PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

Wii fit?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fade-Away

Fade-Away

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Is wii fit any good for losing weight? Any experiences? Thanks :)

''You’re not dead, but you’re not alive, either. You’re a ghost with a beating heart.''

#2 EdnosToAna

EdnosToAna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

its not too bad, depends what exercises you do on there and how often. I think the super hula hoop and step aerobics are very good and the yoga on there makes for a great cool down :) my personal favourite thing about wii fit is weighing yourself - much more accurate than any scale you can buy in a shop and also tells you your bmi. :) try it out for yourself and get your own opinion on it, its worth it xx

• bow likes this

#3 rotfromview

rotfromview

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

I think it's quite useful as it shows you how many calories and stuff you've burned in a day. I think it probably helped me to lose a pound or two along with the restriction I was doing and other exercises.

HW: 133 pounds
CW: 121 pounds
GW1: 112 pounds
GW2: 110 pounds
GW3: 100 pounds
GW4: 95 pounds
GW5: 90 pounds
UGW: ???
"I wanna be so skinny that I rot from view"
"It tastes like death but it looks like fun"
~
My accountability ☆~

#4 Chaotic

Chaotic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Most exercises aren't too intense but I love the yoga it has, it's good for stretching after a workout. The best part of it is that it weighs you better than any cheap scale you can find. I use it for weighing myself and I love how it gives you your BMI.

• bow likes this

#5 cheekycherry

cheekycherry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

I love using Wii Fit for work out, I found it very addictive amd cant wait to get back on it (starting tomorrow)

***Quod me nutrit me destruit***

Left the World of recovery 16th July 2013

weight.png

#6 starlights

starlights

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

I have a wii but not a wii fit, I'm thinking of getting it for some more variety of exercise at home ^-^

ch 5'2

hw 90 lbs

cw 85.5 lbs

lw 71 lbs

gw 80 lbs

ugw 70 lbs

You get depressed because you know that you’re not what you should be. - Marilyn Manson

divider3.gif

#7 tangerine-zest

tangerine-zest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

I love using it, it tells you how many calories you've burnt and lets you set a goal (at least in Wii Fit plus) so I put 455 calories as a goal and workout 5 days a week. It's useful for keeping your excercise secret.

• bow likes this

I want to be the skinny girl at least once

HW: 189.2 lbs (86 kg)

CW: 131 lbs (58 kg)

GW1: 132 lbs (60 kg) - septum

GW2: 121 lbs (55 kg) - tank top

UGW: 110 lbs (50 kg) - perfection

#8 graceyj

graceyj

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

If you stick to it, it will help :) when I got mine I was on it for like 2-3 hours a day and the weight fell off because I was having fun and so motivating to see and estimate of calories burnt! 

I would play some fun ones when do the running then more fun ones then run again :) 

• bow likes this

~ Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

Goal weight: 110 (: 

http://thereal-slimshady.tumblr.com

#9 debbydolly

debbydolly

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationCandied Island

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

It's soo useful for weigh-ins which is what I use it for mostly as of now, and exercising on it is fun and effective also! I also just realized, this would be the perfect way to have not too loud, late at night exercise in any sized area! I used to use it so much also, I want to do that again but mainly late at night when I feel like any other exercise would be too loud...my treadmill is so loud, haha.

But to simply answer your question, yes it is, and even if you used that alone for a long time to exercise, the time you'd be playing it/exercising on it would really fly by, and you could burn hundreds or even over 1000+ calories a day by using it! I found a website a couple of months ago that lets you customize a Wii Fit Exercise routine based on your preferences such as: Time Spent Using Wii, Choose Length of Time, Type of Routine, Difficulty Level, Allow Running Exercises?, Wii Fit Plus Exercises?, and Specify a Muscle Group?. 

Basically it's a Wii Fit Routine Generator, but you need to be a member of THIS website to use it. For some reason, I tested to see if I could still create an account so you guys could make your own routines if you've never used the website before, but it seems like registrations are closed or you have to pay now or something? I don't know, I only browsed it for a few minutes, but it seems harder to find out how to register and such...I registered when it was free. So, if anyone is interested in this generator, feel free to message me for my login details! :-]

• bow likes this

tumblr_inline_mgagmnZ9Hz1qbq39l.gif

Height: 5'5 (165.1 cm)
HW: 145lbs (66 kg)
CW: 142lbs (61 kg)
GW: 90lbs (41 kg)

tumblr_inline_mgago5iODX1qbq39l.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users