About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Always eating the same food - does it get boring?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cemetry

Cemetry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

(Don't know if this is the right forum...)

I am eating basically the same thing every day. I make a huge vegetable stir-fry in the evening, eat 2/3  of it then, 1/3 of it the next day for lunch. Both times with a protein shake.

It's not always made with exactly the same vegetables (although there's pretty much always a zucchino in there), the spices aren't always the same (although it's always hot), I have three different flavours of protein shakes. 

I'm quite content with my food. It's been working great for the past few weeks. But I get comments from other people (my mum, my co-workers) - "You always eat the same!". And weirdly enough "No. Today's has broccoli in it, yesterday's didn't!" doesn't satisfy them.

Do you think eating this way gets boring after a while? Does anyone of you always eat the same thing?

• DuckyShincracker likes this

HW: 137kg - SW: 121kg - CW: 109kg - 1GW: 90kg (no longer obese)

giphy.gif

#2 DuckyShincracker

DuckyShincracker

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:22 AM

I think life would be easier if I ate the same things every day but I just can't. I need variety. Sometimes I'll get on a kick with the same snack a few days in a row or the same breakfast (when I was still eating breakfast) but lunch and dinner have to be different every single day. It's definitely more expensive and stressful, but less boring I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

weight.png

Height: 5'4 / 64 inches
GW1: 125 lbs / 56.6 kg / BMI 21.5 (normal)
GW2: 116 lbs / 52.6 kg / BMI 19.9 (normal)

BiPolar II, Atypical AN, Anxiety, Insomnia, Borderline OCD

Accountability

#3 Aliii

Aliii

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

I usually eat the same meal until I get sick of it. I only try a new recipe maybe every month or so. 

• BrunetteLady likes this

#4 slowdownbreathe

slowdownbreathe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:41 AM

I used to eat basically the same thing everyday. I would eat a cup of fruit in the morning (either watermelon or peaches), a cup of raw vegetables at lunch (usually zucchini or broccoli), and a cup of pasta for dinner. Like you , the baseline of the meals were always the same but the details weren't. I never got bored and i ate like this for a few months. I only stopped because I just couldn't sustain it anymore because of scheduling issues and stress eating. 

#5 saigo

saigo

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:05 AM

Nar I've been eating iceberg lettuce & eggwhites almost every day for years & years, not sick of it yet, love it. As a kid I even adored lettuce.

• tuff_muff likes this

#6 Cemetry

Cemetry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:50 AM

For me, this way of cooking/eating takes out a lot of uncertainty. I know what I'll have for dinner/lunch That's it. No "Well, I could cook xy or abc." - which would inevitably end up at the supermarket buying a shitton of calories...

Plus - I'm not really that good at cooking. So, there's that...

giphy.gif

#7 BrunetteLady

BrunetteLady

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

I usually eat the same meal until I get sick of it. I only try a new recipe maybe every month or so.

I do the same thing. I get fixated on a certain meal and that's all i want. It typically lasts between 4-7 days. It may vary a bit as far as ingredients, but it's the same. Last week it was Veggie Delight sub from Subway. I'm vegan so no cheese or sauce/dressing--just vegetables. I might add or subtract spicey peppers or cukes, but the base sandwich is the same. Another week it might be Amy's brand soup--i switch around different flavors but always the same ones.
  • Aliii likes this

#8 slightly-psychotic

slightly-psychotic

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

Yeah I usually eat the same thing until I'm over it. So I guess it does get boring. But. Oh well.

People commenting on my food would piss me off.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

i-expect-nothing-and-im-still-let-down_ztumblr_inline_ohughiIw5f1qgoyli_500_zpsndcfa365516105722a5fc20118b77b83a_zps8b2b

#9 Cemetry

Cemetry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:08 PM

People commenting on my food would piss me off.

It does annoy me. But since I tend to bite back, it's okay. Germans tend not to be too polite...  ;)

• slightly-psychotic likes this

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users