About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Hip Bursitis- What can I do!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tiff105

Tiff105

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:25 PM

In February I was in a minor car acc And from that I developed Hip Bursitis in my left hip. Being on crutches for a month straight has caused me to loose fitness levels and has caused issues in my other hip as well as shoulder.

I exercise about an hour one day a week. (running around a gym playing different games in sports class) Thats all i am able to do at once and then next day I am very sore.
Obviously thats an issue for anyone wanting to loose weight
Any exercises you guys know of that I could try?
Even if they don't work/cause too much pain, the suggestions will help. Anything not hip oriented should be fine because I can push though my shoulder issues.
I don't have any gym equipment or acess to one

#2 prudencep

prudencep

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

A few years ago I got pretty strong and toned doing body barre classes - there are quite a few youtube videos up now that you could try? Obviously some of the exercises you might need to cut out because of the hip issue, but there's a lot that you can just do with body weight and something to hold onto for balance (you don't need a barre) :)

#3 prudencep

prudencep

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:57 PM

This link has a few example videos https://www.brit.co/...-home-workouts/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users