laxatives before after weight loss mia pro-mia pro-ana ana purging

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_greenteadreams_*

Guest_greenteadreams_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hiii :)

I was wondering whether it is more effective to have laxatives before or after eating. I usually have at least 3 after eating (at the end of the day), but I don't know whether it would be better to have three before having my one meal of the day.

What do you guys think?

Marina xxxx

#2 AsianNerd

AsianNerd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

i dont think having it before will help, becuz ur taking it to get rid of that food you know?

i tend to take mine one hour after i eat with lots of water

• swal34 likes this

Height: 5'1"
HW:120lbs
LW: 80lbs
CW: 112lbs :'(
GW1: 100lbs
GW2: 95lbs
GW3: 90lbs
UWG: 88lbs with a gorgeous thigh gap and nice bum ;) :P

Fingers crossed!

#3 satiety

satiety

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Please, be more careful with the laxatives. It is addicting, I would definitely not recommend taking them after every meal. Not even everyday. It is not an aid in weight loss.

But when you have to take them, definitely after the food. The pills always need something in your stomach to catalyze with, otherwise they won't work. (But it will hurt even more. I know, because I am stupid enough to want to try everything.)

signature.jpg

#4 Guest_greenteadreams_*

Guest_greenteadreams_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Please, be more careful with the laxatives. It is addicting, I would definitely not recommend taking them after every meal. Not even everyday. It is not an aid in weight loss.

But when you have to take them, definitely after the food. The pills always need something in your stomach to catalyze with, otherwise they won't work. (But it will hurt even more. I know, because I am stupid enough to want to try everything.)

i dont think having it before will help, becuz ur taking it to get rid of that food you know?

i tend to take mine one hour after i eat with lots of water

thank you sweethearts :) and Satiety, I know, it's dreadful. Unfortunately I've had an EDNOS for quite a while now, I find it hard to deal with eating anything at all without the assistance of laxatives :(

#5 satiety

satiety

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

thank you sweethearts :) and Satiety, I know, it's dreadful. Unfortunately I've had an EDNOS for quite a while now, I find it hard to deal with eating anything at all without the assistance of laxatives :(

I have a lot of experience with laxatives, I would love to help you. By the way, why do you find it hard? Is it the tought of having something in your tummy or your body can't digest anymore?

Maybe, I would recommend to try sodium bicarbonate. Baking soda, basically. It does wonders, it is not so harmful (but still, be careful, do not overdo it). It is a strong base and it reacts with acids in your stomach and also with acidic food. It reduces bloating and speeds up the digestion - basically works as laxative for me. Use one or two teaspoonful dissolved in a water after food.

• needskinnyyy likes this

signature.jpg

#6 Guest_greenteadreams_*

Guest_greenteadreams_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

I have a lot of experience with laxatives, I would love to help you. By the way, why do you find it hard? Is it the tought of having something in your tummy or your body can't digest anymore?

Maybe, I would recommend to try sodium bicarbonate. Baking soda, basically. It does wonders, it is not so harmful (but still, be careful, do not overdo it). It is a strong base and it reacts with acids in your stomach and also with acidic food. It reduces bloating and speeds up the digestion - basically works as laxative for me. Use one or two teaspoonful dissolved in a water after food.

It's the thought of having something in my tummy, it makes me feel disgusting and guilty, even if it's just something little, I can even get guilty over drinking water sometimes which I know sounds ridiculous.

I shall try that, that sounds like a great idea, does it work better than laxatives? How effective is it with quick weight loss?

#7 satiety

satiety

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

It's the thought of having something in my tummy, it makes me feel disgusting and guilty, even if it's just something little, I can even get guilty over drinking water sometimes which I know sounds ridiculous.

I shall try that, that sounds like a great idea, does it work better than laxatives? How effective is it with quick weight loss?

