About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Please review doctors and treatment centers

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 727 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

If you've ever received any treatment, whether Inpatient, Outpatient, PHP, IOP or other, please take a few minutes to leave a review of your experience.

EDHelpNow is bringing more transparency to the process to help people make informed decisions about the treatment they believe will be most valuable for themselves. Hearing about the experience of others can help someone choose one professional over another. Think of it as the Yelp for Eating Disorder professionals. Just a few minutes of your time will help hundreds of others.

Visit edhelpnow.com and search for the doctor or center you visited, and then click "write review".

If you don't see your treatment professional listed, please email [email protected] - this will help grow the directory. They are also currently lacking more professionals outside the US so please feel free to request any additions regardless of geographic location.

• '`( O (o o) O)`', dovetears, Ellebunny and 5 others like this

#2 numbed_out

numbed_out

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • LocationSomewhere either caring too much or not enough

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:45 PM

This is a really good idea to put this here. Thanks, admin.
  • Rhi and smmrblake like this

AN b/p. 

My weight is none of your fucking business.  

"I sincerely regret all of the times I was so concerned with being too fucking cool.
God it’s all so fucking embarrassing.
You take a step back and see just how hard you’re “trying” - at anything at all really, anything - and it’s so terribly pathetic.
Goddamn what a frighteningly mortifying existence.
Take note because you’re part of it."

But above all else....this, too, shall pass.

#3 Chameleon Soul

Chameleon Soul

Omniscient

• Members
  • 6,645 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:37 PM

This will be very helpful. Thank you Admin. :)

#4 Guest_beautyinashes_*

Guest_beautyinashes_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:25 AM

Thank you for this!!

#5 breaking-out

breaking-out

Omniscient

• Members
  • 9,105 posts
  • LocationDenmark yo holla

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:46 AM

For me, it says there is nothing at the place I'm currently being treated. Sadly I think this may only work for bigger countries.

Also, very few people from where I live will ever find that site so it seems to be a lot of work for little to no gain.

• Thinatheart04 likes this

Spoiler

"Show me your worst," the Earth said to the Storm, "And I will blossom anyway."

Bitter, bitter was the pain and wilder and wilder grew her song, for she sang of the Love that is perfected by Death, of the Love that dies not in the tomb.

Got_Pot__44898__72268__03172.1454611141.

xK5bEV5.png

#6 She_Went_Quietly

She_Went_Quietly

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 5,808 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the fucking rainbow

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

I love this!!!

Would've been perfect for when I went to treatment, but I've been to two places - one not so good and one AMAZING.

Doing this now!

(P.s. if you're thinking about treatment, go for it. It's worth it. You're worth it! I promise :) ♡)
  • variable and numbed_out like this

***We know we are only worth it; if we can be perfectYet strange enough; our failures are just one defectThe real defect is in our hearts; we want another chanceInstead of walking in the shadows; we promise we'll danceWe'll dance with such beauty and graceTwists and turns; bounds and leaps,right into your embrace, before we fall into EMPTY SPACE***
2q15ohl.jpg
2ev4svk.jpg
2qiybli.jpg
2v021k5.jpg

Spoiler

***Food is a part of life,

but I am not a part of this life.

Food is medicine,

but I do not know wellness.

Food is living,

and I do not want to be alive***

Always here for support and to lend an ear or give a huge virtual hug.

Remember none of you are alone in this fight. In this life.

<3

#7 Thinatheart04

Thinatheart04

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:46 AM

HW:191lbs/86kg (possibly as much as 220lbs/99kg because I didn't weigh myself for awhile),LW:118lbs/53kg,SW:158lbs/71kg,CW:115 lbs/52kg ( :( ),1st GW:135lbs/61kg,2nd GW:125lbs/56kg,UGW:120lbs/54kg

On the journey of self recovery...(conflicted emotions & thoughts along the way :( )

#8 Oh Happy Day

Oh Happy Day

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationInpatient

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:06 PM

nothing for the UK?

• xxxxo likes this
CW: too fat, in hospital
GW: dead

"I eat too much to die, but not enough to stay alive. I'm sitting in the middle, waiting."

#9 Ellebunny

Ellebunny

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationNorth England

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:23 AM

Could do with a worldwide one, I can't review where I went in England!

tumblr_inline_n8mr7jRW4P1ry72eo.giftumblr_inline_n8mr8cYGlk1ry72eo.giftumblr_inline_n8mr8cYGlk1ry72eo.giftumblr_inline_n8mr7jRW4P1ry72eo.gif    PinkBunnyStand.gif

vbn.gif tumblr | myfitnesspal miniflor4.gif

#10 Guest_sweatshirt_*

Guest_sweatshirt_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:11 PM

I think I tried to post about my lame experience there once, but it didn't post. Lol

#11 SweetTangerine

SweetTangerine

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:29 PM

I'm so glad to post some experience here!
I went to a treatment center in Kenner, Louisiana, which is one of the surrounding towns lumped in with New Orleans. It was called River Oaks. At the time, I was diagnosed with moderate Bulimia. I didn't want to recover, I wanted to stop binging and purging. I've been overeating and binging my whole life, since I was a kid.. I started regularly purging in October 2014. I got down to my lowest adult weight of 152 (by highest weight with BED was 300lbs) and plateaued. I blamed my binging and wanted to stop, but didn't want to stop restricting. The treatment center was amazing.. one of the best in the US from what I've heard. If I had really wanted to recover, I would've succeeded with flying colors because of the tools that treatment gave me. When I left, I regularly saw a therapist named Lisa Oliver, once or twice a week, and saw a dietician named Daphne Olivier once a week. I lied the whole time and continued restricting, so it wasn't long before my binging and purging started again. But, when I went to treatment it had gotten to twice a day. Now, it's a few times a week. That's not ideal, but I use a lot of tools from treatment still. I wouldn't take my time there back just cause I'm still trapped here. It was there that I really discovered Brain Over Binge, and those are a lot of the tool I still use. The only downside is the cost.. without my amazing insurance, it would've been $60,000 and I ended up paying about $5000. It's put me in further debt than I already was, but I still wouldn't take it back.

