Hello! I am still new to mpa so please excuse me if I am not writing this in the correct location.
I am currently composing a research paper for my English class and in addition to other academic sources we are to include, I am required to interview someone to support my stance anecdotally.
Basically, I am writing my paper on how the diet industry is failing due to the misuse of the traditional weight-loss programs as well as other reasons. I am mentioning fitspo/thinspo, for example. But for the purpose of this post, I need someone, or multiple people, who can provide me with some information about how their initial use of commercial weight-loss programs either 1) triggered their eating disorder or 2) brought back their eating disorder. If either of these sound like you, please provide me as detailed as possible responses to the following questions.
NOTE: I will NOT include your username or the origin of these answers in my paper. (Trust me, I do not want my Professor to know that I use this site or that I myself struggle with an eating disorder... Lol). I will only say that I interviewed a dieter whose use of a commercial diet turned for the worse.
1. What commercial weight-loss program/diet plan have you tried? (If you have done multiple, include the one that may have resulted in your ED most)
2. Why did you initially decide to engage in this particular diet?
3. What was your experience with the diet?
4. How did it trigger disordered eating in you? (How has your eating disorder manifested?)
5. Would you ever try a different weight-loss program? Why/why not?
6. How do you view the diet industry today? Is it a good or bad thing for people?
THANK YOU so much! Again, remember, this is all anonymous for my sake as much as your own haha. Have a great day!