• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 skinny-ever-after

skinny-ever-after

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Something I've seen on here a couple times. But what happens when you purge everything you eat, you're basically not eating anything, therefore starving yourself so why wouldn't you lose weight? Even if some calories get absorbed before you get rid of it, that's still hardly anything. So am I right? If you purge everything you eat you'll still lose weight? Especially if you have a lot of weight to lose...

The thoughts I'm thinking aren't safe and I'm probably killing myself

but I honestly don't care anymore. 

#2 dietburger

dietburger

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Purging* tends to lead to binging. At first, when you've just started, it will probably help you lose weight quite well. Purging combined with restricting will also work. However, if you regutaly b/p, in many cases, you will gain weight instead of losing it. It's also really unhealthy, but so is starving. The difference is just that starving works better than purging and is a way safer bet (purely in terms of not digesting any/too many calories).

*By purging, I mean throwing up. Exercise, laxatives and post-binge fasting also counts as purging, but what I meant here was vormiting. Overexercising will definitely help you lose a ton of weight, but it also tires you out and is not healthier than any other ED behaviour. Laxatives don't really work and post-binge fasting wil at best help you maintain but no serious weight loss can be expected.

• needskinnyyy likes this

BMI: 17.0

HW: 137 lbs

CW: 103 lbs

GW1: 130lbs

GW2: 120lbs                                        Oh no, you mustn't eat it. Just... arrange it. 

GW3: 110 lbs

GW4: 100 lbs                                            http://die-t-burgers.tumblr.com/

UGW: 90lbs

Who is the third who walks always beside you?
When I count, there are only you and I together
But when I look ahead up the white road
There is always another one walking beside you
Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
I do not know whether a man or a woman
—But who is that on the other side of you?

#3 Yoyo

Yoyo

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

^^ this. It's really the b/p that gets you.

If it helps here is some math (I'm a dork): let's say on a binge day you eat 6,000 calories (because its possible and it makes the math nice) and you purge all of what you ate. Well you still absorb some of it, lets say 1/3 to 1/2 of the calories are absorbed dispute purging. Then you've eaten 2,000 to 3,000 calories effectively. Definitely going to gain weight!

Even if you don't have that many calories in your binge it still adds up to way more than you would eat while restricting.
  • dietburger, needskinnyyy and skinny-ever-after like this

#4 BreelynnBardot

BreelynnBardot

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

I've been meaning to post about this!

I've been purging pretty bad lately, but not really bingeing and still eating healthy food for the most part.

I have been losing weight still, but I can tell its tearing my throat the fuck up so I still wanna take a break >.<

Its kind of comforting knowing that if I eat a huge chicken salad (still not that many cals) and feel the need to throw it up, I'm not going to gain because of it.

And as far as the math goes, yoyo seems pretty spot on, but I read somewhere that you absorb 20% of an effective B/P.  To be safe, when I do my calorie count I double it and say 40%, and when I've genuinely binged, its still a fuckton! lol

tumblr_lyn9fn2Dui1rox4bso1_500.gif

5'3

CW: 106lbs

NextGW: 101lbs

UGW: 89lbs

BMI - 18.8

#5 Guest_Bittersweetella_*

Guest_Bittersweetella_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, for a while I would eat up to 500 calories a day and purge everything I ate. Destroyed my voice, lost a lot of hair, happiness, and of course weight. I got down to 79 but I had to stop because I literally thought I was going to die. So yes, you loose weight if you don't binge, but it's still not worth it.

• TOBEWITHYOU likes this

#6 TheBouquineuse

TheBouquineuse

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

It helps you and it doesn't. For instance, I've lost 40 pounds since I started purging. Then again, I don't really binge. I just eat maybe two meals a day (I eat too much during these meals; about 800-1200 calories) and I purge them both. Then again, whenever I stop purging, I tend to gain a lot of weight.

So yea, it does help. But it's not really worth it.

• skinny-ever-after likes this

~ Heather 

HW- 250 lbs January 1st 2013  

CW- 178

Height: 5'7

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: purging, starving

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users