About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Please review doctors and treatment centers

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 justhissmashpiece

justhissmashpiece

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:41 AM

so I am looking a for a treatment program (most likely need inpatient at this point) but I can't find any place that will take me due to severe food allergies (diagnosed since I was a little kid) to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy and milk. If anyone knows of a place that can handle this kind of thing, please let me know, getting kind of desperate. I've been turned away by over 30 programs, and it's getting kind of demoralizing. 

#22 '`( O (o o) O)`'

'`( O (o o) O)`'

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,081 posts
  • LocationTrying to line my cow patties in a row.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

I just came out of two different, very famous centers, and neither are on this website. 

OKaP Giving Recovery 'The Finger'.

Photo Dump

Info

Spoiler

#23 18lydia

18lydia

Omniscient

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

I just came out of two different, very famous centers, and neither are on this website. 

thats so interesting is ther a way you can contact them and add your input? it might really be helpfull to someone

• '`( O (o o) O)`' likes this

giphy.gif 200w.gif#147

#24 '`( O (o o) O)`'

'`( O (o o) O)`'

Omniscient

• Members
  • 9,081 posts
  • LocationTrying to line my cow patties in a row.

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

thats so interesting is ther a way you can contact them and add your input? it might really be helpfull to someone

idk, I can't seem to find a way to add one on the website. I might ask my current place when I go back in to treatment tomorrow, but that seems like an awkward convo so maybe nah. 

OKaP Giving Recovery 'The Finger'.

Photo Dump

Info

Spoiler

#25 EKGEB

EKGEB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:53 PM

For those living in Melbourne and looking for help. I'm 18 years into my eating disorder but for the first time I feel I have found a good therapist. Someone who understands me and is helping me via CBT. He gives me homework and helps me see my behaviour clearly.

I came across a psychologist called Jarrod Pennington who works from South Yarra- https://melbournepsychologyclinic.com
  • MindreAna and maddys like this

#26 rajaajay

rajaajay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

i went to an inpatient treatment center in oconomowoc wisconsin called Rogers Memorial. it was really difficult finding a treatment center that dealt with males with ed and this was really supposed to be a renowned facility so i had high expectations. unfortunately it was a less than pleasant experience. first of all the living quarters were right off of this living room space and thats all you had as far as roamimg area, so i really had a sense of severe clostrophobia. just one room all day day after day for months. also i didnt find it very therapeutic. the groups offered no new information, nothing that you couldnt get going to outpatient therapy. there were also no activities to speak of. there may have been more if it was summer (it was winter and there was snow up to your nipples outside the whole time i was there) but still not a lot to do to occupy your mind. i definitely wish we had done some more research into the program before we singed up.

#27 The Reader

The Reader

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3,468 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can pretend I have spoons

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:49 PM

Left a review for the ED clinic I went to... and yeah I feel bad because it's the only review and I gave them 3 stars... but fucking learn some bedside manners you pieces of shit... (talking to the clinic, not to any of you beautiful people).

If you are suicidal, or just need someone to talk to, there is a texting service for US citizens called Crisis Text Line @ 741-741

You can also message me at any time (no judgement).

tumblr_nmcpj1aoH41tvj4dvo1_500.gif

Disclaimer: I do not tolerate body shaming of any kind. I understand that we are all here because we hate our own bodies, but that doesn't give anyone the right to make fun of someone else for their bodies. Every body is beautiful. Eating disorders are a mental illness, not an excuse to be rude to others for the way they look just because it doesn't fit into your personal definition of beauty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users