PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

Pro Ana Tips and Tricks :)

Tips Proana Tricks

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#1 Dreamer_Em12

Dreamer_Em12

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationToronto Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

POPULAR

These tips aren't mine. I found them on another website.

Ana Tips - Meals Together

Here are just some tips for anyone who has people breathing down their necks or people watching them eat.

1. Ask a lot of questions. If you are trying to move the attention away from the food, getting them to answer questions is a great way. Ask them open ended questions so that they have a while to talk and a while to think about what they are going to say. That way, they won’t be looking at your food but they will be focusing on answering the questions. 
  2. Talk a lot. This one is simple. When you are talking, you aren’t eating. Hold the food up to your mouth and then say something as if you just remembered what you were going to say. That way, it looks like you were about to eat.
  3. Spit into napkins. Take a large mouthful of food, making sure that they see, and chew it up so that it is smaller. Then, wipe your mouth on the napkin, spitting the food into your napkin. Don’t use this as a go-to technique. This is just when you have a lot of food on your plate and need it to look like some of it is gone.
  4. Make your food look smaller. Either spread all of your food out so that it is thin, or bunch it all up in one place. That way, you plate looks less full. Your parents/whomever you are trying to hide ana from will be happy to see that you “ate” at least some of your food, so they won’t get upset that there is still some food on your plate.
  5. Offer them some of your food. I know that this may seem a little suspicious, but when you are out to eat and you have something else than them, you can ask “Do you want some of this? It’s so good, you have to try it.” Insist. Be confident.

*IF YOU HAVE MORE TIPS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE, PLEASE COMMENT THEM BELOW, THIS IS TO HELP EACH OTHER, SO GIVE, AND GET.*
I guess you all know water is your bestie. Drink AT LEAST 8 glasses of water, or a glass per hour.
-Cold water speeds up your metabolism.
-Hot water makes you full faster.
Have a sip of water between each bite, It will help you to fill up faster and won’t make you overeat.
If you are about to binge, count 1 to 100, this will distract your mind and turn it to a different direction so when you finish counting you will be able to tell if you really want to eat or not.
You can also drink a glass of water fast, you’ll be all disgusted and the impulse of eating will go away.
You can also brush your teeth, chew a non-calorie gum or a pepermint. Do you really want to mess up your perfect mouth? And if you still feel like it, give it a bite. Good? I don’t think so, your mouth will be all minty and food will actually taste bad.
If you are REALLY willing to eat something, go to the kitchen, prepare it and chew it. BUT you have to split it out. And you should know that once food it’s in your mouth, you gain the 15% of the calories in it.
Don’t eat before going to sleep because you burn 100 calories while sleeping and if you have some snacks before that you will have to burn it, and other stuff you didn’t burned earlier on the day so you’ll actually are putting weigh for the next morning.
ALWAYS get 7-8 hours of sleep because like I said before- You burn 100 calories while sleeping AND if you don’t sleep your appetite will increase by 15% the next morning.
If you have insomnia, can’t help it. But don’t cry, there’s nobody awake! Do some workout while nobody is watching!
Every time you say ‘no thanks’ to food, you are saying ‘yes please’ to skinny.
When you are alone, WORKOUT! There’s nobody to bother you!
-Go to the kitchen and throw away all the stuff you’ll be snacking on the next day.
-Dance, sing loud, scream, laugh. You burn more calories.
-Go to the kitchen and LAUGH of food. I haven’t lost my mind, I’m serious. Tell it how bad it is. Tell it how it dosen’t control you. Tell it you will NEVER eat it.
NEVER EVER eat alone. It’s no use. It’s stupid. Eat when they’re watching you so they can’t say you starve yourself.
If you really don’t want to eat but they’re making you do so, get a colored cup and split all out in there, like pretend you eat it and that you’ll drink water, they’ll never know.
Do yoga.
Always take the stairs and when you do it, skip a stair so you’ll loose more thigh fat.
Suck in your stomach always, you can burn up to 10 calories an hour.
Tip toe stand when you’re washing your teeth, combing your hair, washing your hands, etc. This helps you burn about 15% more calories a day.
Wiggle your legs while stitting, this speeds up your metabolism and makes you loose about 10 calories per hour.
Don’t stay in one place, move around. Every calorie counts.
Make a list of stuff you are NEVER aloud to eat.
Say you are happy with your body.
Don’t get nervous when people talk about anorexia, say things such as ‘i can’t believe people actually starve themselves!’ Don’t be stupid.
If you have hunger pains, squeeze your body into a ball.
If you don’t have anything to exercise with, walik up and down your stairs for all the time you want and make your thighs smaller.
Eat while watching yourself in the mirror naked. How much are you able to eat now?
Think higher of yourself. YOU are too GOOD to put THAT in your body.
Always remember what ANA WANTS.
Eat al least 7 things a day, we don’t want a skinny corpse, we want a skinny girl.
Stay inspired. Why do you want to loose weigh?
Buy your own scale.
-Weigh yourself in the morning and at night.
If it’s possible, get an ana buddy.
Hit your stomach when you are hungry.
Make up some punishments if you think about food.
-Put a rubber band in your wrist and slap it when you do so.
-Don’t use a blanket in cold nights.
-Make up your own.
Take a shower with cold water. This helps you burn more calories.
NEVER LOOSE HOPE.
«REMEMBER YOU WILL BE SKINNY.»
Comment your tips down please.
Ana loves you.

