About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

introducing myself

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Angelaz

Angelaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:32 PM

Hi all! I'm new here, but have come to this website off and on just to read. I'm currently frustrated beyond belief at how I look. I know I'm not in my 20 s anymore, but somehow I have really let myself go and I need to do something about it pronto. When I was younger I did struggle with anorexia and bulimia. Back then it was pretty extreme. Now that I'm older I know better than to let it get to that point. I'm sure I'm not the only one who understands that you do learn some valuable tools about losing weight when you are in the middle of an eating disorder. I learned that I'm stronger than I think and I am capable of doing more than I think. Somewhere along the line I lost that knowledge and I found myself getting depressed and gaining weight and feeling powerless. It is my hope that I can join together with all of you and gaining some self-confidence and better body image along with making some new friends. Today I sent some solid goals and I think I finally reached a point where I'm willing to work hard enough to reach them. I'm hoping coming here will help me and then I'll be able to help you out too! I'm a mom with 6 kids at home and a really great husband. I'm 5 foot 4 weighing in at 139 which is the most I've ever weighed other than my pregnancies. I'm really tired of hating how I look and I look forward to getting to know you all and moving toward my goal
  • Toooldtofeelthis, Dyrne and ACE500 like this

#2 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

Hi - I just wanted to welcome you here.

• ACE500 likes this

Don't get stuck in the paralysis of perfection.

Binge Free since April 4, 2017.  Seeking happiness and freedom from binge-eating.

CW = 134 3/24/17    135  3/22/17        //   UGW = 115  (by July/August)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  50 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

#3 CrazyDoc

CrazyDoc

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:18 AM

Hi, Angelaz. I'm CD. Nice to meet you :)

• ACE500 likes this

πŸŽΌπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ… Need a dose of gut-splitting, musical Christmas cheer with an ED spin? Clickeroo. πŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ…πŸŽΌπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆ

#4 s4a

s4a

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

Hello it's nice to meet you. I do understand about being a functioning anorexic. I always did enough to where I didn't make myself too sick. I always rode that fine line. Now in my older years I don't want to be at a point of being in the hospital. I just want to get to a point where my clothes fit better and I don't feel like such a lard ass. What does suck is that I was becoming a fitness coach and I know they are healthier ways to lose weight and get in shape but it seems I can't do those things right now because I have nowhere to exercise and we really don't have the money to buy much food or anything. So I'm kind of pushed into this again. Along with some other issues it's causing self-hatred again. Anyway sorry to ramble a nice to meet you!
  • ACE500 likes this

~s4a

6 feet tall

LW:  BMI 15.2

HW: BMI 26.0 sigh pathetic me

CW:  need to weigh myself, thinking BMI 22 range

GW: BMI 17.6

#5 Lilrebelchick1

Lilrebelchick1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

Hello I'm a married mom to 4 kids (18,17,4,3) I'm 43. I'm 5'5 and 152 as of this morning weight is stalled at the moment ugh. My GW is 125. Living in Tennessee
  • ACE500 likes this

#6 NattieNat

NattieNat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:10 AM

Hello everybody, I guess this is the forum I will feel most comfortable in. I am 52, just weighed myself this morning and I am utterly disgusted with the results...I have put on 8.5 kgs (do we have to talk in lbs here?) In the space of a year, due to restricting, then binging, then purging. Not working, clearly. I've been reading on this site for about a week, and I do feel it has helped me stick to my guns the last 3 days, to stay at 800 cals per day, and keep my step level at 20,000 per day. Anyhow, hi all.
  • ACE500 likes this
Height: 5ft2.5
CW: 57.3 kg / 126 lb
LW: 49 / 108
GW: 50 / 110
UGW: 48 / 105

#7 thinstrument

thinstrument

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

Hi ho and howdy all!

• ACE500 likes this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#8 Angelaz

Angelaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

How great to meet some like minded people. :)
  • ACE500 likes this

#9 Toooldtofeelthis

Toooldtofeelthis

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationEast coast United states

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:59 AM

Welcome everyone is kind and supportive here. Sometimes a little slower than the other boards, but a lot of the time I think we're all busy "lifting". Having other responsibilities to attend to. I'm 44, married, a registered nurse at an inpatient psychiatric facility (see the humor in that?),4kids 23,22,16,14, 2 grandsons 2 and 6 months. I've always been borderline, for some reason since last July a switch flipped in my head and I've been having the most disordered thoughts and behaviors of my whole life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Margay, Angelaz and ACE500 like this
44 years old

5'1.5

HW 175
SW 173 July 11,2016
CW 102
GW1 130 by Christmas Goal met
10\10\16
GW 2 120 by Christmas Goal Met
11\21\16
GW 3 110 by Valentine's Goal Met
2\3\17
GW 4 105 by Easter Goal Met 3/17/17
GW 5 100 by Memorial Day
GW 6 97 by 7/11/17 then maintain

My accountability, http://www.myproana....…-by-christmas/

#10 Dyrne

Dyrne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIn the Forest

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

Welcome!

I think all of us can certainly relate to what you said.  You are in the right place.  Glad to have you with us. :)

• ACE500 likes this

5'2"

HW: 156

LW: 72

CW: 147

GW 1: 140

GW 2: 130

GW 3: 120

GW 4: 100

UGW: 95

#11 ACE500

ACE500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNC, USA.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:55 AM

Hi, I am new here as well, this is the first time I have ever communicated on this or any form about eating disorders. You are truly brave to openly put your story out there so give yourself a pat on the back for your courageous spirit!!  I am very private regarding my struggle...my VERY long struggle!  However I am hoping to make some connections here to hopefully see that I am not alone...because it has always felt that way. 

#12 ACE500

ACE500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNC, USA.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

As I am reviewing the content on this site I realize I will have to educate myself a bit on what the acronyms stand for ect.  Also I am getting the impression I should share body information.  Forgive my ignorance in advance, this is my first experience using a form to communicate with others regarding eating disorders.  Yes I have read all the rules & they are reasonable & basically boil down to respect which I would never conduct myself in any other manner.  So I am giving this a shot... I suffer from Anorexia Nervosa & it has been a part of my life for 25+ years , I am female, I am 5'9", currently 118.4lbs, about 20-25 lbs above my usual weight.  I hope to meet some great people to create a support system of peers who are of similar age and lifestyle to lift one another up & hopefully not feel so alone in my disorder.  Still scared to post a picture though.

• Angelaz likes this

#13 Angelaz

Angelaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

I dont think you need to share anything here that you aren't comfortable with.
I think in my life my eating disorder issues rear their heads at different times. Different stressors set me off. Do you think getting older and finding new things you dislike about your body sets us off? I'm thinking for me this feeling of disgust over my older body has sparked the same strong reaction of feeling out of control and angry at my lack of discipline that I have had in my past.
  • ACE500 likes this

#14 ACE500

ACE500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNC, USA.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:23 AM

Yes Angelaz, unfortunately getting older has been triggering more restriction in addition to other new triggers that come with becoming a more mature woman.  I feel like as if I'm loosing the little bit of control I was hanging on to & struggling intensely to let it go for my health & well-being.  I'm still fighting though & hoping to find (& give) new strength from others who are or have been down the lonely road "posted with signs" of eating disorders & are still marching on or even better may have finally found another path!

• Angelaz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users