About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

so..

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bythestreams_*

Guest_bythestreams_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:40 PM

I've never been diagnosed or told anyone I do this, but I'm confused.

So, because I've always been able to purge hands-free due to my SEVERAL GERD and gastroparesis... I do this frequently. Usually before I purge, I am sitting down just relaxing and bring up the food over and over and over and reswallow it and each time it becomes more liquid and broken down from chewing so much... and ultimately makes purging EASy AS HELL. I can do it with ANY food while I'm just relaxing or doing whatever really. Completely voluntary because I honestly just feel like I'm still eating which is nice if I'm restricting hardcore. Food tastes exactly the same, is never acidic.

It's essentially exactly how I purge, only I reswallow a few times before the actual purge.

Please tell me I'm not crazy lol

#2 inkblots

inkblots

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLet's pretend it's somewhere really freaking awesome

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

nah I've actually heard of people doing this before (though I literally have no idea how)

-Lex

"I'm not sick, but I'm not well… and I'm so hot, 'cause I'm in hell!"

Spoiler

tumblr_m2ycula5x81qffkwto1_500.jpg

#3 Guest_NemmiKat❤_*

Guest_NemmiKat❤_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

I think its just hands free purging since you say its voluntary. Rumination syndrome is only involuntary.

#4 Guest_bythestreams_*

Guest_bythestreams_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:17 PM

I think its just hands free purging since you say its voluntary. Rumination syndrome is only involuntary.

yeah but I usually do it a few times and rechew/swallow before I actually go purge it.

I guess I'm just a freak. HAHAHA.

#5 Guest_NemmiKat❤_*

Guest_NemmiKat❤_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

yeah but I usually do it a few times and rechew/swallow before I actually go purge it.

You're not a freak! I do still believe it to be hands free since you do it at your own will.

#6 Guest_bythestreams_*

Guest_bythestreams_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

You're not a freak! I do still believe it to be hands free since you do it at your own will.

yeah, it's literally EXACTLY what I do to purge...but it's how I keep enjoying the food more pre-purge. Like wtf lol

#7 Tsuki no Usagi

Tsuki no Usagi

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:33 AM

Idk mine is both voluntary and involuntary. Well I guess initially its involuntary because it just comes up without me even wanting to/thinking about it, but sometimes I can kind of force it by like contracting/pushing the muscles in my throat/chest? I think over time Ive just learned which muscles move when it happens involuntary and somewhat mimic it. Sometimes it does require effort however while when it just happens naturally its no effort at all, like breathing or swallowing. 

I suppose the times I do it voluntary are more similar to purging than just the rumination itself. Feels almost the same at times though. 

Height: 5'3"

CW: 110

HW: 128

GW: 105

GW2: 100

GW3: 95

GW4: 90

UGW:85

tumblr_ntdureCHPI1udigego1_500.gif

#8 zero_sum

zero_sum

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:31 PM

This is how I purge.  It is rumination syndrome.  If you look it up, rumination syndrome is described as this.  Infants do it to soothe themselves and stop once food becomes acidic.  Don't worry.  Makes purging fucking easy, eh?

• Bananasaurus likes this

#9 Guest_American Psycho_*

Guest_American Psycho_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

I can purge hands-free but I would never reswallow it. That's kind of gross. lol -but so is purging so...*shrugs*

#10 CrowleyKingOfHell

CrowleyKingOfHell

Overlord of Moose and Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,834 posts
  • LocationThrone of Hell

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:10 PM

I can purge hands-free but I would never reswallow it. That's kind of gross. lol -but so is purging so...*shrugs*

...did you seriously just make fun of a ed habit?

tumblr_nk6yentsyD1tkk1j4o2_250.gif
tumblr_mxc25s4xbr1sltz4lo1_500.gif

Well I'll be a son of a whore

Height: 5'4

HW:367

CW: 177

Gw 1: 200- bass strings 

Gw 2: 180- play again at open mics

Gw 3: 160- jeans &shirts

Gw 4: 140- go to a concert

Gw 5: 120- allow myself 1 homemade italian meal with family

Gw 6: 100- dress and make up

Gw 7: 90- new acoustic bass

#11 Guest_American Psycho_*

Guest_American Psycho_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

...did you seriously just make fun of a ed habit?

No, I didn't. I said it's gross. I purge, it's gross. No clue how you're getting the idea that I'm making fun of an eating disorder habit.

I said reswallowing your purge is gross but I said I PURGE which is also gross so I have no room to talk.

That is no where near "making fun" of someone.

• Craving Carbs likes this

#12 alex0615

alex0615

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts
  • Locationco

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:56 PM

OMG THERE ARE OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I knew this but I mean like I have never really talked to someone else who does this!

I do this every time after I eat unless its like idk like if I just drank some black coffee (gross) or taken my pills before (omg pills are nasty asf) and if there is enough to do it with

I do this not just a few times after I have eaten but like for an hour usualy >30  but less than 2hours. cuz then it gets acidic. but really it tastes the same and idk I feel like I am savoring my food by eating it over and over again. I know it is fucking gross but I like it. and it is VERY ANXIETY PROVOKING IF I DONT DO THIS. like I have ruminated or regurgitated my food for about 2.5 years now everyday and multiple times aday. and before that I had been doing it for like a year but then stopped for 2 years.

my teeth are not really damaged b/c of it tho. once I started B/Ping that's when it fucked it all up. (cuz bile came out after every purge)

but it is very easy to purge after it is chewed extremely well. and I have never stuck anything down my throat to puke. I always did it hands free which is a relief cuz someone I knew had to go to the er b/c they swallowed a toothbrush! omg.

and I feel like I get a "mini workout" lol all them contractions of my abs.