• Alice Ocean, alliemylovee, Skinny•Nina and 196 others like this

HW:118.8 120 124.6 GW1: 110 lbs GW2: 100 lbs GW3: 95 lbs UGW: 90 or 80 lbs
CW:  124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 ^_^ 110 ^_^ 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 :D 100 :D 99 98 97 96 95 94 93 92 91 :wub: 90 :wub: 

tumblr_m9102nofHF1raba55o1_400.pngb61b77b73eda0dd2249d8c0476524a2c.jpg
e86cbb36d329c4ba8b36fb42d8bb6e66.jpgtumblr_n7qx061SZ51rp4xpeo1_500.gif2187295.jpgtumblr_inline_n7uit1Dw5o1rdr3lg.gif

#2 Dreamer_Em12

Dreamer_Em12

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

POPULAR

You must burn more calories than you eat if you want to lose body fat. Period.

The basic rule of weight management is that you must burn more calories than you consume each day; each week; and each month if you want to lose weight. It doesn’t matter if all the food you eat is healthy, wholesome, or “clean” food.

so..here are some basic tips…

1. Don’t’ drink calories! Drinking only water (8 cups or 64 Oz a day baby!) or tea.

2. Eat under 1500 calories.

3. Breakfast should be your largest meal of the day. Just think about it, if you are waking up in the morning after an eight hour fast and want to be productive eat like a king! What’s the point of eating a large dinner if you are just going to be sleeping?

4. Healthy food choices all day (lean meat, fruit, veggies,). You are a cave girl! Eat like one!

5. Anything made from wheat or rice is a no.

6. Eat often! You won’t get as hungry if you are eating small portions throughout the day.

7. Pick a day to binge. You will go fucking crazy if you don’t allow yourself to binge. Pick one day out of the week to eat whatever, like Sunday.

8. Stay active for an hour each day. Choose to walk instead of drive. Stand instead of sit.

9. Pick a time to stop eating. I stop eating at six.

• alliemylovee, starvingtostrive, iridiana and 48 others like this

CW:  124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 ^_^ 110 ^_^ 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 :D 100 :D 99 98 97 96 95 94 93 92 91 :wub: 90 :wub: 

e86cbb36d329c4ba8b36fb42d8bb6e66.jpgtumblr_n7qx061SZ51rp4xpeo1_500.gif2187295.jpgtumblr_inline_n7uit1Dw5o1rdr3lg.gif

#3 Dreamer_Em12

Dreamer_Em12

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

POPULAR

Fasting Tips - "Pro Ana"/Ana Friendly

These are tips I have found which I'll be using tomorrow! :)

Fasting Tips!

