PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

is it possible to have an anorexic mind? need answers please :)

ana advice

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 samtaro25

samtaro25

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationstl

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

OK so I'm wondering if this is at all possible. My bf always talks about his weight says how fat his stomach is even says he has moobs(his nipples are pierced so they do tend to stick out but I would hardly say they that they are moobs) its like an every hr cycle. Hes a truck driver and i do know that he i guess you could say binges when he comes home. With my ana i completely fell into it and until someone labled me as such i didnt even think about it so i dont really remember if i did the same.

So my question is is it possible to have an anorexic mind without being anorexic or is it the start of an eating disorder?

thanks guys im starting to really worry about him.
♥☆"I am your butter and your bread.
The voice that's in your head.
I'll take you in and fill you up
With a lack of being fed." -Ana♥☆

웃♥5Ft 4in♥웃
HW:130lbs (not counting pregnancy)
CW:110lbs (7-19-13apparently new scale is broke too weight attained at Dr's office)
☆Complete: GW1:115lbs (be able to fit in Hooters Jersey pics in blog!)☆
☆Complete: GW2:110lbs (custom made labcoat for school)☆
GW3:100lbs (be able to fit back in my normal clothes)
UW4:95lbs (look better in my normal clothes

#2 Guest_krsmith0222_*

Guest_krsmith0222_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Actually that happened to me. I was super skinny in high school because in middle school, I accidentally lost 20 pounds by eating once a day. I didn't plan it I just never wanted breakfast and hated eating lunch at school. So I hate dinner only every day for the entire 8th grade year. I got so many compliments and everyone said I looked great so since then I have had problems with gaining weight and have developed an eating disorder. After my first child, i started abusing laxatives and eating as little as possible which I had never done before and now after my second child with over 30 pounds to lose I am falling down the same path.

My point is that I always hated being a chubby kid but never had an eating disorder but as soon as I felt the glory of being skinny it has been my burden ever since. I wake up every morning and step on the scale and the number affects my mood for the entire day. He could definitely develop an ED because it takes a trigger and it's not something you just decide.

• samtaro25 likes this

#3 StarvingToBeThin

StarvingToBeThin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

I am not too sure if he is developing one or not try and compliment him by saying ''I like your imaginary moobs'' and then laugh lightly or something also if he has problems with binging why don't you say something like ''we will go on a diet together'' get a meal plan and make his meals for work even if you don't eat yours during the day and keep his mind active he wont binge and feel bad if he is doing a diet with someone or try and make him filling meals stuff with veg,brown rice, meat and things like that to keep him full and then ask him to do cleaning or something to keep his mind off binging. 

• samtaro25 likes this

2lkd2bs.png2lkd2bs.png

Recover in May 2013 gained 26lbs Relapse in July ...

2lkd2bs.png   

sw - 140 :ph34r:

cw - 132  :wacko: 

lw - 114  :D 

gw 1 - 115  ^_^ 

gw 2 110  :lol: 

gw3 - 105  :) 

ugw - 95  :D  :wub: 

2lkd2bs.png

Race to Lose 5lbs Starts 14th July 

Vera Wang Foxes starts 15th july 

#4 samtaro25

samtaro25

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationstl

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

Ya I've changed a lot of his meals up like instead if mashed potatoes I make him cauliflower instead substitute things to make him feel better about eating it. I compliment him a lot but it falls short just like when he compliment me. I know he gets into my daughters weekly treats. I don't know if I'm just being overly protective. I know he wasn't like this until we had our 1St daughter though

웃♥5Ft 4in♥웃
CW:110lbs (7-19-13apparently new scale is broke too weight attained at Dr's office)

#5 Guest_styricum_*

Guest_styricum_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

I think it is. Its what happened to me, I wanted to be skinny then I stopped eating but I didn't realize I had been connecting the two for a while

#6 Guest_achick10_*

Guest_achick10_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

my bf used to be very overweight.  He lost the weight and eats pretty healthy.  But he does worry a lot about his weight... says he is fat... always feels guilty after eating a meal.  I used to think he was developing ana.  He def has a disordered mindset that is clearly related to when he was overweight.  In a way... he supports me eating low calorie.  He is fine with us having no junk food in the house when we move together.  I lucked out that he is similar to me... but I feel bad for him when he still sees himself as fat.  I don't really know if this answers your question.

#7 samtaro25

samtaro25

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationstl

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

my bf used to be very overweight.  He lost the weight and eats pretty healthy.  But he does worry a lot about his weight... says he is fat... always feels guilty after eating a meal.  I used to think he was developing ana.  He def has a disordered mindset that is clearly related to when he was overweight.  In a way... he supports me eating low calorie.  He is fine with us having no junk food in the house when we move together.  I lucked out that he is similar to me... but I feel bad for him when he still sees himself as fat.  I don't really know if this answers your question.

