About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Figure skating and bulimia

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andy Germanotta

Andy Germanotta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Locationthe puke land

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

well, in september i am starting my figure skating classes and i am so stressed because i think i'm too fat to be a figure skater 

i haven't lost weight this week even tho i've been purging almost all meals :c i feel so bad with myself. i just want to fast, purge and exercice, but i can't 

i feel that i am going to have a mental breakdown because of this shit

He/Him

H: 5'3

SW: 117 lbs (53.1kg) (25/03/17)

LW: 49kg 

CW: 119lbs (54kg) (20/05/17)

GW1: 105.8 lbs (48kg)

GW2: 99.2lbs (45kg) (such a dream...)

UGW: happiness

Binge Free Since: 20/05/17

Days without purging: 0

nope, mia is part of me.

#2 Icepiggy

Icepiggy

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

1. Anyone can be a figure skater. You are not too fat for any activity. You are beautiful and strong and your body deserves to keep food down.

2. Figure Skating burns Calories. If you continue to b/p while taking lessons, I would be afraid for your heart. Collapsing on the ice is no fun, the ice is hard and it leaves my hands raw from the tiny shards of ice shaved by razor blades. It's like coarsely ground glass that melts away. My hands are sore for days afterward. I can't imagine getting a concussion on the ice, it hurts my butt enough to fall lol but seriously please please be careful.

3. You have 3 months to lose weight if you want to. A healthy projection is probably a little more than 20 lbs that you can safely keep off. When I b/p'd nightly years ago, I ended up gaining. I b/p under prolonged stress now, but I try to avoid it because I force myself to log the Calories and then hate myself. It sounds like you don't like the feeling of food in you. Maybe if you eat small amounts during the day, you won't have that full feeling, and you'll be more likely to keep down healthy foods?

Don't sweat it, you will be a great figure skater!! There will be challenges but you are more than capable of handling them, especially if you are currently dealing with this. I hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
  • 堕天使 likes this

Daily Quote:

"If your car skids into oncoming traffic, and you die listening to The Archies sing "Sugar Sugar" it's your own damn laziness."

-Chuck Palahniuk, Rant

HT: 5'0"

CW:114

GW:    110 (-4)

GW:  100 (-14)

GW:    95 (-19)

UGW: 89 (-25)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users