1.       On a day you plan to fast, make a to-do list for yourself. This will keep your mind off of eating. Here are some examples:

a.       Do laundry

b.      Do the dishes

c.       Clean the kitchen

d.      Vacuum, dust

e.      Take out the trash/recycling

f.        Run to the bank

g.       Go shopping at the mall without the intent to buy anything (Double Whammy – avoid the Food Court area and try on clothes you love but know will be too small; try on clothes a size or two smaller)

2.       BEFORE you plan to fast, make sure you have all of your supplies!

a.       Caffeine pills

b.      Diet soda (I drink Coke Zero – 0 cal, 0 carb)

c.       Energy drinks (Monster Energy – Absolutely Zero is the best! 0 cal, 0 carb)

d.      Bouillon Cubes (5 cal/cube, fat free)

e.      Water, Juice, Drink mixes, etc.

3.       Things you can do when you start getting hungry and are afraid you might binge:

a.       Smoke a cigarette. (If you are not already a smoker,please do not start because of this suggestion!) I am not a habitual smoker but I will sometimes have one before bed when I feel like I'm about to binge.

b.      Drink a glass of water quickly (will make you gag a little). Makes you slightly nauseous and decrease your desire for solid food.

c.       Drink a diet soda instead; tell yourself it’s a meal.

d.      Take your clothes off and look at your body in the mirror. Pinch bits of fat and think about what you ate that did that: here is the bowl of pasta, there’s that slice of pizza, the bag of chips, those peanut butter cookies, etc. Ask yourself if it was really worth it.

e.      If you’re wearing jeans, put on shorts and sit with your thighs pushed down against the surface of a chair/bed/etc. Think about how disgusting they are; like flat fat fucking pancakes oozing with fatty syrup and whipped cream.

f.        Tell yourself that your body is confused. It isn’t hungry, it’s tired. Take a nap.

g.       Clean something.

h.      Brush your teeth. If you have a retainer, put that in.

i.         Paint your nails

j.        Put on lipstick or gloss

k.       Turn on your computer/open a magazine and look at thinspo.

l.         If you have Netflix, watch Heavy or the Intervention episodes with eating disordered people (Intervention obviously will not be triggering for everyone, but it is for me).

m.    Watch America’s Next Top Model or The Biggest Loser

n.      Watch a gory movie. i.e Hostel or any of the Saw films.

o.      Put on your little sister’s t-shirt (or an old one of your own thatused to fit).

p.      Look at the clock. Tell yourself that you have 25 minutes. After 25 minutes drink a big glass of water. Weigh yourself. Look in the mirror. Look at your thighs. Still hungry?

q.      If you are craving a specific food, Google “Fat person eating _____.” If you don’t find a good enough image try, “Most disgusting ______.” The goal being to lessen the craving by either drawing a parallel from the food to rapid fat gain, or just by making it look as unappealing as possible.

4.       Always have a diet soda, bottled water, tea, chewing gum (5 cal/piece), or coffee with you when you are away from the house in case you get hungry or feel faint due to low blood sugar.

5.       Never carry extra money with you when you go out! Only bring what you know you need.

6.       If someone asks you to eat with them say that:

a.       You don’t feel well

b.      You just ate, like, a ton

c.       You’re not really that hungry

d.      You didn’t bring enough cash

e.      You already have plans to eat later (fancy restaurant, not paying, gotta save up my hunger! ; )  )

f.        You don’t have time for a full meal

g.       You just watched “Food Inc.” and are currently disgusted by the sight of chicken. Works well for KFC, fast food, Buffalo Wild Wings, Raising Canes, etc.

