About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to be feminine?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 StayGolden

StayGolden

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

Like, I always see those girls/women who are SO polished and girly, cute, feminine, bright..I never feel feminine because I tend to wear anything practical/whatever keeps me warm enoug, mostly neutral colours, and it's not worth it for me to always dress up and do my hair and whatever..but I so wish I was one of those chicks who look like it's so effortless and easy and they probably just pee glitter and smell like candy strawberry all day. How to they do it? I'm trying to get inspired by russian girls atm because they seem to be always styled, their culture does emphasize beauty and femininity more I guess.

Any of you guys have ideas?

• Misa-chan_kira2 and elma-emmers like this

#2 Wannabeskinnyxx

Wannabeskinnyxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

Your posture and walk. 

#3 Retard_Rachelle

Retard_Rachelle

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationIn a trash

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

Wearing dresses

Plus, it will make you look better. Every girl look better in dress 

#4 mellybabydoll

mellybabydoll

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationNashville, for now.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

It's a mindset.

Also, start taking care of your body really well.

Polish your nails, scrub your body, put on perfume (this is a big one, it will transform you)

put on some makeup, lotion, be aware of your body, how you're sitting, standing, posing.

Read ettiquette books etc..

• StayGolden likes this

tumblr_mdpx7drNoq1ql31t3o1_500.gif

#5 Geranium

Geranium

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationThe bridge between reality and fantasy

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

I'm usually what everyone labels as "girly" or "feminine", but usually people get quite annoyed by it....

So it's nice to see people appreciating this kind of style<3

Anyways, my answer for you is that they do it by loving it. Looking this way is something that some girls really enjoy and makes it feel more like themselves, so looking like this probably is effortless for the simple reason that they like putting the time into it.

It's a mindset.

^^^^It really is, actually!

If you love dressing and looking this sort of way, than it's like a pleasure to put the time into it  :)

This answer probably wasn't very satisfying, but it's the best that i can say. I wish you good luck<3 :wub:

• mellybabydoll and Valerie98 like this

SW: 126 lbs (right before the first time I decided to purge)   HW: 163 lbs (first recovery attempt)   LW: 78 lbs (danger zone... hospitalization)

CW: Not allowed to use scales atm

GW1: ***

GW2: ***

GW3: ***

GW4: ***

GW5: ***

GW6: ***

UGW: 83 lbs

tumblr_m4p7b2wlMU1qhcwdio1_500.gif

#6 StayGolden

StayGolden

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

It's a mindset.

Also, start taking care of your body really well.

Polish your nails, scrub your body, put on perfume (this is a big one, it will transform you)

put on some makeup, lotion, be aware of your body, how you're sitting, standing, posing.

Read ettiquette books etc..

thanks! I have one really weird question but you seem like you would be a person who'd know an answer lol: when you use scented lotions, shower gel, perfume and all that, do you make sure they are all the same company/harmonic? Or just anything you like? I have a great 'feminine' deodorant and I'm thinking of getting a girly perfume tomorrow and some new shower gel, does it even matter if they are different or is it okay as they all smell good? lol sorry for this weirdness :D

• mellybabydoll likes this

#7 mellybabydoll

mellybabydoll

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationNashville, for now.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

thanks! I have one really weird question but you seem like you would be a person who'd know an answer lol: when you use scented lotions, shower gel, perfume and all that, do you make sure they are all the same company/harmonic? Or just anything you like? I have a great 'feminine' deodorant and I'm thinking of getting a girly perfume tomorrow and some new shower gel, does it even matter if they are different or is it okay as they all smell good? lol sorry for this weirdness :D

It depends on the day, sometimes I like to match and sometimes I just use a bunch of stuff and smell like a mixture. If I do mix I do try to keep

it still in harmony - like floral + woods, floral + citrus, woods + vanilla, that kind of thing. :)

tumblr_mdpx7drNoq1ql31t3o1_500.gif

#8 StayGolden

StayGolden

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

It depends on the day, sometimes I like to match and sometimes I just use a bunch of stuff and smell like a mixture. If I do mix I do try to keep

it still in harmony - like floral + woods, floral + citrus, woods + vanilla, that kind of thing. :)

thank you alot :))

#9 Guest_pinkbatman33369_*

Guest_pinkbatman33369_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

Its a mindset. The way you feel effects the way you walk and stand and act in general

#10 Valerie98

Valerie98

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

Outsides from being in the state of mind, try studying actresses from the 1950 like Marilyn Monroe or Brigitte Bardot. Look at how they speak, walk, dress ect. and try to imitate.

