PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

My throat is bleeding! Should I tell my grandma about me being bulimic?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tianaeatsair

Tianaeatsair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationLfd, Texas

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

I am scared! Has this happened to any of you?

#2 jazzydoodle

jazzydoodle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSouthern USA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Very important, are you sure that it is your throat, and not coming from your stomach? The throat is way less serious, and can heal, but bleeding from your stomach is super serious!

message me if you need a buddy or advice!
Ana is my blessing; Mia is my curse

#3 Tianaeatsair

Tianaeatsair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationLfd, Texas

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

When I purged, I saw it on my fingers. So, I guess it is from my throat. I am not sure though.

#4 jazzydoodle

jazzydoodle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSouthern USA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I would say that it is most likely from being to aggressive with your purging method. I know its hard to stop purging, but try not to for a few days and see if it goes away, before saying something. 

also was it just a little, or was it a lot of blood?

message me if you need a buddy or advice!
Ana is my blessing; Mia is my curse

#5 NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

I have to agree with jazzy - it's only REALLY serious if it's coming from your stomach and is a lot - you don't want to be hemorrhaging - watch for dizziness, weakness, paleness, fainting, etc.

most likely, if it was just on your fingers, the acid eroded your throat a bit and you have ulcerative lesions.  I would try to stop purging for a few days - try to give it a rest.

#6 J J XXX

J J XXX

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationLoughborough

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

u can tell a doctor everything its in confidence with them...... purging breaks blood vessels in nose and throat and can cause bleeding in stomach just try fasting say ur on a diet shake diet and let her see u make them 3 times a day and pour them away rather than drinking them or just say ur fasting. You will feel more in control that way. Give ur throat a rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users