About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

can I replace confectioners sugar in meringues with artificial calorie free sweetners?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ara&Ana

Ara&Ana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Just wondering, I have a fear of sugar...

#2 acquiredtaste142

acquiredtaste142

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

I know splenda makes sugar for baking... I would assume that would work. Wouldn't hurt to try it anyway!

• Ara&Ana likes this

#3 Guest_shamayamikel_*

Guest_shamayamikel_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

I FUCKING LOKE MERINGUE!!!

unfortunately, no. I dont think you can

#4 Dreamdarefly

Dreamdarefly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

I did this last night! I used a brand called Stevia, which is dutch. It turned out absolutely amazing, I got like 10 cookies out of 2 eggwhites :)

#5 Thegymbum

Thegymbum

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

That's one of my favorite sweet treats!! I do this all the time! I use splenda, never tried it with anything else though.

It's good IMO, but it isn't really anywhere near a regular meringue. It's soft and squishy... kind of firm but sort of gooey. The outside gets crisp but I can't get the inside any crisper without the outside turning black lol.

So I'd at least give it a shot! Don't expect it to taste like a real meringue though haha.

Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

H: 5'6"
CW: 88
HW: 135
LW: 72

#6 Thegymbum

Thegymbum

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

I do this all the time! Love it! I use splenda.

IMO it's really good but it's really nothing like a regular meringue lol. The outside is a little crisp, but the middle is soft and squishy. I can't get the inside any firmer without totally burning the outisde though! but I like it!

I'd say give it a shot! Just use one egg white the first time to try it out, and if you like it make more :)

Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

H: 5'6"
CW: 88
HW: 135
LW: 72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users