About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

splitting the male peer group subforum?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 harmless

harmless

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:36 AM

I think we should have a separate sub for trans (or lgbt topics in general?) people in the peer groups section. I'm not actually trans but to be entirely honest I just want them to stop using the male forum for trans things specifically. The whole males with EDs sub is trans people trying to connect with/talk to other trans people or bringing up topics specifically related to transition.

I understand that this is relevant and necessary for them but the males forum would be really useful for a lot of people who are not trans if it was split off. I've seen other guys complaining about this too, a lot of us don't go in there because it's really not ours.

By this I'm not saying that trans men aren't welcome in the male forum, because they are of course, but that topics specifically related to trans issues are overwhelming the topics that aren't and should probably be placed elsewhere.

• LostMyMindWhereIsIt likes this

23 MALE 5'3"

HW135 LW110 GW105 UGW95

Accountability

#2 LostMyMindWhereIsIt

LostMyMindWhereIsIt

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:51 AM

Maybe we need two more boards, one for trans women and one for trans men. Set it up so they are heavily encouraged to discuss trans matters and issues on those boards as opposed to other boards.

• harmless likes this

Spoiler

#3 harmless

harmless

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:31 PM

we could just push them into the minorities sub now that I think about it tbh, that's supposed to be a generalized sub for racial/religious/etc. minorities.

23 MALE 5'3"

HW135 LW110 GW105 UGW95

Accountability

#4 RockRabbit

RockRabbit

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

I'd be careful with the minorities sub forum - there seem to be people who go there just to jump on anyone representing a minority they disapprove of.

But I'm all for an LGBT etc forum, it's a really good idea.  I'm asexual myself.

#5 katsuhira

katsuhira

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts
  • Locationa small cabin in the woods, trying not to get murdered by irresponsible and bloodthirsty high school teachers

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

I'd be careful with the minorities sub forum - there seem to be people who go there just to jump on anyone representing a minority they disapprove of.

But I'm all for an LGBT etc forum, it's a really good idea.  I'm asexual myself.

...............We have one already

it is kinda hidden at the bottom of the page though, under "touching topics" along with SH, addiction, other mental illnesses, coping with abuse, and so on

link to it here

• RockRabbit likes this

tumblr_mrdwwdLnAT1ruhnpbo1_400.png

“They say I'm up and comin' like I'm fuckin' in an elevator.”

kacchon's thinspo

brain dead meme thread

tumblr_mrdwwwk2nc1ruhnpbo1_250.png

tumblr_o63v4rkNnr1qam6y9o4_540.gif

#6 harmless

harmless

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:51 AM

...............We have one already

it is kinda hidden at the bottom of the page though, under "touching topics" along with SH, addiction, other mental illnesses, coping with abuse, and so on

link to it here

I feel like shuffling them off to the Trauma Forum will be taken poorly tbh but it's worth a shot

23 MALE 5'3"

HW135 LW110 GW105 UGW95

Accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users