Sent from my A460T using Tapatalk

#11 Titania

Titania

The Crystal Galaxy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,502 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

Wear brighter colors
Put good-smelling lotion after showers
Take care of your nails and paint them. You don't have to get acrylics.
Wear body spray or perfume
Wear dresses and skirts at least sometimes
Wear jewelry. Doesn't have to be expensive jewelry. A pretty necklace and/or bracelets and earrings make a big difference.
Take care of your hair and skin
You don't have to wear makeup, but a lip color will make you look more girly. Maybe a little mascara if you feel like it.
  • StayGolden and Valerie98 like this
z58ebf0fe926bb.gif
b5bc22a631314b654c1502dce1c24e4a.pngKbwYt.gifOByOW.gifFpPsQ.gifDZZEU.gifG4NYF.gifNROnH.gif

5'1.5 101 lbs

Glitter text maker! : http://glittertextma...t-new/index.php

#12 peachyghost

peachyghost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

watch lots of movies with audrey hepburn and grace kelly, read lots of elegance blogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 Rose Woods

Rose Woods

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationA lovely house in the country side.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:30 AM

To all of the above I could add:

1) the most important thing is how you act when you're alone, and nobody can see you. Dress up for yourself, look beautiful for yourself, put on makeup, and be ladylike especially when you don't have any "witnesses". The more you practice this, the more natural you get.

2) sit up straight, make your movements gentle and deliberate - don't fidget. Look people steadily in the eyes. And if you want a person to open the door for you, hesitate just for a second, and he/she/they will read it, I promise you. 

3) whenever it's cold enough, wear gloves. Next to sunglasses, they are the perfect fashion accessory. Gloves hold a great power - you can take them off for a handshake and let someone touch your bare skin, or you might not. Similarly with sunglasses - you can give someone the privilege/intimacy of seeing your eyes or not. 

• StayGolden and pre-apocalypse like this

Summer surprised us, coming over the Starnbergersee 

With a shower of rain; we stopped in the colonnade, 
And went on in sunlight, into the Hofgarten, 
And drank coffee, and talked for an hour. 
                  5'6   92lbs

#14 Fatsarih

Fatsarih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

God bless this post <3

HW: 141  CW: 136  Height: 5'2 

GW1: 130  GW2: 120  GW3: 110  UGW: 100

#15 *mirror*image*

*mirror*image*

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:09 AM

Bath a lot and smell good!!.. Pop on lipstick and wear floral skirts..

You could easily be minimalistic feminine though ironically it does take some work/strategizing..

#16 Broken Princess

Broken Princess

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMallaig

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:28 AM

I wanna be feminine! Struggling with it as I'm trans girl...

#17 Misa-chan_kira2

Misa-chan_kira2

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

It's my goal to be ultra feminine but I always feel like I need to lose more before I put my plans into action and buy dresses and such

#18 Elf Satan

Elf Satan

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

watch lots of movies with audrey hepburn and grace kelly, read lots of elegance blogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HEY!!! i know this is like four days later but im always looking for new elegance blogs so could you rec me your faves???? thanks fam

• totallydelusional likes this

despite everything, it's still you

undertale challenge

#19 totallydelusional

totallydelusional

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:36 PM

Definitely watch videos about etiquette and grace youtube! They're fun to watch and practice. There are lots of simple things you can implement into your daily life like sitting properly or getting in and out of the car gracefully and it makes a big difference in the way you feel.

As far as appearance goes, I think having nicely styled hair and clean or done nails are important (hair is more important than makeup ever is in my opinion). My favorite super easy hairstyle is to use a straightener to curl in the ends of my hair. It's easy, but it looks very put together.

(P.S. If anyone has any elegance blogs to recommend please let me know, I'm interested!)

5'4

sw: 118

gw 1: 115

gw 2: 110

UGW: 104 ~ 108?

:wub: 

#20 Misa-chan_kira2

Misa-chan_kira2

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

Definitely watch videos about etiquette and grace youtube! They're fun to watch and practice. There are lots of simple things you can implement into your daily life like sitting properly or getting in and out of the car gracefully and it makes a big difference in the way you feel.

As far as appearance goes, I think having nicely styled hair and clean or done nails are important (hair is more important than makeup ever is in my opinion). My favorite super easy hairstyle is to use a straightener to curl in the ends of my hair. It's easy, but it looks very put together.

(P.S. If anyone has any elegance blogs to recommend please let me know, I'm interested!)

Sorry to be dumb but can you post links to any good YouTube vids? Like about etiquette and grace and stuff... I tried looking it up and I got some weird irrelevant stuff. Maybe I'm just stupid but it would be really helpful. Thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users