About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Reverse laxatives: diarrhea blockers/loperamide?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 a_creep

a_creep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:11 AM

I wonder if anyone has experience using loperamide or similar diarrhea blockers to delay the passing of food from the stomach to the intestine?

My goal is to buy more binge time. After eating very little during the day and then binging in the evening, it seems that the food is getting digested very quickly (high blood sugar, need to shit), even if I eat a lot of veggies first.

Some info:

Loperamide works by slowing down the activity of your bowel. This reduces the speed at which the contents pass through, and so food remains in your intestines for longer. This allows more water to be absorbed back into your body and results in firmer stools that are passed less often.

I can't find good information on whether these meds only affect the large intestine (the one responsible mainly for removing water) or also the small one (the one connected to your stomach and responsible for carb/nutrient absorption). Does anyone know more about this?

Me at the buffet:

Spoiler

#2 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:41 AM

I wonder if anyone has experience using loperamide or similar diarrhea blockers to delay the passing of food from the stomach to the intestine?

My goal is to buy more binge time. After eating very little during the day and then binging in the evening, it seems that the food is getting digested very quickly (high blood sugar, need to shit), even if I eat a lot of veggies first.

Some info:

I can't find good information on whether these meds only affect the large intestine (the one responsible mainly for removing water) or also the small one (the one connected to your stomach and responsible for carb/nutrient absorption). Does anyone know more about this?

Okay so they are known as 'bulkers'

I wouldn't suggest playing about with your digestive tract even more...

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

DOCTORR.jpg <-- I made a thing and I love it.

Gold stars for anyone who knows the reference ;)
HW 137LB
LW 75LB ♡
116LB
114.5LB
110LB
106LB

108LB

CW 105.4LB
GW 90LB

#3 Eïi

Eïi

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • LocationHidden Sand Village (Sunagakure)

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

Yeah but the more time the food is in your intestines the more time it has to absorb the calories out of it... sure constipation reduces appetite but is it really worth it?

• a_creep likes this

Wait until you can really appreciate it

My personality type is:

INFJ-A

VEGAN

stats & about me in spoiler

Spoiler

#4 inmygut

inmygut

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:16 PM

If you ruin your colon you are going to be in a diaper.

I know this is tempting, but I really would caution against this. :( please stay safe.
And I say, Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest;
yes, I would wander far away;
I would lodge in the wilderness..."

#5 a_creep

a_creep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

Yeah but the more time the food is in your intestines the more time it has to absorb the calories out of it... sure constipation reduces appetite but is it really worth it?

You are right, but my hope is to stop more food from getting to the intestine in the first place, because it's happening way too fast during my b/p sessions.

Me at the buffet:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users