It does and it doesn't. We all know what triggers us but is it the same for a male? Do u think that he would go one step further and just do it?

웃♥5Ft 4in♥웃

#8 thol&constantine

thol&constantine

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • LocationTallahassee

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

I guess you could message some people in the guy's forum and see what they have to say.

• samtaro25 likes this
please forgive me

#9 Guest_Asia_*

Guest_Asia_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Yes, that's why some people can just diet and stop and others develop eating disorders. Kinda like an alcoholic who can't take just one drink, where as others can just have one glass of wine or whatever.
  • samtaro25 likes this

#10 Lachlan

Lachlan

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Everyone is different, but this may be a good indication: how upset is he when he binges or eats "bad" food?

I know people, like my father, who will occasionally claim to be fat, but don't have EDs, and what I've noticed they share in common is that they don't actually become that emotional in response to food.

Ex. He will occasionally claim that he's fat, but in a nonchalant/slightly amused way, and if he eats junk food, he isn't that upset; he just rationalizes it or doesn't care much.

• samtaro25 likes this

1_asmr091024_m1.gif   angry-47.gif   Free_Avatar___Happy_Halloween_by_macurriqn42s2.jpghalloween_097.gif    candy_corn_microkit_by_hyraea-d4c4dll.gi   _candy_corn_avatar__by_xmoshymccoy-d308f  tumblr_m4rrhru3Bj1rodiav.gif    tumblr_inline_mu3dkjhCYF1r63cto.gif  

Spoiler

Big monster lover..

Bigger pusher over

Stands apart through most parts of life

Walks alone in most of walks of life

DARK LORD of MPA

Proud DEMOTICON and honorary lil' dick

soul bonded to ashley and crime

tumblr_m2gj12YXzt1rnd09v.gif

my vengeful-justice partner

my benefriend/ dirty dancing lover
my kitty

my second half/ biological basketcase

my first thread-derailing partner in crime

implementer & co-conspirator of my torturing methods/ therapy advice

my alcohol and leather buddies <3

#11 mybeach

mybeach

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

I think some people are more predisposed to developing an eating disorder.  I didn't really fall into anorexia until about 4 years ago.  34 years old. Looking back at my life, I can see I had "issues" but not until I had the perfect storm. I finally found the right diet/exercise program and then started losing body fat and muscle really was beginning to pop. Then I had gum surgery and couldn't eat a lot of my usual foods for a few weeks.   I was losing weight and felt awesome.  Once I was healed, I never added the foods back in.  Instead I kept cutting more and more out   I was more about seeing how low I could go until it took on a life of its own. 

• samtaro25 likes this

Height 5'5"

SW  130

CW  96   94   91  89  86   81

Body Fat  less than 5.0% :D

UGW:  When I take up only the amount of space in the universe

that I deserve

#12 BulimicDreams

BulimicDreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBasildon

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

I just don't see food as food any more i see it just calories  i also see it as food = fat i gain weight cycle.

• samtaro25 likes this

Bulimic Dreams :)

Stats

Height 5'4

CW 147

GW 110

LW 105

New Email Address : [email protected]

#13 myproblemshideinnumbers

myproblemshideinnumbers

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

Well, anorexia does start somewhere.

We can beat genetics

adopting new asthetics for beautiful bodies

figures ever-so-slender

Taking control oh

oh what a nice nice thing

#14 samtaro25

samtaro25

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationstl

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Everyone is different, but this may be a good indication: how upset is he when he binges or eats "bad" food?
I know people, like my father, who will occasionally claim to be fat, but don't have EDs, and what I've noticed they share in common is that they don't actually become that emotional in response to food.

Ex. He will occasionally claim that he's fat, but in a nonchalant/slightly amused way, and if he eats junk food, he isn't that upset; he just rationalizes it or doesn't care much.

Well he doesn't get emotional around me ever. I've seen him break down three times in a total of 6 yrs. 2010 for my 1St daughters birth 2011 when we were about ready to break up and we were seriously fighting bad and than in April for our 2nd daughter birth. If he does cry it's when he's in private so I'm not sure he mentions his weight before a binge and then an hr or less after a binge mainly if it's cereal or junk food.

웃♥5Ft 4in♥웃

#15 samtaro25

samtaro25

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationstl

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

I just don't see food as food any more i see it just calories  i also see it as food = fat i gain weight cycle.

Thats how I am too

웃♥5Ft 4in♥웃

#16 samtaro25

samtaro25

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationstl

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thank you for the advice. It is super strange to see this type of behavior in someone close to me u guys gave me a a lot to take in things I wouldn't have thought about.

웃♥5Ft 4in♥웃

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ana, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users