(I know this sounds really sick but I love ruminating honestly.)

when I went to inpatient they never noticed.... THEN MY MOST RECENT INPATIENT I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD FOR ME TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I DO RUMINATE

and it was horrible. i still did it but i had to be really sneaky with it. like towards the end they didn't even care and just let me do it but get "behavior points" taken awa and i had to leave

in the beginning i was in my room for all groups and had to eat alone so basically i wasn't getting any therapy at all b/c the individual therapist refused to meet with me if i did it.

and then i could go to groups like when i was done dong it which was like after 1-2 hours so i only had like 30 minutes max to be in group before the next meal and then i do it again.

and i remember this one guy (MHC) making fun of me for ruminating (he never heard of it before so he thought that what i told him i was doing was me joking with him) so he called me like a cow or farm animal that chews the cud.

and so many times i had those MHC s   refuse to be assigned to me ( i overheard a lot in my room)  b/c they thought "it is gross and disturbing" and the same mean girl was always assigned to me she was so rude and was like "can you stop now b/c i don't have time to monitor you all the time"

omg and just so many more stories that made me feel so ashamed of myself.

this is why i am in my room 24/7 except for school. where i don't eat the breakfast they serve except the little box of cereal and i suck on it until it dissolves so i don't have anything to chew again. and every class after lunch i sit in the far back like 3 feet away from anyone else (its cool cuz no one knows me so they are not like "come sit with us!") and i always put on my hoodie or something to cover my neck cuz that is what gives it away. cuz i can always say i am chewing gum or something.

idk. i just did not know more people did this.

and when i went on this forum before their rumination disorders were not intentional

• Bananasaurus and spoonface like this

#13 Bananasaurus

Bananasaurus

Omniscient

• Members
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:02 AM

it's hard to say, because the initial regurgitation is involuntary, yes?
🍌

#14 Bananasaurus

Bananasaurus

Omniscient

• Members
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:12 AM

the Internet is awesome, I can make you feel so much less confused and alone in the weird s*** you do
🍌

#15 Guest_hedonistic-shrinking_*

Guest_hedonistic-shrinking_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:24 AM

-_- I'm glad I'm not alone, but I'm worried about my teeth and throat. EVERYONE, swish some baking soda-water solution if acid is a problem!! since its pure alkaline it neutralizes the high acid. 

#16 Merry B

Merry B

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:49 PM

OMG THERE ARE OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I knew this but I mean like I have never really talked to someone else who does this!

I do this every time after I eat unless its like idk like if I just drank some black coffee (gross) or taken my pills before (omg pills are nasty asf) and if there is enough to do it with

I do this not just a few times after I have eaten but like for an hour usualy >30  but less than 2hours. cuz then it gets acidic. but really it tastes the same and idk I feel like I am savoring my food by eating it over and over again. I know it is fucking gross but I like it. and it is VERY ANXIETY PROVOKING IF I DONT DO THIS. like I have ruminated or regurgitated my food for about 2.5 years now everyday and multiple times aday. and before that I had been doing it for like a year but then stopped for 2 years.

my teeth are not really damaged b/c of it tho. once I started B/Ping that's when it fucked it all up. (cuz bile came out after every purge)

but it is very easy to purge after it is chewed extremely well. and I have never stuck anything down my throat to puke. I always did it hands free which is a relief cuz someone I knew had to go to the er b/c they swallowed a toothbrush! omg.

and I feel like I get a "mini workout" lol all them contractions of my abs.

(I know this sounds really sick but I love ruminating honestly.)

when I went to inpatient they never noticed.... THEN MY MOST RECENT INPATIENT I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD FOR ME TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I DO RUMINATE

and it was horrible. i still did it but i had to be really sneaky with it. like towards the end they didn't even care and just let me do it but get "behavior points" taken awa and i had to leave

in the beginning i was in my room for all groups and had to eat alone so basically i wasn't getting any therapy at all b/c the individual therapist refused to meet with me if i did it.

and then i could go to groups like when i was done dong it which was like after 1-2 hours so i only had like 30 minutes max to be in group before the next meal and then i do it again.

and i remember this one guy (MHC) making fun of me for ruminating (he never heard of it before so he thought that what i told him i was doing was me joking with him) so he called me like a cow or farm animal that chews the cud.

and so many times i had those MHC s   refuse to be assigned to me ( i overheard a lot in my room)  b/c they thought "it is gross and disturbing" and the same mean girl was always assigned to me she was so rude and was like "can you stop now b/c i don't have time to monitor you all the time"

omg and just so many more stories that made me feel so ashamed of myself.

this is why i am in my room 24/7 except for school. where i don't eat the breakfast they serve except the little box of cereal and i suck on it until it dissolves so i don't have anything to chew again. and every class after lunch i sit in the far back like 3 feet away from anyone else (its cool cuz no one knows me so they are not like "come sit with us!") and i always put on my hoodie or something to cover my neck cuz that is what gives it away. cuz i can always say i am chewing gum or something.

idk. i just did not know more people did this.

and when i went on this forum before their rumination disorders were not intentional

OMG you really described me. I like doing that especially with sweet food or heavy food (pasta for example!) that you can "keep eating" for a lot of time after. I hate doing that with vegetables or ice cream (ice cream get an awful taste really quick).

but my problem is that it makes me sometimes eat more just for keep doing that after the food in my stomach is acidic.... also I'm afraid for the color of my teeth cause I whitened it not long ago and I'm scared that it'll back to the ugly yellow color. 

#17 Fernandafmz

Fernandafmz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

Omg i do exacttly the same lol.. i bring up the food over and over and then when it is more liquid or it doesn't taste good or i get tired to do that i start with The Real Purge. I know is so easy bring it up and without any sound( even after a purge my face looks normal) .
I have to say that i recenttly discover that this exist lol and i'm not proud to say that i do this many times..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users