PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

can I replace confectioners sugar in meringues with artificial calorie free sweetners?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ara&Ana

Ara&Ana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Just wondering, I have a fear of sugar...

#2 acquiredtaste142

acquiredtaste142

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

I know splenda makes sugar for baking... I would assume that would work. Wouldn't hurt to try it anyway!

• Ara&Ana likes this

#3 Guest_shamayamikel_*

Guest_shamayamikel_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

I FUCKING LOKE MERINGUE!!!

unfortunately, no. I dont think you can

#4 Dreamdarefly

Dreamdarefly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

I did this last night! I used a brand called Stevia, which is dutch. It turned out absolutely amazing, I got like 10 cookies out of 2 eggwhites :)

#5 Thegymbum

Thegymbum

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

That's one of my favorite sweet treats!! I do this all the time! I use splenda, never tried it with anything else though.

It's good IMO, but it isn't really anywhere near a regular meringue. It's soft and squishy... kind of firm but sort of gooey. The outside gets crisp but I can't get the inside any crisper without the outside turning black lol.

So I'd at least give it a shot! Don't expect it to taste like a real meringue though haha.

Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

H: 5'6"
CW: 88
HW: 135
LW: 72

#6 Thegymbum

Thegymbum

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

I do this all the time! Love it! I use splenda.

IMO it's really good but it's really nothing like a regular meringue lol. The outside is a little crisp, but the middle is soft and squishy. I can't get the inside any firmer without totally burning the outisde though! but I like it!

I'd say give it a shot! Just use one egg white the first time to try it out, and if you like it make more :)

Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

H: 5'6"
CW: 88
HW: 135
LW: 72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users