HOWEVER:  Say that you might just have a soda or something and get a Diet Coke, Coke Zero, etc. or UNSWEETENED iced tea ( you can add splenda or sweet and low). This keeps them from getting suspicious.

• Alice Ocean, debbydolly, starvingtostrive and 72 others like this

#4 Guest_messyss_*

Guest_messyss_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

^ useful yo 

#5 debbydolly

debbydolly

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

I've heard of like half of these tips before but the other half was new to me, thanks so much! X

• Thatoneblondegirl, fightingfood7, to_be_thin and 1 other like this

tumblr_inline_mgagmnZ9Hz1qbq39l.gif

Height: 5'5 (165.1 cm)
HW: 145lbs (66 kg)
CW: 142lbs (61 kg)
GW: 90lbs (41 kg)

tumblr_inline_mgago5iODX1qbq39l.gif

#6 AmeliaBleedingHart

AmeliaBleedingHart

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

Useful(: thx
Hey guys its me again... Im back from recovery... And i'm fat, 135 pounds at 5"3 1/2 i know i think im gross too, before it came to this i comforted myself that i had a really nice perky butt, but not even that can comfort me now.

~ILostHope~

#7 fatty_fatcakes

fatty_fatcakes

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

I have couple of these, which I've noticed to work quite well:

If you're going out, put some lip gloss or lipstick and DON'T TAKE IT WITH YOU. You can't eat, 'cause your make up would be ruined then. If you have to drink, use straw.

Write thinspirational things on your wrists, look at them when you feel like eating. If you know other languages, use them instead your native one, so people don't get suspisious. At the moment, I have beauty and zero (fasting today) written on my wrist in Russian, 'cause none of my family can speak it. And it looks nice. :)

Take some caffeine at morning, coffee or pills, it'll keep you active all day long, so you'll be moving your legs even when you're sitting on computer. Any movement burns more calories than sitting still.

If you really feel like candy, buy some sweet tea, like strawberry-vanilla.
  • Dreamer_Em12, aretardistyping, calorific and 14 others like this

2a0gy0w.jpg

no binge january

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

pass | fail

GW1: 110 lbs new jeans

GW2: 100 lbs tattoo (getting one this winter)

GW3: 90 lbs piercing

GW4: 80 lbs happiness

4' 11'' 98lbs

#8 Monroe

Monroe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

These are great :) I have some tips I figured out myself over the years.

Drink a glass of sugar free or freshly squeezed grapefruit juice real fast it makes you feel to full to eat anything

Eating crushed ice instead of binging

Looking at your stomach in tight jeans

Paint your nails because eating will smear your nail polish

Look at unphotoshped pictures of curvy models see all the cellulite and love handles.
  • aretardistyping, apaintednicotenedream, fightingfood7 and 6 others like this
</3 when all we wanted was love we got caught up and burned </3

#9 strivfrprfct

strivfrprfct

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

These are so helpful! Thanks guys :)
  • claire_de_lune18 likes this

#10 MaladaptiveBehavior

MaladaptiveBehavior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, USA

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

Eat a spoon of hot sauce when you crave a binge. There is little too no caliries in it and curbs your appetite.
  • Gabatha, Twisted.Stiff, ana&ara and 7 others like this

#11 NeverlandOrSpace

NeverlandOrSpace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

Have a sip of water between each bite, It will help you to fill up faster and won’t make you overeat.

Actually, no. If you drink while you eat, you often eat more! It's better to have a glass before you eat and one after.

• FreeSpirit, choosingcelery, SagaMeriDesiree and 11 others like this

height: 158 cm

HW:   70.0 kg

CW:   49.0 kg48.6 47.5

GW1: 55.0 kg

GW2: 50.0 kg

GW3: 45.0 kg

UGW: ???

小さい~

#12 secretlygorgeous

secretlygorgeous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

all of these are tips are so helpfull

something i find that works is just if i feel like eating i pop a chewing gum in my mouth, does this work or does it just make you bloat?

