PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

Ana vs Mia?

ana

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lilmissproana

Lilmissproana

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Okay, I have some friends who are bulimic and thats fine, however I am anorexic and limit cals intake if not fasting. Sometimes I feel like there is this weird line. I've been told by a Mia, just go eat something. I'm like whoa oh okay. Any other Ana's ever had this happen to them? or wanted to share something similar thoughts. 

5'2

HW:117.8

CW:88.2

GW:85

UGW:80

#2 Nyx Tartarus

Nyx Tartarus

Angel of Syntax

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts
  • LocationSouth of Nowhere

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

im not sure whether my friend was anorexic or bulimic or both, i mean she used to throw up her food to lose weight but she's been going through recovery for the last few months. anyway, she always would say stuff like that to me whenever i tried to talk to her "just eat" "food is good" "you're not fat just go have a sandwich" it's like, does she even fucking have an ED i mean wtf is she in recovery for if she can "just eat" whenever she's hungry, you know.

skyrimlogo.png

#3 problemchild

problemchild

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

Well, of course she would say "just eat something" because chances are if she's bulimic it doesn't stay in very long anyway lol EDs are different for everyone, maybe she forgets that not everyone purges?

-Probs

"Do I want to die from the inside out or the outside in?"

Height: 5'2"

HW: 160lbs LW: 111lbs CW: 121lbs

128lbs 125lbs 120lbs 115lbs 110lbs 100lbs

#4 Lilmissproana

Lilmissproana

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

If I could purge, I would... or maybe not. I'm not sure lol. But I think sometimes my friends want me to be sensitive to their needs but forget about my own and my feelings. Its just one of those days, when you think and over think about everything ED wise. 

5'2

#5 Dear Prudence

Dear Prudence

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

I've also heard a lot of shit coming the other way - Ana to Mia. That we don't have the willpower to be an Ana or that we don't really have an ED because we eat. I don't know which diagnose fits me, both I guess. But the point is we are all in the same boat and should support and look out for each other.
  • BearNaked likes this

#6 Miss_Used

Miss_Used

Advanced Sage

• Supporter
  • 2,342 posts
  • LocationNorth DaSnowta

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Im a non purging bulimic (binge then restrict to compensate but I also try to keep losing) Used to do everything under the sun to compensate (self induced vomiting AND laxitives AND restricting the next day AND extra exercise etc) I've had anorectics tell me "Well why don't you just stop eating?" and "Purging is SO bad for you!" and "Well you're not underweight so it can't be that bad" and since I've stopped purging "You're just faking an ed since you eat so much then restrict"

I know I push for others to not purge but I just don't want anyone to suffer. I do it out of care and concern not because I think Im some elitist. I love you ladies (and gents) and don't want to lose anyone else to this.
Alternated between ED-NOS and BULIMIA Since January 2004 with a break from September 2011-May 2012
Height: 5'4" (162.56 cm)
HW: 205-93 kg (May 17th 2012 son born May 18th 2012)
LW: 115 July 2013

Losing it all again! My beautiful baby girl was born May 27th and I'm ready to be unfat.

#7 Ausandaguy

Ausandaguy

Omniscient

• Moderators
  • 3,750 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

I think bulimia is a completely different mindset and that I don't think can be understood if one hasn't experienced it first hand. I'm a restricting anorexic and I used to think that bulimics purged because they lacked the will power until I purged once and found out how hard it is to keep sticking your hand down there. I can only imagine that it would be similarly confusing for a bulimic to be told, "well, just don't eat."

• Gabatha likes this

#8 GetThinOrDieTrying

GetThinOrDieTrying

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

I think bulimia is a completely different mindset and that I don't think can be understood if one hasn't experienced it first hand. I'm a restricting anorexic and I used to think that bulimics purged because they lacked the will power until I purged once and found out how hard it is to keep sticking your hand down there. I can only imagine that it would be similarly confusing for a bulimic to be told, "well, just don't eat."

This. Especially when I'm in b/p mode, it's impossible and incredibly taboo for me to "just not eat." Likewise, if I'm having a great restricting/fast day, I couldn't dream of "just eating."
  • Gabatha likes this

I've come too far to let a cookie tell me what to do.

#9 Lilmissproana

Lilmissproana

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

I have always been strict on cals and good on fasting. I have had bad meal times when I had to purge, its so weird. Its like you have this power to get rid of food, but yet I felt dirty. I guess fasting is second nature to me that its hard to see how the others feel, and probably the same way back. I mean we have this crazy mental view on our ED's, others non ED, and so on. I agree that we should find a common ground to all get together and be one. I mean we do all suffer from ED's. My main thought on this, was that I never bring up "ana this or ana that" I vent about food and general thoughts, but when someone just says to me eat something. Its kinda like Ana's are more sickly or something. Its just annoying. 

5'2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users