want to ben skinnier too..
(CW 50kg/H 164cm)

.png

#8 Castrofreak

Castrofreak

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

I'm wondering..
..if your period stops, can you get pregnant (or will it be destroyed, not able to be pregnant ever again)?
Can it come back?
I really want to have kids before 30' if I could choose, but I want to ben skinnier too..
(CW 50kg/H 164cm)

If your period stops, you cannot get pregnant until your period resumes. You have periods due to ovulations, so if you're not getting your period, you're not ovulating, which means you can't get pregnant. But, if you were to start your period again, you could get pregnant. But before you try to get pregnant, you should start eating more before then. But just because you lose your period, that doesn't mean you can't ever get pregnant, or that you lose the ability to get pregnant. Your best bet is to go to the gyno and get your fertility checked.

26720115.png

I never meant to hurt nobody, no. I only meant to do this to myself, to myself.

#9 skinny_licious

skinny_licious

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

I lost my period about two months ago. By then I ate less than 500 calories for weeks without binging. But my period is back now and I hate it..

Height: 5'2.5

HW: 124 lbs

LW: 108 lbs

CW: 111.5 lbs

GW1: 110 lbs

GW2: 100 lbs

GW3: 95 lbs

UGW: 90 lbs

#10 loseitallagain

loseitallagain

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

Super early. It's been gone for 5 months now, ha. I do have a naturally lower BF% than most people, though. I suspect that might have a bit to do with it. Yeah, we're all different!

I wish mine wouldn't go so easily, though. 

5'7

LW 72

HW/SW 170

CW 119

32-24-34

GW1 125 - REACHED!

GW3 110 

GW4 95 

UGW 90

#11 punkpanda

punkpanda

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

Castrofreak already explained it pretty good, just wanted to say that it can make you infertile when you don't have your periode for a long time. Often expecially when it is just for a short time you don't have problems later or when you've them you will just expierience it as getting harder pregnant. But it damages your uterus when it doesnt have enough nutrition to function properly. So when it get damaged to much you can get infertile.

"SW": 265

CW: 261

1GW: 260

reward: the new children of Bodom CD

#12 LifeInNumbers

LifeInNumbers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

There's not really an exact science to when or why you lose your period....In the past I've been as low as 84 and still had it (never had it lower than that though), but right now I don't have it and I'm 101...still in the healthy range...Actually, I haven't had a period since December (which of course makes me paranoid) and I have been as high as 106 since then.

Height : 5'2"

CW : 104.0 (6/13/13)

HW : 115

LW : 77

Days under 1200 calories - 2 (starting 6/10/13)

#13 99lbs

99lbs

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

Mine stopped at 130lb and went bye-byes for four years thanks to crash dieting and going 30lbs under that.

June challenge: http://www.myproana....-sign-ups-open/  sign ups are open until midnight 31st May!  :wub:

Moi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/99lbthin

June Challenge hashtag: https://twitter.com/...llenge&src=hash

June Challenge Twitter people: https://twitter.com/...-june-challenge - let me know if you want to be on it! x

June Challenge chat room: http://www.myproana....chatroom/?id=17

June Challenge group progress: https://docs.google....VHc&usp=sharing

Kik: 99lbthin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users