PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Too many calories...?

calories diet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_misskrayon_*

Guest_misskrayon_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

Hi! So I'm 16, I live with my grandma, and I've been pro-ana for about 4 years. I moved in with her around January and she's usually at work during the day so I can eat how I want without her getting suspicious or anything...For the most part, unless she brings home food or wants to eat out, I eat 500 calories a day, I exercise every day/every other day, and have breakfast, lunch, and dinner that consist of my safe foods. I am losing weight gradually, but

I'm now wondering if 500 calories a day is too much at this point?

Here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: Plain oatmeal- 150 calories; almond milk-30

Lunch: Saltine crackers- 60; cheese slice- 45; brown mustard- 5; unsweetened applesauce- 50

Dinner: Rice- 160

Total: 500 calories

It just seems like so much food when I look at my daily intake...

Also, any suggestions for different and/or healthier safe foods? I know fresh fruits and veggies are really good for you, but I only eat things that have a calorie count and serving size on them.

Here are some of my other safe foods:

-Rice cakes

-Whole grain cereals

-Natural yogurt

-Soy milk

-Fat-free cottage cheese

So what do you think? How many calories should I eat? What are some good safe foods that I should eat?

Thank you for any opinions/suggestions!

Also, I have a medical condition called porphyria that requires me to eat more carbs than the average person. Thanks again! :)

#2 lovely electea

lovely electea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

You are doing fine! I would say add fruit salads, whole wheat bread, skinless chicken breast, keep the oatmeal, add lots of nuts and granola! Protein carbs are your best friend as long as you work out. 500 cal is fine. Eat what you are comfortable. Xoxo.

#3 Guest_misskrayon_*

Guest_misskrayon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

Well today for breakfast I ate one serving of oatmeal and was like, this is too much. So now I'm doing 300/day. I won't eat fruit salads because I wouldn't know 100% how many calories is in it; same thing with the chicken and nuts because sadly, I don't have a kitchen scale. Even if I did though, I still wouldn't eat the fruit salad because it doesn't have a definitive calorie count. I'm SO sick of oatmeal at this point, but I'll definitely get some whole grain bread! As long as there's no HFCS in it...

#4 lovely electea

lovely electea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Well do what you can! Buy pre packaged things so you know the calorie count! Maybe go on a juice or smoothie detox :)

#5 Guest_misskrayon_*

Guest_misskrayon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

I already do that; and I'll think about doing a detox :) I take laxatives every once in a while to clean out my system

#6 dietstokes

dietstokes

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

Kitchen scales are super cheap. I got mine I think for 10 bucks. Get one, and then eat some fruit and veg. They are so good for you. You are just eating carbs, and while carbs give you energy and fiber, they are lacking in some important nutrients. 

HW: 155

LW:100

CW: 155 154 153 152 151 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134

GW1: 140 (Met!)

GW2: 135 (Met!)

GW3: 130

GW4:125

GW5:120

GW6(for now): 115

Two Months Until Santa Christmas UGW Challenge!

Running Everyday for 365 Days!

#7 Guest_misskrayon_*

Guest_misskrayon_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

I'll try to get one! Thanks :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calories, diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users