About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Selective Eating Disorder

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 remys

remys

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:25 PM

Yeah it makes me feel like I've got a giant neon sign above my head saying FOOD ISSUES RIGHT HERE lol

Exactly! Btw your name is really funny I like it :)

#122 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:17 PM

Exactly! Btw your name is really funny I like it :)

• remys likes this

DOCTORR.jpg

#123 Suzi Q

Suzi Q

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

Best thread ever... I was at a family reunion once and although there was a PLETHORA of foods I only ate the macaroni and cheese. Which wasn't made right. My oldest sister (who is 32 fucking years old) picked on me about it and made me cry. I COULD NOT eat that other food. 😢

tumblr_inline_nkt7p7HDLD1ry72eo.gifyou are not just a numbertumblr_inline_nkt7p7HDLD1ry72eo.gif

#124 zyxljm

zyxljm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:37 PM

i think i might have this as well. i have a limited amount of safe foods and it for a long time it wasn't really a problem because i lived at home and my younger brothers are also extremely picky with their food. but now i have three other flatmates who offer me food a lot and i always have to say no because it's something i don't like. my friends also like to get together and cook meals and i either avoid going or i sit there awkwardly because i don't like anything they make. i feel bad too because they might take me not eating their food personally but it has nothing to do with them. it's just the fact that i don't like food.

p.s: when i say i don't like food, its not because i tried it and didn't like it. it's me not being able to actually put that food in my mouth.

#125 trash bag

trash bag

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

I thought I was just picky but I refuse to eat "creamy" foods such as some some soups and pastas. 

-Stats-

Spoiler

- How can I be happy and have an ED when sometimes food is the only thing that makes me happy?? -

- I haven't committed suicide yet because I'm too lazy tbh (okay and yes I'm a little too scared to) -

Accountability: http://www.myproana....accountability/

Melanie Martinez themed challenge: http://www.myproana....pen/?p=29270258

1f4690b54b0635fb56bdf499b4aaa5ff.png

#126 dimpled

dimpled

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Chicken is my 'safe' food but apparently only certain kinds. It's 99% of my diet. Trying to eat a brand of chicken strips I've never tried before with a breading recipe I've never tried before made me want to cry. It doesn't help that it smelled like spaghetti sauce, which was involved in a traumatic experience from my childhood. I'm guessing that's the cause of my eating habits.

❤   accountability thread   

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

#127 AfterShock

AfterShock

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:09 AM

I have this but people keep telling me that I'm just being picky... Which is so frustrating because I'm then forced to eat whatever thing they're insisting on having and it makes me feel awful.

In my case it's all about textures, with the exception of sweet foods, like sweet strawberries, which I cannot stand, gives me chills... I can't eat a lot of fruit nor vegetables because of this weird thing.

Here's an odd little note; when I was little, the first time I tried tomatoes, I said "My tummy likes it but my mouth/head doesn't". Which I think is adorable and also a really accurate description of what's going on, you know?

I'm the same way.
(Didn't know this was an actual thing)
All berries, and most fruits creep me out. It's the burst of juice really. It makes me gag. I can eat grapes, watermelon and oranges, but I have to eat them a certain weird way.
I'm the exact same about tomatoes, and most other veggies. Most food that I don't like is because of the texture.
Especially cotton candy.. I can't even touch the stuff because I'll cringe, and (might just all be on my head) it's like an instant headache if I put it in my mouth and chew..
Anything slimy or seafood, I won't eat.
Any milk above 1% is a no-go too.. 2% and whole milk are too thick and the feel of it on my tongue makes me squirm, and gag a little.. feels like you need a tongue scraper after one drink of whole milk.
If I have to cook meat, I won't eat it because the raw version ruins it for me..

If this isn't what was meant, please excuse my rambling. Lbvs.
  • Marla likes this

#128 TinyFaery

TinyFaery

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

I have this aswell. I can only eat foods from certain brands (Example, I would be able to eat Lays chips but not store brand), and some foods only prepared from certain places. I have to get take out almost every day because of this. The restaurant owner even sold me the food they cook to prepare myself and I still could not eat it. I have also had a very hard time trying things until very recently. I did not eat ice cream until last month and even now I only eat one flavor from one place. This month was the first time I was able to try cheesecake. 

There are many foods I want to try but will start panicking when it comes to actually trying them. 

My aversion is so bad that when I was a child my doctor told my mother to not feed me if I don't eat what she makes. I didn't eat for four days. I'd rather starve than eat anything not "safe."

​SW: 148 (BMI: 24.6)

​HW: 148

​GW: 140

​GW: 135

​GW: 130

​UGW: 125

UGW may change, depends on how I feel about my body

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users