I hope that, if you really want to recover, you'll find a place for you. I've seen recovery and it's beautiful. I'm just not there yet. I have hope that it's possible, I just sometimes doubt I'll ever want it. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts:)
  • jickmagger likes this

#12 jickmagger

jickmagger

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:40 AM

I'm so glad to post some experience here!
I went to a treatment center in Kenner, Louisiana, which is one of the surrounding towns lumped in with New Orleans. It was called River Oaks. At the time, I was diagnosed with moderate Bulimia. I didn't want to recover, I wanted to stop binging and purging. I've been overeating and binging my whole life, since I was a kid.. I started regularly purging in October 2014. I got down to my lowest adult weight of 152 (by highest weight with BED was 300lbs) and plateaued. I blamed my binging and wanted to stop, but didn't want to stop restricting. The treatment center was amazing.. one of the best in the US from what I've heard. If I had really wanted to recover, I would've succeeded with flying colors because of the tools that treatment gave me. When I left, I regularly saw a therapist named Lisa Oliver, once or twice a week, and saw a dietician named Daphne Olivier once a week. I lied the whole time and continued restricting, so it wasn't long before my binging and purging started again. But, when I went to treatment it had gotten to twice a day. Now, it's a few times a week. That's not ideal, but I use a lot of tools from treatment still. I wouldn't take my time there back just cause I'm still trapped here. It was there that I really discovered Brain Over Binge, and those are a lot of the tool I still use. The only downside is the cost.. without my amazing insurance, it would've been $60,000 and I ended up paying about $5000. It's put me in further debt than I already was, but I still wouldn't take it back.

I hope that, if you really want to recover, you'll find a place for you. I've seen recovery and it's beautiful. I'm just not there yet. I have hope that it's possible, I just sometimes doubt I'll ever want it. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts:)

im so glad to hear you found a place like this! i wish you the best of luck and hopefully one day you will get there. i completely understand not being ready, be as careful as you can (:

& op, this is an amazing idea. I've never had treatment for my ed though, sorry I'm not much help /:

5'2.2"

hw- 127 lbs

cw-fuck off

gw-82 lbs

PiFriendsGif.gif

#13 second best

second best

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3,465 posts
  • Locationunder your stairs

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:25 PM

#14 whyntir

whyntir

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 2,002 posts
  • LocationLurking

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:25 PM

I was in canyon ridge in southern california for suicide but they knew about my bulimia. They never did shit about it. I would binge on all the snacks in the common room after dinner (but i didn't really eat dinner) and then purge. I had a hard time with things because I was constipated and they wouldn't give me anything to fix it really. Like I got one laxative and that was it. Like naw, that aint gonna work, I need, like, 5 more. So I would binge to try and shit. To be fair, they are not primarily for eating disorders.

164 cm/ 5'4.5"

HW- 143.6 lbs/ 65 kg
SW- 138 lbs/ 62.6 kg
CW- 134.8 lbs/ 61.14 kg
GW1- 130 lbs/ 59 kg
GW2- 115 lbs/ 52.w kg
GW3- 100 lbs/ 45.4 kg
GW4- 90 lbs/ 41 kg

#15 CyouRAnyway

CyouRAnyway

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:10 PM

I've only been treated for anorexia. I was in several centers as a minor, but sadly, didn't really get treatment. People only wanted to see weight gain. I never got any intensive therapy addressing my ED- just sandwiches thrown at me.

I was a minor then.

Now that I am an adult, I'm bulimic, as a result of how my anorexia was handled. I feel that I'm too busy with adult life to seek treatment and even if I did, I don't feel "sick" enough because I'm a normal weight.

I think about treatment every now and then..but am convinced it won't work.

• StonedCold likes this

5'4  23 years old. Grad student.
BGS: Psychology/Human Sexuality

LW: 70
HW: 140

CW: 117
UGW- 88.

6687821aa22eac93b581bd5fb19c1168.md.jpg

#16 smoovelime

smoovelime

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:56 AM

I've only been treated for anorexia. I was in several centers as a minor, but sadly, didn't really get treatment. People only wanted to see weight gain. I never got any intensive therapy addressing my ED- just sandwiches thrown at me.
I was a minor then.

Now that I am an adult, I'm bulimic, as a result of how my anorexia was handled. I feel that I'm too busy with adult life to seek treatment and even if I did, I don't feel "sick" enough because I'm a normal weight.

I think about treatment every now and then..but am convinced it won't work.

Was the food good at least
  • '`( O (o o) O)`' likes this
That is not dead which can eternal lie...

...Yet with strange aeons even death may die.

#17 Oink Oink Moo

Oink Oink Moo

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:42 AM

Not a treatment center, but there's a dental practice in Houston that specializes in eating disorders. I took way too long to get to a dentist and only went to them because I saw that the owner/main dentist is very involved in the ed-community. I never felt judged there. I only felt compassion (and maybe some mouth pain, hahaha). They're kind of pricey because of the area they're in, but are truly wonderful. They helped me get my smile back and I will forever be grateful for that. They're called Houston Uptown Dentists.

#18 Guest_Lypophrenia_*

Guest_Lypophrenia_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

Thank you.

#19 Saint_AnaMia

Saint_AnaMia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:20 AM

how do you even find reviews on here? I just see tons of listings