About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Warning about egg monos! (Tmi)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 9899

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Okay, some time ago I decided to try an egg mono because I had heard about people having great results with it.
For lunch I had two eggs and about an hour later I had another one. Then my stomach started hurting SO MUCH.... and later I started burping and burping and fuuuuck I couldnt stop. At dinner I ate a little something (I dont remember what but it wasnt eggs and it was a small portion) and went to sleep hoping it would all go away. The next morning my stomach hurt just as bad if not even more, I kept burping and now my burps smelled and tasted SO BAD FOR FUCK SAKE I CANT EVEN DESCRIBE IT!! I didnt wanna go to school not because of how fucking much pain I was feeling but because I was afraid of what people might think when they smelled me.
I did my mini research online and it was sulphur burps. Look it up. Not cute.
I stayed home, ate very little and very healthy and it slowly went away (it took at least three days to stop burping).
Also! All the eggs I ate were fresh and I didnt have any allergies. A few weeks later oh silly me decided to try it again and the whole thing happened again. BUT!!! I was so mad that as soon as I felt better I had a "free" (binge tbh) day. AND THE WHOME THING HAPPENED AGAIN AND I DIDNT EVEN EAT ANY EGGS!!!!! And then I felt SOOOOOO bad that I had to take medications for at least a week and my stomach was sensitive as fuck for the next month.
I also tried some "homemade remedies" trying to make it go away but they didnt do much.
I swear to jesus I will never do that shit again.
Anyways... keep in mind that this does not happen to many people (not that i've heard of) but if you are doing an egg mono and you start feeling a little pain in your belly, a lil burpy a lil farty FOR JESUS FUCKS STOP RIGHT THERE BECAUSE I CANT EXPLAIN HOW BAD THAT SHIT WAS
B E L I E V E M E ! ! ! !
I will try to look up some stuff that might help prevent/ease the pain/smell/all that but for now pray to god for a lil mercy

kiki (he/him) 18

accountability

#2 lily4

lily4

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

I think the affects of the eggs on a diet differs from person to person...I tried it and it went great...aldough i still don't notice much diference in my body but a bloated belly(fourth day)..but i still haven´t weight myself so..

Height- 5.8

Hw-138.6

Cw-138.6  <_< 
Gw1-121  :) 

#3 Polar_

Polar_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:27 AM

Could you have some sort of intolerance to eggs? I don't think that 3 eggs could do that without there being some sort of allergy or something icky about the eggs. Food poisoning? Though sulphur burps don't sound too good either. 

Hope your feeling ok. Maybe stay away from eggs ;)

17, Australian, AN

CW: 102 (BMI 17)

GW : Sane

#4 bunnybummy

bunnybummy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:01 AM

From only 3 eggs? Think there's something more to the story here.

HW: 73.4kg

GW1: 60kg

GW2: 55kg

GW3: 50kg

UGW: 45kg

Currently on a ~1000 calorie a day diet

#5 niallhoran

niallhoran

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,590 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:15 PM

Sounds like you have an intolerance to eggs. I do to too though because I experienced similar side effects! I hate eggs tbh lol

Spoiler

#6 fueledbycaffeine

fueledbycaffeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

I've never tried an egg mono but even eating ONE egg tends to make me bloat, so I believe you...

17 · 5'7 · CW: 135  :(  · GW: 110

#7 cashewmilks

cashewmilks

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

they made my farts smell like egg
  • BleachedChrysanthemum and shikatsu like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users