When you read more about laxatives (especially about laxative abuse), you will find out that it doesn't help with weight loss at all. Yes, you seem to lose weight, but it is mostly water weight that you get rid off. It may even stop weight loss.
Now I use laxatives only when I actually really have the constipation, that's just happens quite often during the restricting and fasting. The digestion just stops and even though you are losing weight, all of that stays in your intestines. That's why you can usually see the weight loss not during but after the fast or why some people lose weight after their "binge" day after some period of fasting.

On the account of baking soda... it always works for me. The results depend on how acidic your stomach is. If you want to understand more further how does this work, mix together lemon juice and baking soda - that is the same reaction that will be in your stomach = neutralization, acid plus base.

I had that phase of being afraid to drink water as well. But you then become more hungry and your body stores water so you start looking even more bloated. It is hard to do but I would definitely advice you start drinking (slowly) more water. It is very helpful for losing weight and you are less tempted to eat something.

signature.jpg

#8 Guest_greenteadreams_*

Guest_greenteadreams_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

When you read more about laxatives (especially about laxative abuse), you will find out that it doesn't help with weight loss at all. Yes, you seem to lose weight, but it is mostly water weight that you get rid off. It may even stop weight loss.
Now I use laxatives only when I actually really have the constipation, that's just happens quite often during the restricting and fasting. The digestion just stops and even though you are losing weight, all of that stays in your intestines. That's why you can usually see the weight loss not during but after the fast or why some people lose weight after their "binge" day after some period of fasting.

On the account of baking soda... it always works for me. The results depend on how acidic your stomach is. If you want to understand more further how does this work, mix together lemon juice and baking soda - that is the same reaction that will be in your stomach = neutralization, acid plus base.

I had that phase of being afraid to drink water as well. But you then become more hungry and your body stores water so you start looking even more bloated. It is hard to do but I would definitely advice you start drinking (slowly) more water. It is very helpful for losing weight and you are less tempted to eat something.

thank you <3

• satiety likes this

#9 FitChad

FitChad

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationPeterborough, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Try psyllium husk as a laxative.  It's 100% pure, natural fibre, it absorbs toxins and excess food, it makes you feel more full, it cleans out the digestive track, is good for you and you can take as much as you like and it doesn't hurt the digestive system - but rather it's good for it!

I take a table spoon before every meal.  It works best for me before the meal, but take it whenever you like.  I buy it at the health food store or Bulk Barn.  It's amazing.  Best laxative in the world - and it's good for you!

I just put a heaping table spoon in my mouth, take a swig of water and swish it around swallow.  Takes a few swigs and swishes to get it down:)

#10 needskinnyyy

needskinnyyy

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • LocationIf I tell you, you'll find me.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

can i use baking powder for this? :)x

#11 brie

brie

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

Oh gosh...NEVER.

I used to be like you I will just take  couple, thats all. And right now I am literally sitting in pain thinking my bowels are going to pop out of my body and running to the toilet every 5-10 minutes. I had taken a total of 60 laxatives throughout the day. It is SO painful and so humiliating. I really dont want to say this for it is embaressing, but I have shit my pants before while laying in bed because I was unable to get up fast enough a few nights ago.

Here are some alternatives:

-hot baths help stimulate the bowels

-icy hot on the abdomen (or any external pain reliever)...idk why but it stimulates the bowels

-prunes juice

-fiber supplement

-and if your going to take a laxative do a more safer one like miralax...never ever screw around with things like ex-lax, dulcolax, or senna products (yes that includes the tea)

5'5

My life = relapse...recovery...pissed off at recovery weight....relapse again. -_-

#12 satiety

satiety

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:34 AM

can i use baking powder for this? :)x

I am sorry, but baking powder and baking soda is not the same
:(

As I have already mentioned, soda works because it is a base and it causes neutralization reaction.
And to be honest, I had to google what exactly a baking powder is from the chemical point of view. Wikipedia says that it is a mixture of weak base and weak acid, so we can suppose it won't work. Sorry.

• needskinnyyy likes this

signature.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: laxatives, before, after, weight loss, mia, pro-mia, pro-ana, ana, purging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users