About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

How to cure this?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Akira Takizawa_*

Guest_Akira Takizawa_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

Anyone had any success with curing their RS? I've tried the breathing everyone recommends, no luck. I just wish there was something I could do, I want to get back to my normal life and this is the only thing holding me back.

#2 EtherealBeing

EtherealBeing

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Locationwonderland

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

I wonder the same thing...

"Pretty hurts"

tumblr_inline_mqxvn4uFu01qz4rgp.gif

~ 5'2" ~

tiny_heart_by_sanitydying-d4y13ou.png HW: 65.7

tiny_heart_by_sanitydying-d4y13ou.png LW: 36.0

tumblr_inline_mqzmnpnChy1qz4rgp.gif GW1: 60 tumblr_inline_mqzmnpnChy1qz4rgp.gif GW2 : 55 tumblr_inline_mqzmnpnChy1qz4rgp.gif   GW3:   50 tumblr_inline_mqzmnpnChy1qz4rgp.gif GW4: 45 tumblr_inline_mqzmnpnChy1qz4rgp.gif

tiny_heart_by_sanitydying-d4y13ou.png UGW: 40 tiny_heart_by_sanitydying-d4y13ou.png

#3 Guest_maxfromthegrinch_*

Guest_maxfromthegrinch_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

I've had R.D. for the major part of my life. The best method i've found for minimizing rumination is keeping my mouth and tongue occupied during the times when it happens the most (sitting reading or whatever). I've had pretty good success with chewing gum (just an option, don't know if that's a trigger) and also have kept a marble in my pocket to pop into my mouth and "worry". It sounds a bit off the wall, but it works! R.D totally sucks and is tough to have objective discussions about since it's relatively rare- I hope this helps you out. 

#4 w3kas

w3kas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:28 AM

I cured my rumination, I had it from age 13 - 16. I cured it mentally, the biggest thing was feeling safe in my own home, and feeling safe in my own skin like I could back myself up anytime, confidence, and staying away from toxic people (for me it was my mum). I also eliminated dairy, sugar, meat, some junky foods and cold foods because they were a huge trigger to my rumination. I found a way to release my emotions, relax, and be tension free. I think one of the biggest reasons we get it is because, if you read up on science and biology, we tense up our fists, our muscles, even raise our shoulders and tense them up when we feel threatened, and our digestion gets all weird, too. So mindfulness and practicing to 'be here now' in a safe, comfortable, healthy environment, letting go and practicing self love and giving ourselves reassurance like it'll all be okay and addressing fears, having a really huge zen moment daily. Also, a healthy release for anger, rage, resentment and healing with lots of unconditional love. 

Hope that communicates well and helps. 

#5 Bananasaurus

Bananasaurus

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

Consuming more easily digestible foods helps a lot, blend up your vegetables and fruits into soups and smoothies, and get most of your protein from yogurt and kefir, fats are harder to digest, but you still need them, so you can choose smooth/creamy nut and seed butters and avocados. Do you think should make up the bulk of your diet, once or twice a week you can add and eggs, meat, fish, beans and legumes, but these foods tend to cause a little bit of issue because they take longer to digest in the stomach, fish is disgusting to ruminate.

You could also try glutamine powder.

You could also give digestive enzyme capsules a shot, also, eating papaya, ginger, and pineapple after a meal can help it digest quicker. And, mint water and lemon water make great digestive aids.
🍌

#6 collide our cars

collide our cars

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationThe bad vibes in your cornflakes

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:43 AM

Consuming more easily digestible foods helps a lot, blend up your vegetables and fruits into soups and smoothies, and get most of your protein from yogurt and kefir, fats are harder to digest, but you still need them, so you can choose smooth/creamy nut and seed butters and avocados. Do you think should make up the bulk of your diet, once or twice a week you can add and eggs, meat, fish, beans and legumes, but these foods tend to cause a little bit of issue because they take longer to digest in the stomach, fish is disgusting to ruminate.

You could also try glutamine powder.

You could also give digestive enzyme capsules a shot, also, eating papaya, ginger, and pineapple after a meal can help it digest quicker. And, mint water and lemon water make great digestive aids.

Honestly, ginger and pineapple really arent a good idea. It will make your throat burn like a motherfucker.

Bowie Forever

tumblr_inline_msz0stceJD1qz4rgp.gif

Under Observation

Emo Bulimic

Lost in the abyss, drowned in the deep

No set of lungs could salvage me

Save yourself, save your breath

The tides too strong, you'll catch your death

So breathe for me, just
breathe

I'm on warm milk and laxatives

Cherry-flavored anti-acids

Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea

Distill the life that's inside of me

I guess it's okay I puked the day away

I guess it's better you trapped yourself in your own way

This is my passion. This is my calling. This is my prison. This is me

My love and my hate for you are infinite

#7 Bananasaurus

Bananasaurus

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:40 PM

Honestly, ginger and pineapple really arent a good idea. It will make your throat burn like a motherfucker.

It helps the food digest quicker so it leaves the stomach quicker, leaving less time for rumination, but yeah, if you continually regurgitate and swallow it, it burns.

You could blend it into a liquid, don't heat, heating negates the digestive aid properties, liquefying it will make it digest even quicker,
🍌

#8 michaeljonson

michaeljonson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:23 AM

Keep yourself busy as much as you can. Exercising can also help you combat the symptoms of the condition.

#9 teaismybutterbeer

teaismybutterbeer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:44 AM

yep quick energy foods.... but however i think its incurable... not trying to be negative or anything... though some say breathing helps

#10 my_own_person

my_own_person

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:13 AM

I know this hasn't been posted on in a long time but for anyone who is still interested, my gastroenterologist said that rumination syndrome is very treatable with behavioral therapy. They help untrain the habit. I haven't started therapy yet but I'm hoping it helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users