#13 Prettynpettite2013

Prettynpettite2013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

If you have hunger pains at night sleep with a heating pad....

• SingleChinPlease, MereyB, Anamiamyself and 5 others like this

#14 GALAXYCRUSH347

GALAXYCRUSH347

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

good tips, some are new to me,definatly going to try them 
also always drink something during a fast (i have made the mistake before of drinking nothing)
water is good,ice tea is a great one for me it makes me feel full when i haven't actually eaten anything  :D 
​also don't over due on the exercise during a fast, people will notice low energy and make you eat something :wacko: 

i good tip i use is when ever my parents go away for the day i fast, they don't know what i'm doing and no one questions me 

• fightingfood7, gile159753, anav and 1 other like this

#15 bonespirit

bonespirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Thanks guys!!! I feel like shit cos I just had a really sugary drink and chocolate cake, when all I'd eaten before for a couple days was salad :/ I guess I've just gotta keep motivated!!
  • fightingfood7 likes this

#16 Dalek

Dalek

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

If you (like  me) have to drive to get to work etc, set the rear-view mirror while sitting up straight. It's so easy to slouch while driving, but if you set the mirror a bit too high you won't slouch too much.

• UpPastMyBedTime, tinyybones, fightingfood7 and 8 others like this
美しく生きるために 
悲しみと孤独で磨きあげた刃は 
あまりにも鋭い諸刃の剣 
そう薔薇のように 

N0VYBsvl.png?2

#17 edoll

edoll

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationBay Area, Cali...

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Love these tips!!!!

• fatwhale likes this

H: 6 ft 1"

HW: 190

(245 when I was pregnant)

CW: 142 (BMI: 18.73)

LW: 119

GW1: 160 BMI: 21.39

GW2: 150 BMI: 19.79

GW3: 140 BMI: 18.47

UGW: 134 BMI: 17.68

A girl can Dream Weight: 118 BMI: 15.57

Days without binge: 10

"Yes, I am actually HAPPIER when I am thin..."

#18 somaholiday

somaholiday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

I recently moved back home and have found the following to be helpful to avoid family scrutiny:

Once everyone is asleep, leave a dish or two in the sink (if you put a little tomato sauce or something in there, it looks like you ate).  You can also leave crumbs on the counter, "accidentally" leave some food out, etc.

If your family has any individually wrapped snack foods, unwrap them, put the food in a ziplock bag (hide it and throw it away outside the home, figured that one out the hard way), and leave the wrappers in the sitting on top trash or on a counter or something

Go to a fast food or take-out place that has a recognizable logo on their bags, i.e. McDonalds (but keep it believable) when no one is looking, steal a bag from the trash.  Go home and throw it away there; it'll look like you went out for a meal (Disgusting, I know, but I've found it effective mostly because I don't think anyone suspects I'd stoop to that level.  You can also just ask the place for a bag but make sure you make it look like there was food in there (wrappers, stains, smell, etc.)

If you have to go out to eat with family or friends, find an excuse to drive separately.  That way, if you end up eating too much, you can find somewhere to pull over and purge on the drive back.  (Obviously this works best if you have a car but if not, you can walk or bike, take the train separately, etc. etc.)

• SingleChinPlease, Nyx Tartarus, ana princess and 5 others like this

H: 5'7"

HW: 130

CW: 113

GW: 100

#19 somaholiday

somaholiday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Also, I am in no way advocating prescription drug abuse but if you do have a prescription for Adderall or have some for whatever reason, taking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with a couple zero calorie energy drinks keeps hunger at bay.  

• NoLongerMySecret...., sharkbaby, Ana Moly and 1 other like this

H: 5'7"

HW: 130

CW: 113

GW: 100

#20 Cin

Cin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

If you have hunger pains at night sleep with a heating pad....

Does this really work cuz I have this problem for sure?
  • fightingfood7 and CuriousCat like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tips, Proana, Tricks

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

iwillbeskinnyandpretty