About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Vitamins for studying and metabolism boost ?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 makemehappy123

makemehappy123

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:02 AM

I was wondering what are the best multivitamins or vitmains that could help me concentrate while studying and also give my metabolism a little boost
Thanks for answering xx

#2 sixdollardress

sixdollardress

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

Green tea pills are good - there is some evidence that they aid fat burning, and they have caffeine in them (the ones I have have as much as 1 no-doz) which will improve concentration and act as an appetite suppressant in the same way that coffee does. 

• affamée and makemehappy123 like this

YJ3GBJU.jpg

“The difference between how you look and how you see yourself is enough to kill most people.” - Chuck Palahniuk

- Accountability -

#3 makemehappy123

makemehappy123

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:34 AM

Green tea pills are good - there is some evidence that they aid fat burning, and they have caffeine in them (the ones I have have as much as 1 no-doz) which will improve concentration and act as an appetite suppressant in the same way that coffee does.

Ohh thank you I'll see if I can put my hands on them (:

#4 europhoricdesire

europhoricdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:43 PM

they kind of made me feel like shit, those green tea pills. possible also cause i don't eat much so not good if you do that! 

• makemehappy123 likes this

ht: 5'9"

hw: 140

SW: 132

CW: 127

GW1: 120

GW2:  115

GW3: 110

#5 makemehappy123

makemehappy123

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:17 AM

they kind of made me feel like shit, those green tea pills. possible also cause i don't eat much so not good if you do that!

Awh really ? Thanks for warning

#6 Little Spook

Little Spook

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

~Natural herbal Guarana supplement

~B12 vitamins

~A multivitamin containing Chromium

~A B complex vitamin supplement is p good too

~Vitamin C, or citrus such as lemon juice, are also good energizers in addition to B vitamins

#7 hellman

hellman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

~Natural herbal Guarana supplement
~B12 vitamins
~A multivitamin containing Chromium
~A B complex vitamin supplement is p good too
~Vitamin C, or citrus such as lemon juice, are also good energizers in addition to B vitamins

All good vitamins!!!! B vitamins are super important, however if you're deficient in them, taking them will make you hungry. Have them with a meal that's good and satiating.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
  • Little Spook and makemehappy123 like this

#8 Little Spook

Little Spook

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Oh! I forgot to mention that Guarana also improves focus and memory, plus, many people have stated that it helps them with their weight loss! It's found in many energy drinks such as Rockstar and Monster! As for drinking energy drinks for a boost though, I have to say monster has the least "boost" effect. I have found the sugar free, 240mg caffeine Rockstars to work the best for me.

#9 affamée

affamée

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Location'round the world

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

I love green tea pills! I'm very sensitive to caffeine so too much regular caffeine/coffee makes me an anxious wreck, but green tea supposedly has another compound in it (L-Theanine) that helps to take that "edge" off. My fave brand is Weyland Energy... super easy to get on Amazon and pretty reasonably priced for the amount you get. If I recall they're 200 mg/pill, though like I said I'm super sensitive, so I usually bite/cut them in half.

• sixdollardress likes this

155 154 153 152 151 150

149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140

139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130

129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120

119 118 117 116 115

SW: 155  -  CW: 134.6  -  BMI: 21.7

GW1: 130 (BMI 21)  -  GW2: 124 (BMI 20)  -  GW3: 118  (BMI 19)  -  UGW: 115 (BMI 18.5)

Height: 5'6"  -  Gender: F

Status: relapsing on "purpose" (due to med-related gains)... but trying to keep it... healthy...ish?

♔ affamée: accountability of a vegetarian aid worker: from [REDACTED] to 115 ♔

#10 sixdollardress

sixdollardress

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

All good vitamins!!!! B vitamins are super important, however if you're deficient in them, taking them will make you hungry. Have them with a meal that's good and satiating.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Whoa, thanks for telling me! This has made a couple of recent binges make sense, I only seem to be binging when I remember to take my b vitamins.

YJ3GBJU.jpg

“The difference between how you look and how you see yourself is enough to kill most people.” - Chuck Palahniuk

- Accountability -

#11 makemehappy123

makemehappy123

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:33 AM

Oh! I forgot to mention that Guarana also improves focus and memory, plus, many people have stated that it helps them with their weight loss! It's found in many energy drinks such as Rockstar and Monster! As for drinking energy drinks for a boost though, I have to say monster has the least "boost" effect. I have found the sugar free, 240mg caffeine Rockstars to work the best for me.

I didn't know that ahah
Sadly they don't sell those where I live >.<

#12 Little Spook

Little Spook

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

Aw :c They have this awesome watermelon sugar free carb free flavor here at the convenience shop down the road from my house and I swear it tastes just like a candy! However, many health food and vitamin stores sell pure Guarana tablets, here they are 12$ for 100 tablets, and one tablet is a dose. Make SURE you get pure Guarana, cheap "energy pills" tend to have synthetic ingredients with more risky side effects. It's not as popular as green coffee bean supplements, but they are fairly easy to find if you look! Also, many reviews I've read say they work better anyway :)

#13 makemehappy123

makemehappy123

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:13 AM

Aw :c They have this awesome watermelon sugar free carb free flavor here at the convenience shop down the road from my house and I swear it tastes just like a candy! However, many health food and vitamin stores sell pure Guarana tablets, here they are 12$ for 100 tablets, and one tablet is a dose. Make SURE you get pure Guarana, cheap "energy pills" tend to have synthetic ingredients with more risky side effects. It's not as popular as green coffee bean supplements, but they are fairly easy to find if you look! Also, many reviews I've read say they work better anyway :)

Oh thank you (: I'll look for them

#14 igotfatagain

igotfatagain

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:46 AM

best pill In the world for helping you study is lions mane mushroom, you can also have it as a powder which you mix into coffee. my biology teacher swears by it, it increases nerve growth factor which allows your memory to improve and helps faster reactions in the brain including quicker memory recall. only take for a few months over the exam period though or I can make you feel like shit. Another thing to try is drinking Yerba maté tea. again recommended by my biology teacher helps you stay awake and improves concentration and has been noted to have an effect on memory however this is probably just due to how it improves concentration. hope this helped x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users